Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.4.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 36 Votes

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
The progressbar will show the amount of content seen, it's rare for it to get at a 100%, because that would mean you have seen every possible path
OH ok, thought it'd just tell me when I'm near the finish line for the game RIP. Lol and here I thought I could avoid that shitty feeling when you don't know when your favorite game's update is coming to an end.
Would be great if this could be added btw

THX

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
OH ok, thought it'd just tell me when I'm near the finish line for the game RIP. Lol and here I thought I could avoid that shitty feeling when you don't know when your favorite game's update is coming to an end.
Would be great if this could be added btw
Unfortunately it's not possible to predict the end of a game in an universal way.

it looked like 2.1 version was better, much less info did pop-up
What kind of info are we talking about? I don't think any additional notifications/popups were added since 2.1.

• Sad
Reactions: Johan_0000 and Feyd

Kog Astarta

Oct 29, 2019
like this routes and paths info windows. Sometimes, they contain even way more unuseful info, then here. Really hard to havigate in some unfamiliar game

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
aand, here it's happened again, I was lost. Not sure, will it happened again to any new user too
Not sure what it is you're seeking.
What you're showing in those screenshots is the mod doing what it is designed to do.
Those screens show exactly what the choices do, based upon the character stats, and how they relate to the available options. While it isn't the most straightforward language, that's because it's giving the values based upon what is within the game's script. It can only display what the script has available.
With the game you're it using on, during that gym scene, if you pay attention to the options then the values will make more sense.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: harem.king

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Not sure what it is you're seeking.
What you're showing in those screenshots is the mod doing what it is designed to do.
Those screens show exactly what the choices do, based upon the character stats, and how they relate to the available options. While it isn't the most straightforward language, that's because it's giving the values based upon what is within the game's script. It can only display what the script has available.
With the game you're it using on, during that gym scene, if you pay attention to the options then the values will make more sense.

Hope that helps.
no, nothing but AI integration will do. Which will explain step by step what which option does (unskippable of course not that you click past the explanation by accident). it also should tell you what your stats are and why which if or else statement was chosen. And it should use machine learning to hide code information the player doesn't want to see automatically.

how can we stand for this, the mod is basically in shambles at this point. Im practically shaking with anger.

click the spoiler for the link to the cancle petition
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Mick

Kog Astarta

Oct 29, 2019
what is the problem?
I've just described if the message before that. They contain much more useless information compare to previous version(the both right screenshots are the previous version, 2.1.4. The left screenshots on both messages are from the new version, 2.4).
And, I'm done talking with the fanboy crowd, you guy talk too much always.

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I've just described if the message before that. They contain much more useless information compare to previous version(the both right screenshots are the previous version, 2.1.4. The left screenshots on both messages are from the new version, 2.4).
And, I'm done talking with the fanboy crowd, you guy talk too much always.
I don't think the information is useless. for example here
aand, here it's happened again, I was lost. Not sure, will it happened again to any new user too
The old info was
timer -1

the new info is
timer -1
if striking >= 5, money +1
else striking +1
if striking == 5, combo = true

this is somewhat useful information that indicates that striking stat has a cap of 5. and it won't go any further than that. and you will get your money refunded if you train past that point.

you might say it was obvious. but it wasn't. Some of the training places have randomness. for example when training occult in that game you only have a small chance of raising it. most likely you get distracted by a thirsty bitch for sex. in the low odds you are not distracted, you will most likely fail to learn anything. You need to repeat it a lot of times to succeed.

So, when training striking, how do you know if the reason it is not going up is that you cannot train it past 5, or is the reason that training past 5 requires a lot of attempts due to low chances?
well, you can fire up good ol URM and see, and wow it gives me some code snippets that make it clear that there is no chance involved, it is just a hard cap of training striking up to 5 max using the gym.

I will grant that sometimes the extra info is useless and covers multiple screens. but usually it is better to have more info than less.

Reactions: 0x52

Kog Astarta

Oct 29, 2019
it is. useless.
I'm easily gaining bunch of points for anything with an old version, to beat any game and fast.

It will keep out any new people away from this programm, hard to get in. I'd do keep out, if it would be my first run of this this program, too much text throwing on me without any reason.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
Why choices like this not showing variables by URM, game name " What Could Go Wrong"
If I understand it correctly, in that game the dev uses images for choices and being handled this way makes it impossible for URM to track and give you the variables. (Modders too).

I haven't played the latest update, but in previous updates I had to go backwards and forwards at every decision to see what changes were made, because the variables were so tricky and 1 point could change the path you were trying for.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
it is. useless.
I'm easily gaining bunch of points for anything with an old version, to beat any game and fast.

It will keep out any new people away from this programm, hard to get in. I'd do keep out, if it would be my first run of this this program, too much text throwing on me without any reason.
Most people prefer the new version, since most people want more information, not less. Not all devs code their games the same, so there may be points information visible in the new version that was NOT visible in the old version. There is nothing the old version showed that the new version doesn't.

Why choices like this not showing variables by URM, game name " What Could Go Wrong"
Look up "custom choice screens" in this thread, a few of us (including 0x52) have posted a few times about that limitation before. tl;dr: the dev replaced the normal choice screen, which makes it much harder for URM to tell what is and isn't a choice, and any fix that let URM work for custom choice screens in one game would have zero benefit or effect on any other game.

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
If I understand it correctly, in that game the dev uses images for choices and being handled this way makes it impossible for URM to track and give you the variables. (Modders too).

I haven't played the latest update, but in previous updates I had to go backwards and forwards at every decision to see what changes were made, because the variables were so tricky and 1 point could change the path you were trying for.
Look up "custom choice screens" in this thread, a few of us (including 0x52) have posted a few times about that limitation before. tl;dr: the dev replaced the normal choice screen, which makes it much harder for URM to tell what is and isn't a choice, and any fix that let URM work for custom choice screens in one game would have zero benefit or effect on any other game.
Thanks for the answer, i just founded in the scripts, it's an imagebutton type.

blake77

Jul 10, 2023
it is. useless.

Actually, provides more information that can be useful. In the example given, the variable given can only be increased to five here, and if the variable is equal to five here then the variable Combo is set to be TRUE . All this information is much more useful then simply knowing that the time is decreased by 1. At least now I know how to gain the skill Combo.

MQH

Jan 28, 2018
Hello, I am having a problem using this with love & sex second base. I am using the game through steam and I always get this message when I call out the menus of this mod.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag { u r m _ n o t l } in '{ u r m _ n o t l } M o d i f y v a l u e { / u r m _ n o t l }'.:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Unknown text tag ' u r m _ n o t l '

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "start.rpyc", line 1026, in script call
File "start.rpyc", line 1042, in script call
File "cl/labels_room.rpyc", line 82, in script
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\ast.py", line 1953, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\statements.py", line 374, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\exports\statementexports.py", line 345, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\core.py", line 2215, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\core.py", line 2879, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\core.py", line 1381, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1454, in render
surf = render(child,
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1116, in render
surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\text\text.py", line 2540, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\text\text.py", line 733, in __init__
self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\text\text.py", line 1529, in segment
raise Exception("Unknown text tag %r" % text)
Exception: Unknown text tag ' u r m _ n o t l '

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.3.2.24090902
Love & Sex : Second Base - 24.9.1b 24.9.1b
Tue Oct 8 08:13:54 2024

MQH

Jan 28, 2018
How to open the mod I have used almost all the key combinations ALT+A, ALT+S, ALT+M, ALT+C, and many more so I can't enter the mod configuration menu please help.
Should be ALT+M but if it didn't work it might be on the game side rather than the mod. However there is a workaround you may want to try first.

Find some game that works with this mod, i.e. ALT+M calls out the panel, then go to the settings and turn the global quickmenu switch on. You shall find the quick menu then in the middle of the screen in the game then.
2024-10-08 082215.png

5.00 star(s) 36 Votes