Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I don't know why it's not working for me.
ah yeah ,sorry my bad
you have to "unren" the .rpa at this game

here is it for you (extract to \game folder ) - i added my proofread scripts in case you dont have em and encounter errors at cafe etc
(extract em to into \game folder)

but - be aware - this game is a bug-feast since the beginning

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I don't know why it's not working for me.
ah yeah ,sorry my bad
you have to "unren" the .rpa at this game

here is it for you (extract to \game folder ) - i added my proofread scripts in case you dont have em and encounter errors at cafe etc
(extract em to into \game folder)

but - be aware - this game is a bug-feast since the beginning
I looked into this. They have modified RenPy's code that loads RPA-files, so it will not read standard RPA files anymore.
The attached file should work with Wicked Paradise.

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
yeah - they banned urm from this game , after accusing my mod(and others) to break the game ; in the end it was their coding error
there was a long and dirty posting fort and back about modders -- they lost like 40% of their patreons about this :ROFLMAO:
they wanted to protect the paywall-cheats

it started around here :
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-hard-way-v0-08-2-public-muffin-maker.74065/post-6461037
hah thats so stupid. wish I had read this before downloading the game, waste of time now.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
0x52 This mod is amazing and sheer wizardry.

If I may offer a suggestion, maybe some kind of debugging/logging function that gives you a notice for when a scene plays because of an existing variable? The mod is exceptionally good for navigating choices that offer variables, but it does nothing for when a scene plays because you have a variable set to preexisting value (e.g. scene data bracketed in if varX=true). Having that kind of functionality would be a great way to make sure you don't miss scenes.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 This mod is amazing and sheer wizardry.

If I may offer a suggestion, maybe some kind of debugging/logging function that gives you a notice for when a scene plays because of an existing variable? The mod is exceptionally good for navigating choices that offer variables, but it does nothing for when a scene plays because you have a variable set to preexisting value (e.g. scene data bracketed in if varX=true). Having that kind of functionality would be a great way to make sure you don't miss scenes.
Thank you.

Something like that has already been requested and might be added in the future.
I will update the roadmap in the OP soon, because I have a lot more ideas on my private todo list.

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
Hello
the tool is great and very helpful. I probably still have to learn a lot, but for small cheats (money, points, previews) it is perfect and relatively easy to use.

is there also an older version of this tool somewhere that also works with Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187 and earlier?

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
Thank you.

Something like that has already been requested and might be added in the future.
I will update the roadmap in the OP soon, because I have a lot more ideas on my private todo list.
Oh thanks. I missed that post and am happy to see that it's an option you're considering adding in the future.

There were a few things I missed in my first post that I remembered after, which I'm wondering if there's a way to work into future updates (and I'm not sure if they were also requested but hopefully not):

The first is that sometimes choices don't present the variable chances immediately on the choice and are affected later, and I was wondering if it was possible to create a kind of debug mode that notifies you of variable changes that happen later.

And the second thing is that I notice a lot of times scenes don't have a label on them, which makes going back to them in the scene/label section quite difficult. I'm not sure if this is just an engine issue that can't be changed, but if there's a way to be able to call back to particular (unlabeled) slides while keeping current variables, it would be pretty cool.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello
the tool is great and very helpful. I probably still have to learn a lot, but for small cheats (money, points, previews) it is perfect and relatively easy to use.

is there also an older version of this tool somewhere that also works with Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187 and earlier?
You could try these instructions:
you can always update the game to a newer renpy version (i would suggest makeing a backup of the whole game first just in case the new engine is not compatible with the code from the old game)

this has worked well for me almost every time i have attempted it.

on a side note this also worked to repair/replace missing or sabotaged engine files that the dev messed with to try to prevent decompilation

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
You could try these instructions:
Hello
many thanks for the quick and friendly help.

i got sdk 7.0 and 7.4.11 and when i have a little more time i will try my luck. i am not a software developer and it remains to be seen whether the effort is actually worthwhile. learning something new is certainly not a mistake.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
As promised, I've updated the roadmap in the OP.
This is what I've added:
  • Performance improvement with large search results
  • Show jump actions inside choices; so you can see if a choices sends you a specific label/scene
  • Option to freeze values
  • Snapshot feature; so you can snapshot variables and compare them with each other
  • Support named saves in all games
  • Detect If-statements/paths; show and take paths determined by statements/variables
  • Auto-update; option that enables URM to update itself
  • Sharing found variables/labels from within URM (online)
  • Make URM touch-aware; so it could be used in Android ports
More ideas might be added in the future.

is there a way to lock values?
It has been requested (here) before and is on the roadmap.

The first is that sometimes choices don't present the variable chances immediately on the choice and are affected later, and I was wondering if it was possible to create a kind of debug mode that notifies you of variable changes that happen later.
In the future you should be kind of able to do this using the snapshot future

And the second thing is that I notice a lot of times scenes don't have a label on them, which makes going back to them in the scene/label section quite difficult. I'm not sure if this is just an engine issue that can't be changed, but if there's a way to be able to call back to particular (unlabeled) slides while keeping current variables, it would be pretty cool.
Theoretically this is possible. I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
As promised, I've updated the roadmap in the OP.
This is what I've added:
  • Performance improvement with large search results
  • Show jump actions inside choices; so you can see if a choices sends you a specific label/scene
  • Option to freeze values
  • Snapshot feature; so you can snapshot variables and compare them with each other
  • Support named saves in all games
  • Detect If-statements/paths; show and take paths determined by statements/variables
  • Auto-update; option that enables URM to update itself
  • Sharing found variables/labels from within URM (online)
  • Make URM touch-aware; so it could be used in Android ports
0x52 don't mind me asking, when can we/I expect to see these features added. Any time sooner? Just curious though, I do not wish to push or spur the process. As I had told earlier, your mod is solution to all the problems. Only the above features are/were missing. Thank you so very much for your hard work. You brought a revolution in this domain and saved the time of many modders to mod a game. Thank you.:love::love::love:
Also, your title is very apt And deserving ...... - renpy MAGICIAN...

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 don't mind me asking, I did not understand the meaning here. Are these (above features) being implemented in the current mod (URM)? Or are you working on it and these will be added?? Sorry, for being a dumb and thank you so much. As I had told earlier, your mod is solution to all the problems. Only the above features are/were missing. Thank you so very much for your hard work. You brought a revolution in this domain and saved the time of many modders to mod a game. Thank you.:love::love::love:
Also, your title is very apt And deserving ...... - renpy MAGICIAN...
In those list are features I'm planing on adding in the future.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Belzeebub$

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
In those list are features I'm planing on adding in the future.
Thank you. When can we expect the update? Any time soon?? Again, I cannot thank you enough for this project. Thank you, thank you. If I would not have been broke I would have definitely supported you....

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes