VN Ren'Py Abandoned Unknown Prodigy [v0.3.2] [LoQual]

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
OOOOOO. K.

It is quite alright, to me. Offering that as criticism, is quite fine. But, maybe tone it down a bit?

I think it was plenty obvious that the Dev doesn't share the same school background as you and it is writing in a language that is not it's mother one. Also, they are using expressions that make sense in their culture. The fact that it is translated should be obvious.

Maybe try to get to know how other cultures address each other, instead of trying to insult them for not being accustomed to the way you are used to? They are using English, yes, for YOUR convenience. Start there and try to understand, instead of insulting.

Peace :(
i understand why he seeing this annoying because even for me and im not engilsh speaker its also very annoying but not insulting ,i know in many countries wich different culture the use of mannerism and the use of non grammatical content like in this case mamm follow by the name is only for purpose of gives respect ,about age ,gender or also when there is a proffesion courtesy but from there to not know about western culture and try to use those mannerism or gramm diffferences translate to the most universal known language is a little naive or disrecpectful because at the end of the day the dev should do his homework and use at least a proofreader to hit on to a much more massive audience and not only those who want a qick fap ,for me is a turn off the use of those grammatical differences, but to each to his own

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
No, it's utterly stupid, it doesn't make sense because no one would ever address someone as "Ma'am [first name]".

That isn't how English works.
It's the same as when you see writers of a particular language background writing "Mr [first name]". People who speak English don't do that.

It's ALWAYS 'Mr [surname]'.

So, in the case of a teacher whose full name is 'Jane Doe', you would address her as 'Miss Doe' [if she is unmarried] or 'Mrs Doe' if she is married.
You might also just call her "Miss", without using her name at all.
Now following that same line of reasoning, you'd not use 'Ma'am [name]', it just isn't how it's said. You would just say "Ma'am".

Also, teachers would never refer to each other in that way.

View attachment 2392138

The above just looks stupid the way it's being written.

This, while still a bit odd, is much better.

View attachment 2392139

Also, unrelated but the dev needs to just stop putting in "continue" buttons, it's annoying and pointless.
Maybe the dev is not a native english , I understand , I work in a call center before but I'm not a native speaker so I often addressed the clients incorrectly by doing the same thing , I learned something from you

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
many stories/games are not very grammatically correct - that isn't the reason to get upset, if you feel strongly about that offer the Dev some insight or volunteer to correct the English, we all would benefit from that

Reactions: gibbonraver

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The samples, banner and summary made me come. And it was a pleasant surprise.

The worldbuilding is great.
The characters are few and different.
The plot is common but interesting.
The artistical side is well made.

I had a great time playing this game but, after seeing the images in the folders, I realized that chosing the options leading to slow burn relationships was showing many inconsistencies :
if you don't kiss back Jessica, you lose not only the following scene (which is logical) but also what happens with her on the second day (while the second sex scene isn't an obligation, a visit to her apartment could totally take place and maybe lead to the supposed sex scene if we play our card well), so we don't even know she has a sister at this point, making the last scene strange (the mc didn't met her yet but says 1679690602876.png ...);
it also makes her break up with Tyron less logical this early in the game if she doesn't start another relationship with us (the discussion before the kiss isn't enough to induce it);
The same with Annie : if you don't enter the strip club, the conversation with Natasha in the car is awkward, you're not invited to the infirmary either (though she could continue her seduction from when we accompagnied Gabe after PE) but she still touches our dick in the car when Celine and Natasha leave us alone because we are naughty (though she shouldn't know it).

Outside those quirks, it was nice, though the start was a little confusing (I thought we were Gabe for a few seconds). The characters are interesting, even the bad guys. The flow of events, though everything is happening too quickly, is well thought and seems natural. The models are attractive, even the male ones. The sex scenes are well made. The choices have an impact, though I would have loved if the slow burn path was meaningful too. The music was also well chosen.

The lowercase a's on the main menu are too similar to "o". The lowercase m's are difficult to read even once you get used to it.
There are some stains on the forehead of some characters sometimes.

The english is correct most of the time, though some oddities are left. The "Ma'am" wasn't annoying but rather childish (and it was more strange for Natasha to refer to Celine with it).

Good continuation.

Last edited:
Reactions: hentai charley

Rohse

Jan 4, 2018
And another one gets abandoned.
Nothing from the dev on Patreon since december either, so this might just be it. Shame.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
same - but i guess that's a general issue with new developers/games.
They all start promising (having a dev dreaming of big fast money), but as soon as they learn that no one will spent any cent on bloody new releases, they quit.
Few years ago, devs made games just for their fun and because of their passion. Over time they got supporters and some of them even can do this for a living.
Unfortunately new devs mostly don't have that passion, they only have the greed for the big money they see at other devs.

Not saying that this happened here 100%, but i still see this a general issue.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Well, as expected. The dev didnt do his research before making the game. The dude didnt even know what ntr was for fucks sake, or how controversial it was. At the end he just went with the overused stuff: school, camwhores, lesbians. I mean, I played this game a little while ago and cant remember anything special about it just that I didnt like the surprise lesbian couple and the camwhore stuff. so mostly negative

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
Damn. The bustard seems to have abandoned it.

I should have realized that an amazing once in a lifetime experience like this was too good to be true.

xXwankerXx

Jul 21, 2017
Maybe try to get to know how other cultures address each other, instead of trying to insult them for not being accustomed to the way you are used to? They are using English, yes, for YOUR convenience.
Start there and try to understand, instead of insulting.
I fail to see how just using 2 simple words like Miss and Mrs instead of all that "madam this, madam that" is offensive to anyone, since NOBODY makes fun of other countries, races and peoples' customs, traditions or languages,:WaitWhat: but NO, he doesn't do this for anyone's comfort other than his own to attract more supporters. Sadly for him, communication, dedication and professionalism are the most important things in this business, things that he obviously lacks (at least one or two of them), so abandoning the game was bound to happen.

It's obvious that the language barrier is an issue here, but there are a lot of users willing to help him, like Saint Blackmoor recently helped Living with a MILF's dev. Devs who want or need help just have to ask, but no, it's easier to say fuck it, and abandon the game instead of showing your fans and patrons that you care.

There's nothing we can do about this than respect the dev's decision or hope he'll reconsider it, so, until he shows us he didn't lose his interest in the project, any further debating is pointless. I'm just as disappointed as most of you bois are.:cautious:

Reactions: rKnight

Morgan Henry

Aug 19, 2023
Tough life being a freeloader when the "charitable" source dries up on those of you happy to take, over and over, again the fruits of someone else's talent, dedication and intensive labor (because it truly is) without giving anything in return. Serves the freeloaders amongst us f'ing right.

• Haha
Reactions: StreetRat and XV71
3.80 star(s) 12 Votes