Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.2.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

por42

Sep 2, 2020
hi im sure i did somting wrong but cant fiur out wat could sombody help

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Jarno\Desktop\por\game\Goodbye_Eternity-v0.7-pc-animated-unc\GoodbyeEternity-0.7-pc-animated-unc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 85, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main();exit_status=0
File "C:\Users\Jarno\Desktop\por\game\Goodbye_Eternity-v0.7-pc-animated-unc\GoodbyeEternity-0.7-pc-animated-unc\renpy\main.py", line 113, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script();log_clock('Loading script')
File "C:\Users\Jarno\Desktop\por\game\Goodbye_Eternity-v0.7-pc-animated-unc\GoodbyeEternity-0.7-pc-animated-unc\renpy\script.py", line 78, in load_script
renpy.display.presplash.pump_window();B.load_appropriate_file(_G,_F,dir,D,A)
File "C:\Users\Jarno\Desktop\por\game\Goodbye_Eternity-v0.7-pc-animated-unc\GoodbyeEternity-0.7-pc-animated-unc\renpy\script.py", line 196, in load_appropriate_file
if A is _A:raise Exception('Could not load from archive %s.'%(I,))
Exception: Could not load from archive 0x52/classes/API.rpyc.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Fri Jun 9 15:12:40 2023

Erevan

Sep 2, 2019
I have used this tool for a while but lately it causes issues and they are almost all something like the screenshot I'm posting below.

1686371730633.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I have used this tool for a while but lately it causes issues and they are almost all something like the screenshot I'm posting below.
I've just tested URM with "The Pleasuremancer" for which you posted a screenshot, and it seems to work perfectly fine on my end.
  • What version of URM are you using?
  • Do you have any other mods installed?
  • What are you trying to do when it crashes?
1686375711164.png 1686376758932.png

To be fair: this isn't the best game to test this with, as I get lots of crashes by the game itself without URM being installed. And looking at some recent posts on this game's thread I'm not the only one...

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
View attachment 2690214
i have a fealing i dont have all the files (is it just this ?)
i am on windows
azerty keybord
yes the zip file is around 3xxkB only

it belongs into THIS folder

Screenshot_5.png

and should look like this

Screenshot_6.png

i say it again(last time) - download the zip from HERE --> Link
extract the zip into main folder of the game --> GoodbyeEternity-0.7.1-pc-animated-unc

*if you want the file with cheat files added download here ---> Link

• Haha
Reactions: Mister Player

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i mean there are screenshots at all posts how and where ....
Wait -- you described in detail how to get it working ("extract the ZIP archive into the game's base folder" is basically all it needed to be fair)? Well, I'm an IT professional myself (aka "I know how to turn on my PC to watch pr0n" :p), so I'll just do it how I think it should work, and then create a "Doesn't work!" post afterwards :ROFLMAO:

(SCNR)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

er3z

May 14, 2022
this is very helpful, but i think there should be an option to see whether there are branches inside a branch (just to see if they exist or not, without the content), and be given the option to open the actual file containing the code at where the event at

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
i think there should be an option to see whether there are branches inside a branch (just to see if they exist or not, without the content)
But where would that stop? We cannot go look infinitely ahead.

and be given the option to open the actual file containing the code at where the event at
I assume you mean opening it in an external editor?
Ren'Py games run compiled code. Opening such a file would not make sense. It would like this: 1686766586102.png
And also... most of the times the files are inside an archive, which your external editor cannot access.
There are some cases where games contain the readable/source code and it's not inside an archive, but I don't think it makes sense to build a feature for those few cases.

er3z

May 14, 2022
But where would that stop? We cannot go look infinitely ahead.

I assume you mean opening it in an external editor?
Ren'Py games run compiled code. Opening such a file would not make sense. It would like this: View attachment 2697389
And also... most of the times the files are inside an archive, which your external editor cannot access.
There are some cases where games contain the readable/source code and it's not inside an archive, but I don't think it makes sense to build a feature for those few cases.
yeah an external editor. I'm not talking about the renpy c files, just the precompiled python-like files. i really don't know how the internals of renpy works, but i suppose you can at least access the file that is currently running and open file with the same name with a different extension. idk which editors support opening files at a certain position though

edit: i didn't see the 2nd part of your comment until after commenting this lol my bad

R.

Nov 9, 2017
Suggestion: Options to show notifications in bottom left or right. If a game has a top bar notification can obscure it and make you misclick.

Alt+M doesn't work with right alt. Would be great if alt+m could also close the URM UI.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Suggestion: Options to show notifications in bottom left or right. If a game has a top bar notification can obscure it and make you misclick.
Does this help? Not "in bottom", but at least you can switch between left/right for the watch panel and notification panel.
1687017104499.png 1687017113713.png

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes