Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I need assistance with the "Misfits" Part 1 game as I cannot search for numbers and I think the game uses different kinds of values or it's not yet compatible with URP Mod.

Note: I was playing "Misfits" Part 1, and I think Part 2 and 3 use the same.

Can you advise if anything can be done to make changes to scores/pointers?

Really appreciate it and thank you. (^_^)b

View attachment 3166897
They use a custom class for those stats, which URM currently doesn't support.
But... I have some great news! I've also tested this with the URM version that's currently in development and with that new version it works like you would expect!

• Love
Reactions: Daiqvist

metacuca

Jul 25, 2020
Corrupted Kingdoms

In this game, I got this error. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 203, in <module>
  File "game/0x52/framework/01loader.rpy", line 34, in load_file
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 199, in script
  File "C:\Users\Public\Public Games\Renpy\CorruptedKingdoms-0.20.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Public\Public Games\Renpy\CorruptedKingdoms-0.20.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Corrupted Kingdoms 0.20.5
Wed Dec 13 00:43:06 2023

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have some error with game lycoris radiata (Patreon version) as above
  • URM 1.15.2
  • Game "Lycoris radiata"
  • No other mod installed
Not sure how to fix it. as i recall early version is not have this error
Corrupted Kingdoms

In this game, I got this error. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "0x52/classes/main.rpyc", line 199, in script
  File "C:\Users\Public\Public Games\Renpy\CorruptedKingdoms-0.20.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Public\Public Games\Renpy\CorruptedKingdoms-0.20.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Corrupted Kingdoms 0.20.5
Wed Dec 13 00:43:06 2023
If you'd searched for the game in this thread, you'd have found this.
There now seems to be two games causing the same issue. I will look into this further.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I tried to hold myself from using this mod for a long time, but finally gave up some time ago and it was even better than I expected. "Why, are you an idiot?" some may ask; the reason is when you get used to good tools like this, returning to regular gameplay is painful. And now I'm addicted to it! Some praising is long due...

Very useful tool and certainly improves gameplay quality and enjoyment. Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Apr 1, 2018
Back with another personal feature suggest, can I suggest for a sort of "black-list" for some path detections? cause I constantly get those pesky, just completely random path detection notifications just showing up on every turn, just teasing me to open it only to find out its that one path notification I seen 8 times. If there was a little option in the notifications for players to manually (or automatically blocked by urm) to blacklist certain path notifications so they don't show anymore would be nice. Just a suggestion tho I just hate getting notifications on some random thing for the 8th time.

1702497133202.png
if you opened up and seen these 8 times in a row you will know exactly what I mean.

• Love
Reactions: oldman1980

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Back with another personal feature suggest, can I suggest for a sort of "black-list" for some path detections? cause I constantly get those pesky, just completely random path detection notifications just showing up on every turn, just teasing me to open it only to find out its that one path notification I seen 8 times. If there was a little option in the notifications for players to manually (or automatically blocked by urm) to blacklist certain path notifications so they don't show anymore would be nice. Just a suggestion tho I just hate getting notifications on some random thing for the 8th time.

View attachment 3170648
if you opened up and seen these 8 times in a row you will know exactly what I mean.
That's going to be up to how that game's dev coded the game's language options. I've seen a few games like that, where there are path detections every few lines because there are just a ton of if statements in the code. Has nothing to do with URM itself other than that URM is telling you about them. KoGa's music mods often do the same thing, popping up a path notification when the music starts and stops because of how KoGa coded the jukebox part of the mod. Unless 0x52 has some way of telling trivial path changes apart from more important ones (which may be a subjective measure anyway), it's probably something you'll have to live with for that game if you want to use URM and still have path detection.

Daiqvist

Jul 20, 2018
That's going to be up to how that game's dev coded the game's language options. I've seen a few games like that, where there are path detections every few lines because there are just a ton of if statements in the code. Has nothing to do with URM itself other than that URM is telling you about them. KoGa's music mods often do the same thing, popping up a path notification when the music starts and stops because of how KoGa coded the jukebox part of the mod. Unless 0x52 has some way of telling trivial path changes apart from more important ones (which may be a subjective measure anyway), it's probably something you'll have to live with for that game if you want to use URM and still have path detection.
Path detection is really a key feature but i agree that some code implementations bring to continuous path detection.. so you may miss the really important path split.
The idea of a kind of "black list" or a filter in the path detection would be really useful in some games/mods (KoGa's music is a perfect example)

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

View attachment 3170648
Path detection is really a key feature but i agree that some code implementations bring to continuous path detection.. so you may miss the really important path split.
The idea of a kind of "black list" or a filter in the path detection would be really useful in some games/mods (KoGa's music is a perfect example)
It was already requested here and is on the wishlist

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
Good evening,
it's been a long time since I've had an error when starting a game with the mod, but here's one.

What I can say for sure is that before today's update, the mod was working properly, so I deduce that the problem comes from the game, but I'll let you know just in case.

here's the game :
https://f95zone.to/threads/lycoris-radiata-ch-6-public-kuro.94891/

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Good evening,
it's been a long time since I've had an error when starting a game with the mod, but here's one.

What I can say for sure is that before today's update, the mod was working properly, so I deduce that the problem comes from the game, but I'll let you know just in case.

here's the game :
https://f95zone.to/threads/lycoris-radiata-ch-6-public-kuro.94891/

I created a fix for this yesterday. So the next URM release will work.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
getting errors with the new Banking on Bella update
I don't. URM works as expected, no errors, and I can change all the stuff I want. As your error seems to be related to URM's self-update check, what version of URM are you using?

Also: please see "Reporting an issue" in the very first comment of this thread.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 0x52

HardPlay109

Sep 22, 2021
Hello, good morning, I have a question, there are games where it doesn't let me put numbers in anything, mc.money=(it stays blank without adding any numbers) l instaled this mod thinking I could do it but it stil won't let me alone, it's in some games not al.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello, good morning, I have a question, there are games where it doesn't let me put numbers in anything, mc.money=(it stays blank without adding any numbers) l instaled this mod thinking I could do it but it stil won't let me alone, it's in some games not al.
If you could be more specific on what game you're trying to change which variable(s), I could try to reproduce it to find out if it's actually not possible or if it's something you might be doing wrong.

HardPlay109

Sep 22, 2021
If you could be more specific on what game you're trying to change which variable(s), I could try to reproduce it to find out if it's actually not possible or if it's something you might be doing wrong.
I have tried several but the ones l
remember are: Insexual awakening
and curently my cute rommate

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes