4.20 star(s) 125 Votes

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Played from the beginning again. Was not too long. Sex was disappointing. Good models and renders. Lets hope the next update happens sooner than later.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A Patron posted as follows:

I'm confused as to why this update took so long. There's not much new content at all. Yeah, you fixed some bugs (which is good), but for an update that's been in the works since October, there's a shockingly little amount of new content.

I understand you went through some difficult times and I apologize you had to go through that, but for an update that's taken 8 months to be released, it's a little underwhelming to have such little additional content.

CarbonBlue posted the following:

For development of 0.5v2 I experienced:
-I took some time off for Cyberpunk 2077, which is something I warned everyone about months in advance.
-My new video card had significant problems with Daz3D that prevented me from doing animations or batch rendering. I had to re-write the content in order to compensate. No one at Daz3D could figure out what exactly the problem was but it was eventually fixed after a couple of Nvidia driver updates.
-Due to Covid my mother has come to live with me permanently and I became her caretaker. I struggled to balance development time with the new responsibilities.
-My dog's death, of course. I hope people read this part carefully, though:

I think most of us have dealt with the pain of losing a loved animal. I had a special bond with this dog (I'm generally a hermit, so the dog was literally my only friend), but I'm sure many of us have had similar relationships with our pets. For most of us who experience such losses, we mourn and get back to work.

The difference comes in the type of work we do. It's difficult to explain, especially without sounding like a pretentious idiot, but it proved exceptionally difficult to write funny, whimsical, romantic, and seductive dialogue while I was dealing with my best friend slowly dying before me.

I also take exception to the notion that this was "shockingly" little content in this update. This actually turned out to be one of the bigger updates. I hit some significant beats in the story that I wanted to hit, and I think people can likely see my skill in rendering, lighting, and animation growing. On top of that there are secrets that go into making each update that people haven't found.

So all this is just a fancy way of saying that the creative process - for me - takes time. Is it too much time? Yes, I agree that it's too much time, and I think people will see the next update comes much faster, since I've already put significant work into it.

But in the end, I'm producing a product. And people can see for themselves. Here's what I've produced. Here's the time I've produced it in. It's up to each person to decide whether or not that is worth their support. If I'm producing too little content over too much time and people choose not to support me because of that, I understand.

If people want to see a high quality, highly creative and original VN with some really hot and crazy girls, then I also understand if they'd like to support me! :)

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
746906_1594907423138.png
Unleashed [v0.6b2] Walkthrough Mod
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: - - ANDROID by cebs - ANDROID by Ghost''

As always, if you like the game, please show your support for the Dev,
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .

Last edited:

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
The update is good!
Beautiful renderings. Funny dialogues.

Just keep up the good work, (but please faster ;) ) ...

if people didn't like your work, they wouldn't be upset that it takes so long until the next update, or that it offers little content.

I'll keep at it, even if it takes years. :D

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Played from the beginning again. Was not too long. Sex was disappointing. Good models and renders. Lets hope the next update happens sooner than later.
What sex? There is only one sex scene which is done in complete darkness you can not see a thing. Game is a huge blueball simulator. And by the rate of the updates and story progression we will not see any scene with any main girl until 2 years at the least.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
you've probably been asked this .... and i'm sorry if it bothers you me bringing it up ... so about the dog .. was he yours and did he pass away ? .... if this bothers you too much i'm sorry and you don't have to answer this and please forgive me ... :)

P.S. i'll get Shannon eventually ... :love:

Last edited:

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
A Patron posted as follows:

I'm confused as to why this update took so long. There's not much new content at all. Yeah, you fixed some bugs (which is good), but for an update that's been in the works since October, there's a shockingly little amount of new content.

I understand you went through some difficult times and I apologize you had to go through that, but for an update that's taken 8 months to be released, it's a little underwhelming to have such little additional content.

CarbonBlue posted the following:

For development of 0.5v2 I experienced:
-I took some time off for Cyberpunk 2077, which is something I warned everyone about months in advance.
-My new video card had significant problems with Daz3D that prevented me from doing animations or batch rendering. I had to re-write the content in order to compensate. No one at Daz3D could figure out what exactly the problem was but it was eventually fixed after a couple of Nvidia driver updates.
-Due to Covid my mother has come to live with me permanently and I became her caretaker. I struggled to balance development time with the new responsibilities.
-My dog's death, of course. I hope people read this part carefully, though:

I think most of us have dealt with the pain of losing a loved animal. I had a special bond with this dog (I'm generally a hermit, so the dog was literally my only friend), but I'm sure many of us have had similar relationships with our pets. For most of us who experience such losses, we mourn and get back to work.

The difference comes in the type of work we do. It's difficult to explain, especially without sounding like a pretentious idiot, but it proved exceptionally difficult to write funny, whimsical, romantic, and seductive dialogue while I was dealing with my best friend slowly dying before me.

I also take exception to the notion that this was "shockingly" little content in this update. This actually turned out to be one of the bigger updates. I hit some significant beats in the story that I wanted to hit, and I think people can likely see my skill in rendering, lighting, and animation growing. On top of that there are secrets that go into making each update that people haven't found.

So all this is just a fancy way of saying that the creative process - for me - takes time. Is it too much time? Yes, I agree that it's too much time, and I think people will see the next update comes much faster, since I've already put significant work into it.

But in the end, I'm producing a product. And people can see for themselves. Here's what I've produced. Here's the time I've produced it in. It's up to each person to decide whether or not that is worth their support. If I'm producing too little content over too much time and people choose not to support me because of that, I understand.

If people want to see a high quality, highly creative and original VN with some really hot and crazy girls, then I also understand if they'd like to support me! :)
I'm not a Patron so I can only respond to this here.
Covid fucked us all up in all imaginable and unimaginable ways, and most of us are dealing with it.
I had a best friend for 15 years - a dalmatian dog, he died a year ago. He was slowly withering away for months and there was little I could do about it except be there for him.
It was hard and painful but I kept working to keep myself from jumping into the emotional abyss of losing my best friend.

We all have different ways of coping with grief, loss, and pain and I can understand that.
As a fellow creative, I can understand very well that, sometimes, creativity takes time... of course, if you're invested in it and not playing Cyberpunk instead.
But, in the end, it's your project and your life, and your decision how are you going to go about it.
I am not judging anything here, just saying - if you want more support you need to earn it.

RolandG.

Jul 26, 2020
you've probably been asked this .... and i'm sorry if it bothers you me bringing it up ... so about the dog .. was he yours and did he pass away ? .... if this bothers you too much i'm sorry and you don't have to answer this and please forgive me ... :)

His dog died some time ago, and anyone who has built up a relationship with such a creature knows how bad such a loss is.

I think Dev has given his dog a nice memory in his game here.
I wish I had had the ability to do something like that for my dog when he died....

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I'm not a Patron so I can only respond to this here.
Covid fucked us all up in all imaginable and unimaginable ways, and most of us are dealing with it.
I had a best friend for 15 years - a dalmatian dog, he died a year ago. He was slowly withering away for months and there was little I could do about it except be there for him.
It was hard and painful but I kept working to keep myself from jumping into the emotional abyss of losing my best friend.

We all have different ways of coping with grief, loss, and pain and I can understand that.
As a fellow creative, I can understand very well that, sometimes, creativity takes time... of course, if you're invested in it and not playing Cyberpunk instead.
But, in the end, it's your project and your life, and your decision how are you going to go about it.
I am not judging anything here, just saying - if you want more support you need to earn it.
Personally, if I was a Patron I wouldn't care if he played Cyberpunk or whatever else he wanted to deal with the loss of dog, covid, world famine, aliens attacking or whatever else might result in a late and shitty update. The real question would be why Patreon was open in the first place during all that? Unless it wasn't but the Patron's post implies it was.

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
Returning home with Maeve after going for a run, we can look at Shannon's ass as she walks up the stairs and the image gets distorted, this has been a bug since the game first released =(

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I mean let's be real, this update could have taken 2-3 months to make? So that's essentially half a year of doing nothing and getting paid for it. But to be fair, if people were giving me money for nothing, why would I do something?
Right... Thing is that if Patrons are ok with barely 5 minutes of content over 9 months (don't know why they would be but stranger things have happened) then why should I really complain about it...

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
The real question would be why Patreon was open in the first place during all that? Unless it wasn't but the Patron's post implies it was.
It was.

"Why do people still contribute?" I guess it would be an "It's a marathon not a sprint" mindset. If anyone feels slighted they can always unsubscribe for a few months until they feel things have balanced off.

Reactions: MaliciousMeerkat

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Thing is, it's still more content out during that time than, say, Milfy City. While CB's doing less money than Icstor.
Absurd ? Probably, yeah. But that's the economic model of Patreon. If a supporter doesn't like it NO ONE forces them to continue putting their money in a project.

The thing that really start to upset me, though, is when freeloading people such a most of those posting here start to judge people who do want to be a patreon. You don't like how long it takes, we get it. In the end, like I said before today, you still take an awful amount of time to come here and bitc... Complain about it. But you have no call on it. Zero. In the end, CB puts his game for free out there. You don't get to complain if you're not subscribed. You don't get to be upset on behalf of patreons. You don't get to criticize them, either.

The level of entitlement of some, and the lack of respect they have toward a PERSON (especially during those times of struggle) while most are comfortably sitting behind a chair doing NOTHING is astonishing.

I'll kindly remind you that CB is working full time, taking care of his mother, dealing with the loss of his dog on top of creating a game. I wonder just how many of yall have a clue what that takes. I do have a fairly good idea though.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
It was.

"Why do people still contribute?" I guess it would be an "It's a marathon not a sprint" mindset. If anyone feels slighted they can always unsubscribe for a few months until they feel things have balanced off.
The real reason is the same reason that Gyms have memberships: People are lazy. If you have one person who is on top of things you will have 5 or 10 that don't care to check on their patreon subscriptions for long, long stretches at a time.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks, I liked the update. And since I read the script for my mod I had some extra funny moments doing that...
Since I'm a (small) patron of this game, a few responses to the complainers here:

- Was the update short?
Compared to the previous one not, but of course to other games it was

- Did the update take too long?
Yes, unfortunately way to long

-Will I quit my (little) Patron because of this?
Definitely not! And who doesn't understand that, is pretty sure not a Patron of the game. And probably wouldn't really become one - even the dev had delivered in time.

I'm following the game quite some time now, and the long waiting between the releases isn't really new. But yes, this one was a bit over the top, hopefully the next update is faster. But also: if it needs the time, so be it.

About the loss: I hope that with time it will be easier for him. And it was really a touching moment for me at the end of the game.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Right... Thing is that if Patrons are ok with barely 5 minutes of content over 9 months (don't know why they would be but stranger things have happened) then why should I really complain about it...
Well... the update wasn't short compared to previous ones. But I was still disappointet because of how little content there actually was. I think he could have done with less than three renders of Maeve raising a coffee cup to her face... That render-time maybe could have been used for something else.
But I read his statement regarding what happened during those 8 Months, and I believe him. Simple as that. In that situation, I wouldn't have been able to write great stuff either. Right now, I'm just waiting to see two things: If he charges this month (since he claimed to not charge, if the update wouldn't be out by last week) and if the next update will also take that long for so little.

Reactions: MaliciousMeerkat
4.20 star(s) 125 Votes