Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can I rename MC's name? There are many games that cannot be renamed. What can I do if I want to rename?
The character renaming option in this mod will work 99.9% of the time. See for an example.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
about rename feature

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if i change this ↓ first into a name , the rename feature works

Download.png

define ME = Character("Me", color="#2A4B7C")
define MC = Character("[playername]", color="#2A4B7C")

define MCN = Character("[nickname]")

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
about rename feature

if i change this ↓ first into a name , the rename feature works

View attachment 1488060

define ME = Character("Me", color="#2A4B7C")
define MC = Character("[playername]", color="#2A4B7C")

define MCN = Character("[nickname]")
So it seem like you filled MCN.name with [nickname]. The square brackets mean that Renpy will look for a variable named nickname which doesn't seem to exist.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
So it seem like you filled MCN.name with [nickname]. The square brackets mean that Renpy will look for a variable named nickname which doesn't seem to exist.
nah - wasnt me ;)
game is "The Coven " - but no worries , its not importend

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
you can always update the game to a newer renpy version (i would suggest makeing a backup of the whole game first just in case the new engine is not compatible with the code from the old game)

this has worked well for me almost every time i have attempted it.

on a side note this also worked to repair/replace missing or sabotaged engine files that the dev messed with to try to prevent decompilation

Last edited:

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I've used 0x52_URM a lot in the past. I can't seem to get it to work with Young Again. 0x52_URM is launching as I can see it in log.txt, but ALT-M does nothing, and there is no loaded alert when playing. Am I missing something?

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
I've used 0x52_URM a lot in the past. I can't seem to get it to work with Young Again. 0x52_URM is launching as I can see it in log.txt, but ALT-M does nothing, and there is no loaded alert when playing. Am I missing something?
what game version are you using and what mod version ?

I just downloaded the compressed game ver.11 and tested it by starting a new game with both the current mod version in the OP (1.4.1) and also with the older version (1.3.2) that is included in my all in one Unren/Multi Universal mods installer on this page....

https://f95zone.to/threads/modified...-mods-in-1-file-unren-0-91-dbz-edition.87393/

Both versions applied perfectly and came up with alt m and had the standard notice popup.

Maybe an archive got corrupted during download or during copying?

Reactions: 0x52

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
what game version are you using and what mod version ?

I just downloaded the compressed game ver.11 and tested it by starting a new game with both the current mod version in the OP (1.4.1) and also with the older version (1.3.2) that is included in my all in one Unren/Multi Universal mods installer on this page....
It's the latest version (Chapter 11). On a hunch, I did go back to the original game download and reinstalled the game, and immediately added 0x52_URM. That worked. When I added it after the walkthrough mod (KoGa3) was added, 0x52_URM stopped working. So those two seem to have a conflict somewhere?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
It's the latest version (Chapter 11). On a hunch, I did go back to the original game download and reinstalled the game, and immediately added 0x52_URM. That worked. When I added it after the walkthrough mod (KoGa3) was added, 0x52_URM stopped working. So those two seem to have a conflict somewhere?
they should not - did you perhaps unren the urm.rpa?
i had this case once - but dont remember tha game :unsure:
and as great as KoGa3´s mods are - they digging deep into the files :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Divide_By_Zero

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52

got this one today at renaming (see traceback)

Screenshot_5.png

is it possible to make it working? or will this blow the size / functionality of the mod?

greetings

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I've checked and that mod overwrites all default Ren'Py screen layers, but doesn't seem to use them.
Just open te file KoGa3ModWT.rpy and remove line 16 saying define config.overlay_screens = ["keymap", "quick_menu"]

Let me know if that works

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Kew Ball Thank you very much for you review. You're saying that URM doesn't work on newer Ren'Py releases? Can you give an example? I'm not aware of any issues

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes