2.80 star(s) 23 Votes

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I have no idea what goes into modding this game, but is there any way to smooth out the dialog when the game chooses to call people by their names vs their titles you assign?

As it reads it makes sense in the mod, like it reads Emma, your sister. But when its called back in dialog it doesnt read properly.

To get the dialog right the name needs to be "my sister" which just looks stupid when they are now called "My Sister" for everything.

To get the moms dialog right it needs to just be "mom"

View attachment 3738526
View attachment 3738528

Like this should really just be her name, like when I talk to my sister I dont call her Sister.

And its weird that these call for titles and not her name like the GF's shows Luna and not just Girlfriend

View attachment 3738529
Hi. I've noticed that, but that would require quite some changes to the script. Unfortunately instead of the name variable the relationship variable is used as the sayer name for sis and mom. As said, that imo can only be solved with completely reworking the script file. But such big changes maybe are braking saves, I therefore decided against it.

Also I'm not a native english speaker. Doing that myself only would end with the risk to add "engrish" into the game and make things worse.
Here an example for that probelm:
1718465172503.png

You can see the variable "troommate" (relationship for the sis) is used as sayer name, too. You would have to change all of them to the variable "roommate", where actually the sis's name (Emma) is stored.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Hi. I've noticed that, but that would require quite some changes to the script. Unfortunately instead of the name variable the relationship variable is used as the sayer name for sis and mom. As said, that imo can only be solved with completely reworking the script file. But such big changes maybe are braking saves, I therefore decided against it.
Yep, this isn't a modder's job, this is the Dev's job, GreeboGames screwed this up and needs to dig into their code and fix it.

Using the same variable for the name variable and the character variable was the first mistake and it just gets worse from there.

troommate is defined as "Roommate" and that will not change no matter what you enter because the name you enter goes into variable roommate and the relationship goes into roommaterel and sometimes she is xroommate instead, so

I'm guessing that somehow the developer thought that the initial definition
Code:
define troommate = Character("[roommaterel]", color="#9463f0")
would some how change the name when the contents of the variable rommaterel changed instead of being set once and then staying that way the rest of the script.

But just testing that a single time would have made them aware that wasn't happening.

Same problem with tlandlady, landlady, and landladyrel

How this stupidity remains in the code at 11 releases in is beyond me.

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Hmm, installed the game with the mod and there's no animations at all in any of the scenes. Good models but zero animations. Wonder why the animation tag is there.

- Nevermind, I found 3 scenes that had a short loop animation. I get why the tag is there.

Last edited:

xipodi

May 8, 2020
I haven't played past the intro but this seems to fix the name problems.
Just change this
Code:
define troommate = Character("[roommaterel]", color="#9463f0")
to this
Code:
define troommate = Character("[roommatename]", color="#9463f0")
in the /game/script.rpy file.

Reactions: B10 and Otyi

Geist

Sep 25, 2017
Here is an edited script file that should fix the names and relationships not saving or randomly switching later in the game. Also should fix consistency issues of character names and relationships while they are speaking or being spoken with/about.
Just place the file in the /game folder and replace the current file.
I shouldn't have to say you'll need to start a new game, since you'll have to start a new game to have the names/relationships you want, but... you have to start a new game.
This does not affect Replays/Galleries/Whatever so please do not expect them to be fixed as well.
If you use this script file, do not expect your saves to work correctly with the next game update. Since I changed several of the variables themselves (the dev used 'persistent.mc' for a while for the MC's name, then switches to just 'mc' which is the cause for the MC's name changing later in the game), these changes will likely make a future version of the game unhappy with your save file.

Last edited:

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
University Days! [S1-Ep8-P1] Unoffficial Android Port + KoGa3's Multi Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 300mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Rei132

Mar 8, 2020
where do i put all the extra files in the main game folder? i always get error screens for smth like "tlandlady is not defined"

ProjectPharaoh

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2019
Ok so Ep.8 has an issue, atleast for me. My character's name is set to default and the sister/roommate's name is set to roommate and I tried to change her name via cnsole, but it's not changing it.

2.80 star(s) 23 Votes