• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there any how-to use this mod correctly guide or anything?

I can't get

in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide)
or
FreeRoamGuide.
to be turned on or found in-game... there is no difference when I
get choices nor is there any in-game button to click to see any kind of event/scene guide or anything...
and while sure I could tab out to check what to do etc or not play in fullscreen...
It sucks to have to remember exactly where I am in the game when I turn it on the game
to scroll down on the page dl-ed walkthrough that I need to use a browser page for...

And yes I am pretty sure I have installed it right...

University...
-uni.exe and other files.
-game. =the folder inside... that is called game...
--sancho mod.
-otherfiles in the 'game' folder.

so yeah help please?
Don't peace meal the installation, it's simple:
1) install the VN
2) place ALL the contents (exactly as they are in the zip) inside the VN's "game" folder

That's it. Nothing fancy. The zip has the correct folder structure for being inside the "game" folder as is.

Inside your VN's "game" folder should look like this once done (there's two files and a folder that is inside the mod's zip):
1672630521147.png

Last edited:

Kingsting09

Dec 27, 2019
Hi I use your other mods and never had a problem but for this I extracted it in the "game" folder and then unpacked the rachove , followed by decompile.
(Play on joiplay).
But when the game starts it says "Sancho mod not correctly installed proceeding to exit".
Can you help with this?
Thanks.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
1) install the VN
2) place ALL the contents (exactly as they are in the zip) inside the VN's "game" folder

That's it. Nothing fancy. The zip has the correct folder structure for being inside the "game" folder as is.

Inside your VN's "game" folder should look like this once done (there's two files and a folder that is inside the mod's zip):

So in game how/where am I supposed to turn on the walkthrough or find it or so?...

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
1) install the VN

okay so i have to move from the one saying sancho mod something the sancho mod and the files to game folder rather than just move the zip file to game and unzip here.............................

gg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
okay so i have to move from the one saying sancho mod something the sancho mod and the files to game folder rather than just move the zip file to game and unzip here.............................

gg
You simply aren't using your uncompression program correctly for "extract here". "Extract to" will usually fuck you. It's usually best if you extract to a temporary folder then copy all the contents as needed until you learn your software and it's options. Otherwise your post I'm replying to's sentence is extremely hard to decipher. Don't drink and drive.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
You simply aren't using your uncompression program correctly for "extract here". "Extract to" will usually fuck you. It's usually best if you extract to a temporary folder and then copy all the contents as needed until you learn your software and it's options. Otherwise, your post I'm replying to's sentence is extremely hard to decipher. Don't drink and drive.

I usually don't extract to since that creates a specific folder that is when it comes to mods
unless the mods are specific move this to that etc...
And extract here is=current folder whatever it is in the zip file move it from up to down... into the current folder
so if I put a zip file into the game and use extract here=everything lands in the game folder.

but you had everything inside an extra folder so...

when it comes to games I usually make a folder move the zip file there and then I click extract here...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
but you had everything inside an extra folder so...
No bud... double-click the zip and look, it's the two files and the SanchoMod folder as I showed in my pic which is exactly what goes inside the "game" folder. I don't have "everything inside an extra folder".

when it comes to games I usually make a folder move the zip file there and then I click extract here...
This will work perfectly if you copy the zip inside the "game" folder and right-click, select "extract here". Yes.

dhunters

Jul 8, 2019
Sancho1969 Just a thank you message: I always use your MODs and it's clear your effort to deliver an excellent product for us, in addition to your patience (and good humor) to answer here on the forum. Maximum respect for you. Looking forward to your Shattered mod (hope you haven't abandoned it) :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Just a thank you message: I always use your MODs and it's clear your effort to deliver an excellent product for us, in addition to your patience (and good humor) to answer here on the forum. Maximum respect for you. Looking forward to your Shattered mod (hope you haven't abandoned it) :D
Thank you for the kind words and bud, I'm going to be honest... I started that Shattered with all the good intent, even creating some of the most elaborate FreeRoam code I've ever written (due to the story complexity)... but I can only tolerate working on it for so long. Let's just say that genre is NOT my thing at all and it's rough, very rough for me to slog forward on. Just being honest and transparent.

Killer Orion

Jun 30, 2020
Premise: Please forgive me for the next word you'll read cause im not used to speak in english, hope i don't give you a headache tring to understend what i wanted to say. xD
Hi Sancho1969, first of all thanks for all your hard work, i enjoy playing lots of game when there is a good mod that simplify some things.. but thats not all i wanted to say.. i wanted to know, if possible, if there is an ETA for the updated versione of the last mod or just knowing if it's not so bad playing using this one, i wanted to wait a bit but if you think it takes weeks or that doesnt need to wait to the updated versione for the "phone fix" ill try it. Thanks in advance and for your hard work!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Premise: Please forgive me for the next word you'll read cause im not used to speak in english, hope i don't give you a headache tring to understend what i wanted to say. xD
Hi Sancho1969, first of all thanks for all your hard work, i enjoy playing lots of game when there is a good mod that simplify some things.. but thats not all i wanted to say.. i wanted to know, if possible, if there is an ETA for the updated versione of the last mod or just knowing if it's not so bad playing using this one, i wanted to wait a bit but if you think it takes weeks or that doesnt need to wait to the updated versione for the "phone fix" ill try it. Thanks in advance and for your hard work!
Good afternoon sir.

If you are talking about mobile compatibility: I do not have a timeline for it, apologies. When I can get caught up it's still on the agenda.

If you are talking about the in-game phone fix regarding the phone versus the MiniStat automatic hide/show, I got sidetracked resolving a few issues with the Being a DIK mod, so I'll likely work on it this weekend.

If you are talking about something else entirely try again to explain to me please.

Regards.

Killer Orion

Jun 30, 2020
If you are talking about the in-game phone fix regarding the phone versus the MiniStat automatic hide/show, I got sidetracked resolving a few issues with the Being a DIK mod, so I'll likely work on it this weekend.
Good evening to you and thanks for your kindle reply :)
I was talking about the in-game phone fix like quoted. Sorry for my bad explanation from before.. seen and considered that doesnt need lots of time for this fix ill happily wait your update. Thanks again for your amazing work, i wish you the best and have a good evening.

P.S. Is it only me or our message seems like old mail? Ahahahaha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening to you and thanks for your kindle reply :)
I was talking about the in-game phone fix like quoted. Sorry for my bad explanation from before.. seen and considered that doesnt need lots of time for this fix ill happily wait your update. Thanks again for your amazing work, i wish you the best and have a good evening.

P.S. Is it only me or our message seems like old mail? Ahahahaha
Hopefully this will translate for you:

Normally an issue like this shouldn't require any time at all to fix, I hide/show the MiniStat all the time in my mods (during lewd scenes, during an in-game phone, etc), but the developer's code for "messages" has made it such that it can't be automated like I had it. Each message, every single one of them, is a separate coded screen so I have to place code in every message in the game. Now, this isn't a huge deal to do one time, but I could easily forget or miss a few messages in the future which is the problem. The issue is in both Chat and PVU messages. I might make the MiniStat stay on all the time in all messages since it's not in the way anyhow... this will make it simpler to code and a non-issue going forward.

In the meantime you can always exit the message via the phone's "back" button and the MiniStat will reappear as it's supposed to.

"Message seems like old mail"... indeed, but it's a forum after all.

Reactions: Killer Orion

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mentions: omgwtf234 Killer Orion

Your reported issue of the MiniStat versus the Phone fight has been won. I'm folding in some additional latest Core code inside the mod as well but the issue will be solved in the pending Maintenance Update which I hope to get out this evening (it's currently 20:46 hours here now). Now later than tomorrow morning if I get on a roll and add more features. Just wanted to give y'all a heads-up.

I've created code, as previously described, in every single chat screen. I hope like hell I don't forget to do this in future messages. If it becomes an issue I'll revert both the Chat and PVU messages to have the MiniStat ON during those screens to null the issue permanently regardless of how many messages the dev tosses us. That's our Plan B... not as slick but a functional alternative.

I'll create a new post with the mentions to flag you when the update is ready and uploaded. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A quick FYI: I'm doing my best to insure SanchoCheats don't fuck up your saves in the future but I keep getting contradictions in my pure playthrough speed runs versus the dev's notes on max relp points. I made a post in the VN's thread here if you'd like to follow. I really hate putting out cheats that might be going beyond the boundary of Episode/Update/Chapter expectations of the code... that's how all these other non-pro "modders" fuck you... they don't consider all the possible ramifications of adjusting things willy-nilly. I take it seriously and whether I'm right or wrong in this current offset correlation between my math and the dev's is irrelevant... as long as the correct info is obtained to insure I code what is non-destructive for your use (I don't mind being wrong, I just want the mod to be right).

Until then you'll find limitations on how far you can adjust relp points within SanchoCheats. I must insure the integrity of your saves as much as I possibly can. I'll keep y'all posted.

Edit: Added the damn hyperlink to the post above which I forgot to paste.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm ready to push this maintenance update but would rather give it time for a dev response regarding relp points. It's an important matter and if we can reach an eye-to-eye now it's better for you folks... I feel responsible to insure your save files are of the utmost integrity so it's prudent to wait just a bit for some confirmation. I hope that's understandable, I'm only looking out for you (I can always save myself).

Killer Orion

Jun 30, 2020
I'm ready to push this maintenance update but would rather give it time for a dev response regarding relp points. It's an important matter and if we can reach an eye-to-eye now it's better for you folks... I feel responsible to insure your save files are of the utmost integrity so it's prudent to wait just a bit for some confirmation. I hope that's understandable, I'm only looking out for you (I can always save myself).
Thanks a lot for the heads up about the phone fix, i'm currently playing the game with the old mod and it work perfect, i don't have a particular discomfort about the chat/message about the PVU so it's working just fine for me.
About the possibility of "fucked up save files" i think, and im pretty sure a lot of people here, that it's not your fault if some or all the save files may be impossible to use, like in the game when you try to use "Cheat mod" or "Split cheat route" is perfect explained that using such option may cause problems in late game, if that were to happen it's only our fault. As mentioned before, i appreciate your hard work that you put in your mod just for us to enjoy our time, it's really commendable what you do and your professionalism about your working ethic. Regards and have a good day :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks a lot for the heads up about the phone fix, i'm currently playing the game with the old mod and it work perfect, i don't have a particular discomfort about the chat/message about the PVU so it's working just fine for me.
About the possibility of "fucked up save files" i think, and im pretty sure a lot of people here, that it's not your fault if some or all the save files may be impossible to use, like in the game when you try to use "Cheat mod" or "Split cheat route" is perfect explained that using such option may cause problems in late game, if that were to happen it's only our fault. As mentioned before, i appreciate your hard work that you put in your mod just for us to enjoy our time, it's really commendable what you do and your professionalism about your working ethic. Regards and have a good day :)
Good afternoon. For what it's worth, to date, no SanchoSplit or use of SanchoCheats has ever borked anyone's save in any VN I publish a mod publicly. That's a strong track record I reckon. I put the disclaimer due to the fact that I can't tell the future, but I'm certain I'd be able to sort out any issues should they ever arise. Just know and have the comfort that what's included in the mod itself is thoroughly tested and solid... you should not have any save issues ever. Bugs during play can and will happen, but the integrity of the save files has always been 100% compliant. Bottom line: I've got your back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Guess I need to log some of these new features I'm adding for the maintenance update (yeah, I'm late getting it out to y'all, please hang tight). Of course I fixed the Chat/PVU messages in relation to the MiniStat auto-hide/show issue, but I've been slowly porting in the latest SanchoMod Core code as well. One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above have populate associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Make sense? Hopefully I described it fully and coherently. You might have to read it twice so it all sinks in. Anyway, here's a teaser of the new HoverMode in SanchoOptions as I prep for the release upload:
1673128503320.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (non-critical)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - MiniStat not repopulating after viewing Chat or PVU messages.
  • Resolved - Stat screen not populating alt-character name changes in Misc Relps and EventChoices.
  • New feature - Added HoverMode to the QuickMenu options. See mod FAQ for details.
  • There's more but I swear I can't recall right now as I'm DL'ing yet another VN I have to update.
Go get you some. Enjoy and regards as always.

Mentions: omgwtf234

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes