Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

depp123

Jul 10, 2021
I have to check if I can reproduce this. Could it be that both games are running Ren'Py 7.4.11.x?
Yes, seems like it. The other game was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. The "About" section in the Main Menu suggests that is exactly the same version - "Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266". But I know I have used the mod with other games using this version multiple times with no issues. Isn't that like just the newest one?

I just tested Healslut with URM and didn't encounter any issues.
Is there something specific that you do that causes the error?
Both times it seemingly happened out of nowhere - I didn't save for quite some time and then when I tried it suddenly didn't work even though it did before. I know I used the saving feature of the mod for Healslut, because the game does not have a named saves feature. That's the only thing I did apart from changing a single value (gold) once at the very start of the game, but I doubt that would cause this error.

Unfortunately I don't remember if I used the mods saving feature with the first game as well.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
You're talking about the "code" button? This doesn't look only directly after the choice, but it tries to look ahead as far as possible. (normally this would mean it looks for code blocks until some other choice, a path or a jump is encountered)
Yes, I'm referring to the code button. I'm mentioning a variable change tracker mostly because the code button doesn't seem to show the changes. On some games it doesn't show any changes, probably because they're packaged differently than it's trying to read. It seems pretty hit or miss.

I agree that a persistent, always-on variable changer can definitely be a little much. For major/known variables the watch panel is fine. But there's always games which flip a new boolean from false to true (to indicate a story bead, for instance) thirteen slides into a branching choice, and it would be nice to be able to keep track of those when they happen.

Nov 2, 2021
I broke something in the game, it used to work

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 150, in script
    init 999 python:
  File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 171, in <module>
    x52URM.API.fetchUpdate(NullAction(), NullAction())
  File "game/0x52/framework/API.rpy", line 162, in fetchUpdate
    self.fetch('/mods/update', onUpdates, onError)
  File "game/0x52/framework/API.rpy", line 169, in fetch
    import urllib2, json, ssl
ImportError: No module named _ssl

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    init 999 python:
  File "D:\Games\DG\Babysitter-0.2.2b.-pc RU\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\DG\Babysitter-0.2.2b.-pc RU\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "c:\Python27\lib\ssl.py", line 97, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Babysitter 0.2.2b.
Fri May 20 06:37:17 2022
After reading about the error of the python module, I thought - I don’t have it at all and installed the latest version. Default path. However, this did not change the matter. Still looking for: File "c:\Python27\lib\ssl.py"

Last edited:

ajdop

Feb 11, 2019
I have to check if I can reproduce this. Could it be that both games are running Ren'Py 7.4.11.x?
Chiming in to say this issue occurs for me as well with Fresh Women 0.4 which is running renpy 7.4.11.2266

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I broke something in the game, it used to work

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    init 999 python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    init 999 python:
  File "D:\Games\DG\Babysitter-0.2.2b.-pc RU\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Games\DG\Babysitter-0.2.2b.-pc RU\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "c:\Python27\lib\ssl.py", line 97, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Babysitter 0.2.2b.
Fri May 20 06:37:17 2022
After reading about the error of the python module, I thought - I don’t have it at all and installed the latest version. Default path. However, this did not change the matter. Still looking for: File "c:\Python27\lib\ssl.py"
Look like RenPy for some reason tries loading Python from C:\Python27 instead of the included version.
But I already have a fix ready for this, it will be in the next release.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Time Killer1981

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Chiming in to say this issue occurs for me as well with Fresh Women 0.4 which is running renpy 7.4.11.2266
Do you have a way to reproduce the issue? Some steps after which it occurs?
That would be extremely helpful

SwearyMary

Dec 8, 2020
Hi. Great tool and I'm trying to get to grips with it. In Banking on Bella I changed Landlady to Auntie but in the dialog it's showing <Auntie unbound>.

Original Replacement
anita_title Auntie

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
"The roommate", when i get choice and want to see "choices detected" menu i got this error
See:
Their custom menu could have an hidden item "opt_4", which might not actually be defined.
If will prevent this from causing a crash in the next version of URM, it will show up as an hidden choice with the name "[opt_4]".

(fun fact, this crash wouldn't happen if they weren't using Ren'Py 7.4)

Reactions: xinkala

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi. Great tool and I'm trying to get to grips with it. In Banking on Bella I changed Landlady to Auntie but in the dialog it's showing <Auntie unbound>.

Original Replacement
anita_title Auntie

What am I doing wrong? Thanks
I think it would make more sense to just change the variable:
1653206546875.png

Or you can do the replacement like this:
1653206577479.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
So I encountered this error with two different games now. Both times i just could not save anymore, it threw this error every time. Doesn't matter if I try to save trough the mod or normally, I can keep playing but never save. Also all Autosave dissapear unfortunately, they are just gone after closing the game.

When you get this error, load a save from before the error and play to the same point, do you get the error again?
If so, could one of you share such a save?

Pantsuhunter

Jun 29, 2019
Installing URM is the first thing that I'm doing with the new game I'm just unpacked.
You are The Best! Thx. :)

Small Req: Would be great to be able to adjust side panel's background opacity, or at least make it fully transparent (i.e. turn off blue background leaving only text labels & buttons).

depp123

Jul 10, 2021
When you get this error, load a save from before the error and play to the same point, do you get the error again?
If so, could one of you share such a save?
I deleted everything unfortunately, because I needed space. But I know that I could load the last manual save I made (after closing the game ; I don't think I ever tried loading it before restarting if that makes any difference) which was from the same playthrough and did everything exactly the same and had no issues saving at that same point in the game or after that.
Like I said it just happened out of nowhere - always after playing without saving for quite a while. Although that could of course just be a coincidence.

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Small Req: Would be great to be able to adjust side panel's background opacity, or at least make it fully transparent (i.e. turn off blue background leaving only text labels & buttons).
I will think about adding something like this. There's "watchpanel optimizations" on my todo list

error in Gumdrop Games
It says "Incompatible Ren'Py engine version". Meaning the game is using an unsupported/old Ren'Py engine

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 1.9 is out!
The new feature here is the possibility to define global settings. The global settings are shared between games. So if you've never configured a setting for a specific game it will use the globally specified one.

Other changes:
  • Restyled tabs
  • Fix: Prevent crash when ssl module is not found
  • Fix: Prevent crash if text substitution fails for detected choices
screenshot0002.jpg

DrSpecial

Jan 15, 2019
can we use it to play multiple paths in one walkthrough and get all the points and scenes? like some modders do provide this feature for a particular games.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
can we use it to play multiple paths in one walkthrough and get all the points and scenes? like some modders do provide this feature for a particular games.
Not for all games. IMO, (or as per my experience) if there are paths then you can get all of them by just changing the paths to true, but in many games like in defending lydia collier, you have to opt for one of the routes. P.S: I am far from a coder so I may be wrong, I just shared the experience I gathered from playing with this mod. 0x52 will be the best person to know the answer to this

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes