Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.4.1] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 36 Votes

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
How to open the mod I have used almost all the key combinations ALT+A, ALT+S, ALT+M, ALT+C, and many more so I can't enter the mod configuration menu please help.
Should be ALT+M but if it didn't work it might be on the game side rather than the mod. However there is a workaround you may want to try first.

Find some game that works with this mod, i.e. ALT+M calls out the panel, then go to the settings and turn the global quickmenu switch on. You shall find the quick menu then in the middle of the screen in the game then.
View attachment 4111495
You also need to make sure the "Button: URM" is set to 'Show' (I think it's 'Hide' by default).

Kog Astarta

Oct 29, 2019
Actually, provides more information that can be useful. In the example given, the variable given can only be increased to five here, and if the variable is equal to five here then the variable Combo is set to be TRUE . All this information is much more useful then simply knowing that the time is decreased by 1. At least now I know how to gain the skill Combo.
no. For me it's much more useful to know, that this is another 'empty' path. No additonal info needed.
It's ALWAYS for me only do -1 time. And for everybody else, you can bloody hack the game for money with this the same programm and.. I'm tired. Go, fanboys! Go, go! Keep writing, while nobody asked you to

why no print the whole pages of code(oh, it's actually do now), 'more info, the better' she said. And to provide no option to turn it off to old way, if you keep insist to 'propose, not critique' way

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
... after installing ...
... I no longer get the "choice" prompts ...
... alt + m still works ...

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
like this routes and paths info windows. Sometimes, they contain even way more unuseful info, then here. Really hard to havigate in some unfamiliar game
I get what you mean. It might be a little overwhelming.
I will see if I can make an option to limit the information that's being shown there.

Any solutions?, can't open URM while at "gamesaves" panel.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What game are you talking about? Also see:
Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

Hello, I am having a problem using this with love & sex second base. I am using the game through steam and I always get this message when I call out the menus of this mod.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag { u r m _ n o t l } in '{ u r m _ n o t l } M o d i f y v a l u e { / u r m _ n o t l }'.:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Unknown text tag ' u r m _ n o t l '

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "start.rpyc", line 1026, in script call
File "start.rpyc", line 1042, in script call
File "cl/labels_room.rpyc", line 82, in script
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\ast.py", line 1953, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\statements.py", line 374, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 671, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\exports\statementexports.py", line 345, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\core.py", line 2215, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\core.py", line 2879, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\core.py", line 1381, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1454, in render
surf = render(child,
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1116, in render
surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\text\text.py", line 2540, in render
virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\text\text.py", line 733, in __init__
self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
File "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Love & Sex Second Base\renpy\text\text.py", line 1529, in segment
raise Exception("Unknown text tag %r" % text)
Exception: Unknown text tag ' u r m _ n o t l '

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.3.2.24090902
Love & Sex : Second Base - 24.9.1b 24.9.1b
Tue Oct 8 08:13:54 2024
This is a known issue with that game. Will be fixed in a future version of URM, but don't expect it any time soon

... after installing ...
... I no longer get the "choice" prompts ...
... alt + m still works ...
We need more details. Are you talking about Seeds of Chaos by any chance, like some posts back?

Reactions: Feyd

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I get what you mean. It might be a little overwhelming.
I will see if I can make an option to limit the information that's being shown there.

This is a known issue with that game. Will be fixed in a future version of URM, but don't expect it any time soon

We need more details. Are you talking about Seeds of Chaos by any chance, like some posts back?
... nope ...
... talking about plenty of games ...
... maybe my ren'py fucked up, but it takes couple decisions after installation for URM to start working properly ...
... Occassionally it uninstalls itself, but I recorded this problem with only one game, but I had forgotten which one due to me playing significant amounts of games recently ...

Kyoto97

Aug 15, 2020
Ah yeah nevermind, I just fix it myself, before that it always showing that error (I got URM saves with no names, barely deleted). Yesterday it work fine, game " Summer Gone ".

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Trying to add this to Selara game, and get an error when trying to launch the game. Any recommendations how to fix?

Capture.PNG

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Reactions: Feyd and Ozygator

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
any chance for an option to either auto-open "choices detected" screen (and auto-expand "code" part) or keep it always on screen (somewhere in a corner) or add those "code" bits straight to choices (like Universal Choice Descriptor (supposedly) does (it never actually worked for me)) or anything similar to display choices' info straight away without going two menus deep every time?

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
Can i use this mod to watch scenes that I've not yet encountered in the game? Like I just started a new game and i want to watch all lewd scenes that the game has to offer till the latest update.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Any chance of an option being added to skip them?
Maybe

As well as a progress bar default location
You can drag the progress bar around and it will remember it's position :unsure:

any chance for an option to either auto-open "choices detected" screen (and auto-expand "code" part) or keep it always on screen (somewhere in a corner) or add those "code" bits straight to choices (like Universal Choice Descriptor (supposedly) does (it never actually worked for me)) or anything similar to display choices' info straight away without going two menus deep every time?
I have something for this on my todo list

Can i use this mod to watch scenes that I've not yet encountered in the game? Like I just started a new game and i want to watch all lewd scenes that the game has to offer till the latest update.
Yes. You can find scenes by searching for labels

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM update 2.4.1

Changelog:
  • Progressbar: performance improvements
  • Progressbar: auto sizing (content dependent width)
  • Progressbar: Add option to show amount of newly seen dialogue
  • Support replacing text/names with nothing (empty text)
  • Add URM version to traceback.txt in case of a game crash
  • Fix: Scale touchbutton based on game's resolution

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
URM update 2.4.1

Changelog:
  • Progressbar: performance improvements
  • Progressbar: auto sizing (content dependent width)
  • Progressbar: Add option to show amount of newly seen dialogue
  • Support replacing text/names with nothing (empty text)
  • Add URM version to traceback.txt in case of a game crash
  • Fix: Scale touchbutton based on game's resolution
With this game mod stopped working right after updating.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
With this game mod stopped working right after updating.
Could you provider some more info. See:
Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • What version of URM are you using (make sure it's the latest)?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

5.00 star(s) 36 Votes