Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
can you translate the games with this mod
Theoretically, yes. But I think I would make more sense to use Ren'Py's build-in translation system

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hey, thanks for making this mod, it is indispensable and I use it on every single Ren'Py game I play. If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion to add a DIFF feature.

Basically, you'd click a start button to take a snapshot of all variables, then come back after a scene and click an end button that takes another snapshot, runs a diff between the two and shows a before and after of every variable that has changed. Some games are pretty straightforward and linear with variable names and changes but some more involved ones are a bit more complicated, changing multiple variables you might not have considered, potentially pushing you toward or locking you onto a path you may not have wanted. It would be nice to be able to evaluate all of the changes that your choices made.
I like the idea, but have to think about an implementation. Just trying to take a snapshot of every possible variable will probably unreliable and freeze the game.
Limiting the to certain variable types could work.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This mod is great. Seems like the mod doesn't mess with game files right? I guess it should never interfere with save compatibility which is great. PDF walkthroughs are almost phased out at this point in favor of intrusive walkthrough mods that are a pain in the ass. This mod is great for figuring out how the choices will affect variables, which is pretty much all you need. Thanks.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
This mod is great. Seems like the mod doesn't mess with game files right? I guess it should never interfere with save compatibility which is great. PDF walkthroughs are almost phased out at this point in favor of intrusive walkthrough mods that are a pain in the ass. This mod is great for figuring out how the choices will affect variables, which is pretty much all you need. Thanks.
Sounds like a review :)

It indeed does not mess with any game files.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

FibR

Apr 15, 2021
Is there a way to find cheat codes with this? i have found that i can get to the screen where i can enter the cheat codes, but i can't find what the codes are

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Is there a way to find cheat codes with this? i have found that i can get to the screen where i can enter the cheat codes, but i can't find what the codes are
Depends on how the cheatcode is implemented, but probably not.
But why would you want this? URM can probably mimic the effect of the cheatcode and more.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

FibR

Apr 15, 2021
Depends on how the cheatcode is implemented, but probably not.
But why would you want this? URM can probably mimic the effect of the cheatcode and more.
i just wanted to see what the cheatcodes were for, maybe there was some hidden stuff idk.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i can't seem to make the mod work with bastardgirlr well it doesn t find any variables
works fine for me

Download.png

and if you dont find your desired value - try search the spanish term for it

energia , dinero etc

Download (1).png

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52
Jul 29, 2021
Does anyone know how to use mod to add Data_stories in Love&Sex Second Base? it seems the game use tags with girls. even i change the stat, i still cant ask girls to date, do some action or unlock locations. Therefore the relationships with girls still not increase fully. it will be a big help if someone can help me. thank u.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Does anyone know how to use mod to add Data_stories in Love&Sex Second Base? it seems the game use tags with girls. even i change the stat, i still cant ask girls to date, do some action or unlock locations. Therefore the relationships with girls still not increase fully. it will be a big help if someone can help me. thank u.
too complex for a short look , and im not really into this kind of games

maybe search for ask_date ; min love ?¿

Last edited:

ohhellyea

Jun 7, 2020
hile parsing D:\reclusive bay\ReclusiveBay-0.21.3-pc\ReclusiveBay-0.21.3-pc/game/1377569_RB_0x52_URM.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 20: invalid continuation byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 781, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "renpy/script.py", line 594, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 2944, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 240, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8", "python_strict")
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.android-x86_64/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 20: invalid continuation byte

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
hile parsing D:\reclusive bay\ReclusiveBay-0.21.3-pc\ReclusiveBay-0.21.3-pc/game/1377569_RB_0x52_URM.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 781, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "renpy/script.py", line 594, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 2944, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File "renpy/parser.py", line 240, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8", "python_strict")
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.android-x86_64/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
this application does not work an android
and the mainfile should be 0x52_URM.rpa not .rpy

if you downloaded the mod on first page - extract the .rar into \game folder
(did you just renamed the .rar into .rpy? :unsure: )

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52

AK Khan

Mar 14, 2020
Can I rename MC's name? There are many games that cannot be renamed. What can I do if I want to rename?

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes