firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
Great renders, story is ok (reminds of BAD) but the language makes my eyes bleed. Judging by some very specific idioms the author is obviously a Russian. I wouldn’t mind English-only version if author was good with his English which he is clearly and sadly not. Why not provide original Russian text? Or did I miss the check box?

Nov 23, 2020
The direction of the Vlad subplot feels really ass-backwards.

To get the call from Vlad you have to find the right connections while researching on the computer. This sends you on a mission to dig up more information.

Problem is if you aren't on Kim's path you can't get the information anyway because she kicks you out. Meaning to get the information you have to ignore Ashley and Sara's paths. Vlads progress being tied to ignoring Sara and Ashley makes it a bad subplot.

( makes it a bad subplot as it is currently )

You don't have to ignore Ashley and Sara path with getting Kim's information. Right now, my character is with almost everyone (I think im missing the painter chick), anyways I think I dodge the second encounter by just taking the car out for a spin and getting the sara path without harming relations with Kim. The recent addition with Kim is she isn't pissed and is just recalling the first encounter where you fuck her at the club and led to the scene where you eat her out while promising that next time, you two will go all out. So yeah, when Vlad takes you to his car, only take it for a spin. Do not go anywhere else or you will get that choice of choosing between Kim and Sara. Pls help with getting the painter chick scenes.

Last edited:

bananabrown

Oct 18, 2019
You don't have to ignore Ashley and Sara path with getting Kim's information. Right now, my character is with almost everyone (I think im missing the painter chick), anyways I think I dodge the second encounter by just taking the car out for a spin and getting the sara path without harming relations with Kim. The recent addition with Kim is she isn't pissed and is just recalling the first encounter where you fuck her at the club and led to the scene where you eat her out while promising that next time, you two will go all out. So yeah, the only one im having trouble with is getting the painter chick scenes.
Oh that's some nice info, thanks.

As for Nikki, I haven't had any problem accessing all her content. I think it's just a combination of things, like knowing about art and talking to her while Rachel waits in the car? It might not even be that complicated. You have to sacrifice the shopping event with Rachel, but that doesn't stop you accessing the rest of Rachels content. It just comes down to what you want more, shopping trip now? or nude modelling in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: FalconLover420

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
Great renders, story is ok (reminds of BAD) but the language makes my eyes bleed. Judging by some very specific idioms the author is obviously a Russian. I wouldn’t mind English-only version if author was good with his English which he is clearly and sadly not. Why not provide original Russian text? Or did I miss the check box?
The game desperately needs an English proof reader. Some of the plot is just totally ridiculous due to the writing. I couldn't get past it.

I don't speak Russian, so that wouldn't be of much help to me.

Both University of Problems and A Mother's Love would be vastly improved by a proper translation from someone with a bit more understanding of the English language. It is a shame when otherwise decent games are brought down by the comically bad translations.

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
You're sure about the Russian thing or do you think "Slavic" and say "Russian"?

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
You're sure about the Russian thing or do you think "Slavic" and say "Russian"?
Well, I just stumbled upon this game, didn’t read the whole thread and I just assumed it is common knowledge author is Russian (since it is obvious from reading all those literally translated Russian idioms). Let’s pick one of my early saves.
001.jpg
“Lord… all are good as a selection” – very weird for English ear, easily recognizable Google translation of Russian idiom «все хороши как на подбор» - very common since Pushkin. To be honest I spent some time picking appropriate translation and the best I came up with is “each of them is as beautiful as another one” or something. And is very clumsy one. The way to translate idiom is to pick corresponding idiom which is hell of a task.
002.jpg
While “talking in riddles” («говоришь загадками») is grammatically correct phrase it is not nearly as common in English, as it is in Russian.

003.jpg

“In life, anything can happen” – yet another example of literal Google translation of Russian idiom («Всякое в жизни случается (бывает)»).

I don’t know where am I in terms of progression, I just chased away that douche husband of Carol’s. But so far I encountered dozens of literal translations of Russian idioms and I wonder why not to present Russian original. I have my guesses though=)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
People are complaining about the English in this game, let's take a step back and compair it to other games. The english is better than 99% of the other games as for as grammer goes.
You're a "bit" generous, but it's in the better half for sure

reddex8

Oct 11, 2020
Hey guys been playing this game for a while I have a bug where it says I can text sara but it doesn't give me the option to choose a text or respond does any1 also have this bug and if so whats the fix

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
Well, I just stumbled upon this game, didn’t read the whole thread and I just assumed it is common knowledge author is Russian (since it is obvious from reading all those literally translated Russian idioms). Let’s pick one of my early saves.
View attachment 1429747
“Lord… all are good as a selection” – very weird for English ear, easily recognizable Google translation of Russian idiom «все хороши как на подбор» - very common since Pushkin. To be honest I spent some time picking appropriate translation and the best I came up with is “each of them is as beautiful as another one” or something. And is very clumsy one. The way to translate idiom is to pick corresponding idiom which is hell of a task.
View attachment 1429755
While “talking in riddles” («говоришь загадками») is grammatically correct phrase it is not nearly as common in English, as it is in Russian.

View attachment 1429757

“In life, anything can happen” – yet another example of literal Google translation of Russian idiom («Всякое в жизни случается (бывает)»).

I don’t know where am I in terms of progression, I just chased away that douche husband of Carol’s. But so far I encountered dozens of literal translations of Russian idioms and I wonder why not to present Russian original. I have my guesses though=)
Well the two latter ones can be found in Polish so I'm assuming they might work in Ukrainian and Belarussian too. But you're right, it's pretty probable that the author is Russian. I didn't notice the first one but it's quite interesting. I agree that it's a horrible translation but I disagree that you have to choose a corresponding idiom in the target language since not always there is one. Sometimes translators translate by sense in one place and then compensate several sentences later by putting some other idiom where in the source text there was none. I would go with ”Each more gorgeous than the next” and call it a day.

Reactions: firevoodoo

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
Well the two latter ones can be found in Polish so I'm assuming they might work in Ukrainian and Belarussian too. But you're right, it's pretty probable that the author is Russian. I didn't notice the first one but it's quite interesting. I agree that it's a horrible translation but I disagree that you have to choose a corresponding idiom in the target language since not always there is one. Sometimes translators translate by sense in one place and then compensate several sentences later by putting some other idiom where in the source text there was none. I would go with ”Each more gorgeous than the next” and call it a day.
I’m not sure about Polish, but I respectfully disagree on Ukrainian or Belarusian guess. 1) I happen to know both and neither phrases endemic to them 2) Lets be real both are dead languages and predominantly used for governmental purposes. Creators in both countries overwhelmingly use Russian.

I would not call translation horrible per se. It’s fine …most of the time. Google made great progress as translation tool, let’s give them that. I’m just curious as to why not to provide Russian “translation” which is obviously original source. I assumed (as newbie to this thread) It was discussed earlier and I was fishing for an answer.

I like your translation more as well=)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I’m just curious as to why not to provide Russian “translation” which is obviously original source.
A lot of devs write directly in english and don't bother with their native language, it adds a bit more work (translating in renpy) for not much gain. The audience is international anyways

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
I’m not sure about Polish, but I respectfully disagree on Ukrainian or Belarusian guess. 1) I happen to know both and neither phrases endemic to them 2) Lets be real both are dead languages and predominantly used for governmental purposes. Creators in both countries overwhelmingly use Russian.
Welp, using Russian does not equal being Russian. ;) Anyway, thanks for the insight about those two languages because my knowledge about eastern Slavic languages is pretty mediocre.

I would not call translation horrible per se.
I only meant that one sentence. I find the rest quite reasonable.

It’s fine …most of the time. Google made great progress as translation tool, let’s give them that. I’m just curious as to why not to provide Russian “translation” which is obviously original source. I assumed (as newbie to this thread) It was discussed earlier and I was fishing for an answer.

Actually there are translation tools that are much better than Google Translate. The best one out there is DeepL, I believe. I just threw those three phrases at it and got:

все хороши как на подбор - all good as can be / all are as good as can be
говоришь загадками - you speak in riddles
Всякое в жизни случается - All kinds of things happen in life

Apart from the need of present continuous in the second one, I'd say these are really good. If devs used that instead of GT the games would benefit tremendously.

Hey, thanks!

Reactions: firevoodoo

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
People are complaining about the English in this game, let's take a step back and compair it to other games. The english is better than 99% of the other games as for as grammer goes.
If you want to compare it to the worst ones, then sure. I would also note that you have misspelled several words in your post. You might not be the best judge in this instance.

There are many points in this game where I literally am not sure what was intended by the dialog. Is it as bad as "A Mother's Love" where there are countless sentences that actually say the opposite of what was intended, maybe not. But it is pretty bad.

I want to like this game, but the translation is really bad. It would be a better game with a better translation.

4.30 star(s) 198 Votes