Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Does it work with joiplay
Yes. As mentioned in the OP

anyone know how to freeze the code?
What do you mean?

Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • Are you using the latest version of URM? YES
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread) Lust and Power
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file ATTACHED TRACEBACK
  • What did you do that caused the issue? Searching variables
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible) N/A
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:" N/A
  • What OS are you on? Windows
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)? NO
See:
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

When you get this exception (just showing it partially here):
return SetDict(sys._getframe(1).f_locals, name, value)

This is caused when a developer assigned something to Ren'Py's "sys".
By doing this they broke Ren'Py itself. You can fix this using these instructions.

Reactions: Feyd

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
Errors when using it with https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-and-power-v0-66-regular-lurking-hedgehog.3882/
throws errors on loading any save and on starting new game, works fine if I remove 0x52_URM.rpa
tried using both 2.0.3 and 2.1.4 versions
```

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen

store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)

File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 186, in SetLocalVariable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "_stock/home/myroom/myroom.rpyc", line 73, in script

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute

self.call("execute")

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call

return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call

return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)

File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen

store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\exports.py", line 3347, in call_screen

rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact

rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact

repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in interact_core

root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all

d.visit_all(callback, seen)

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all

callback(self)

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\core.py", line 4055, in <lambda>

root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact

self.update()

File ".\Lust_and_Power-0.66\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update

self.screen.function(**self.scope)

File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 20, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 20, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 37, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 42, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 49, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 28, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 28, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 35, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 42, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 75, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 76, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 80, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 88, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 89, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 90, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 92, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 99, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 100, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 103, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 109, in execute

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 109, in keywords

File "0x52-URM/screens/watchpanel.rpy.x52", line 109, in <module>

File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 186, in SetLocalVariable

Windows-10

Ren'Py 8.1.4.23102801+nightly

Lust and Power 0.66

```

k1bell

Sep 15, 2017
Weird, I am having an issue finding certain variables in the game D'Legacy
I can't seem to find the variables in the image, I can see it in the console, but I can't find a way to modify them or find them in URM.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 193857.jpg

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Weird, I am having an issue finding certain variables in the game D'Legacy
I can't seem to find the variables in the image, I can see it in the console, but I can't find a way to modify them or find them in URM.

View attachment 3685680
I assume you would have to search of either "p_need" or "now" and you can then expand the variable.
URM online searches 2 levels deep, what you're seeing is 3 levels deep.

Reactions: kidderyao and Feyd

k1bell

Sep 15, 2017
I assume you would have to search of either "p_need" or "now" and you can then expand the variable.
URM online searches 2 levels deep, what you're seeing is 3 levels deep.
No results for "p_need" and unrelated results for "now".
Screenshot 2024-06-01 173646.jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-01 173717.jpg

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 2.2: Custom quickmenu
Its been a while since the last major URM update, but here we are again. The important new feature here it the possibility to add a custom quickmenu to every game. There are a couple of possible options to configure:
  • Alignment/positioning
  • Orientation: horizontal/vertical
  • Which buttons to show
  • Auto hide: only shows the quickmenu when your mousepointer is in the area
  • Style: Ren'py's default style, URM buttons, URM iconbuttons or Icons only
screenshot0013.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0016.png

Maxiom

Jul 31, 2020
It would be useful if you could choose the key which toggles the watchpanel on/off.
I use this with SanchoMod and that has "M" designated to its menu.

Anyways, great update. Thanks.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
0x52
Hey, great idea with quickmenu option. So many devs remove the auto function when there is no other button in renpy to use that functionality. Anyways, I will suggest that you should add a slider in the quickmenu tab for the auto-forward time. Most devs leave the autoforward time in their options menu even after they took out the auto button, but it doesn't hurt to have that slider in URM just in case.

Shadefang

Jul 16, 2018
If I understand correctly. URM says the updated has finished and you need to apply it? After applying you still have the old version and a .tmp file in the game folder?
Do you have this on a/some specific game(s) or on all games? Which platform are you on?
To directly answer your questions: It keeps the old version and a .tmp file (seems to always be listed as 1144KB, but I don't know if that's version specific). This has been happening consistently with all games for quite a long time, on windows 10 (but I'm pretty sure I remember having it happen on windows 7 as well)

I've been having this issue for as long as I've been using the mod (earliest version I can find in my history is from sept 2022.) It'll bring up the update popup, say update completed, I click the apply update button, it says reloading scripts, and 80-90% of the time it comes up with the exact same update popup I saw in the first place.
In the past I'd just kept clicking the button until it eventually worked, but while trying to get a look at the game directory while testing today it got weird. I _think_ the issue I was running into is related to clicking the "apply update" button too quickly, as almost every time that I tried to get a screenshot while updating it would just work. When I managed to break it it was by clicking the apply update button _immediately_ (it shows up without delay) and I'd get the attached image. When I actually waited a bit after it appeared before clicking it I'd occasionally get a glimpse of a .update file, and it'd go through fine.

So at this point I'm pretty sure that the issue I ran into is that I'd click the "apply update" button before the update actually finished downloading, and it'd fail and keep the old version. This was likely exacerbated because once I got used to this happening my default way of dealing with it was to just click the update button, apply the update, and tab out while waiting for it to reload (repeat until it takes) which lead to just mindlessly going fast.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
To directly answer your questions: It keeps the old version and a .tmp file (seems to always be listed as 1144KB, but I don't know if that's version specific). This has been happening consistently with all games for quite a long time, on windows 10 (but I'm pretty sure I remember having it happen on windows 7 as well)

I've been having this issue for as long as I've been using the mod (earliest version I can find in my history is from sept 2022.) It'll bring up the update popup, say update completed, I click the apply update button, it says reloading scripts, and 80-90% of the time it comes up with the exact same update popup I saw in the first place.
In the past I'd just kept clicking the button until it eventually worked, but while trying to get a look at the game directory while testing today it got weird. I _think_ the issue I was running into is related to clicking the "apply update" button too quickly, as almost every time that I tried to get a screenshot while updating it would just work. When I managed to break it it was by clicking the apply update button _immediately_ (it shows up without delay) and I'd get the attached image. When I actually waited a bit after it appeared before clicking it I'd occasionally get a glimpse of a .update file, and it'd go through fine.

So at this point I'm pretty sure that the issue I ran into is that I'd click the "apply update" button before the update actually finished downloading, and it'd fail and keep the old version. This was likely exacerbated because once I got used to this happening my default way of dealing with it was to just click the update button, apply the update, and tab out while waiting for it to reload (repeat until it takes) which lead to just mindlessly going fast.
Seems you're trying to update URM from v1.x to v2.x.
There have been a lot of improvements in the self-update feature in URM v2.0.2. So it should work fine when updating from v2.0.2 or later.

Reactions: Feyd

Shadefang

Jul 16, 2018
Seems you're trying to update URM from v1.x to v2.x.
There have been a lot of improvements in the self-update feature in URM v2.0.2. So it should work fine when updating from v2.0.2 or later.
That was the case there, as I pulled a random older game to test on, but I've been seeing the same behavior on more recent versions. Here's the same thing happening when trying to update from v2.1.3 to v2.2, causing issues when clicking too quickly. Waiting several seconds before clicking the apply update button causes the 0x52_urm.rpa.update file to properly be created, and lets the upgrade go through.

saarlewder

Apr 17, 2024
Options > Gamesaves should have a dropdown letting us choose how many gamesaves per page the game has, which to limit how many save options we have per page in the Gamesaves menu, and it should reorder all saves when we change the number, so if we go to less saves per page, it adds the ones which would be missing without the reorder. I tried using all 9 from this mod, but I found out the game only uses 6, so I had to move 6 to a new page, 3 to the next row of the same page, and 3 to the next page in the now-empty slots, to fix that.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Waiting several seconds before clicking the apply update button causes the 0x52_urm.rpa.update file to properly be created, and lets the upgrade go through.
Very interesting. This should not be possible. Are you maybe using very slow storage?

Options > Gamesaves should have a dropdown letting us choose how many gamesaves per page the game has, which to limit how many save options we have per page in the Gamesaves menu, and it should reorder all saves when we change the number, so if we go to less saves per page, it adds the ones which would be missing without the reorder. I tried using all 9 from this mod, but I found out the game only uses 6, so I had to move 6 to a new page, 3 to the next row of the same page, and 3 to the next page in the now-empty slots, to fix that.
Configurable save slot will probably be added in a future release

Reactions: saarlewder and Feyd
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes