• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Unleashed [v0.6b2] [CarbonBlue]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Bruce F. Lee

Just finished playing through this (v5.2) and instantly subscribed to the highest tier on Patreon. By far the best written and visualized VN I've played so far.

(1) There are *actual* characters in the story. If Carbon Blue isn't a professional writer, they could be. Differentiated characterization is something few VN writers appear able to do consistently. And Carbon Blue's characters act and talk in age appropriate ways.

(2) It has *actual* artistry. I don't mean fancy renders. I mean the way they are thought out. There is a scene with lightening that is pure brilliance and emotional for me -- it's depth is worthy of a literary analysis. Try the game out at least until you get through this scene and I think you'll be hooked.

(3) It successfully balances actual humor and eroticism. Hard to do at all; hard to do this well.

(4) The story is still early, but there are enough clues to think this will take an epic turn at some point soon. Can't wait to see how the storyline develops.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Hammaren

The dialogue is alive. Not there to waste your time with useless predictable banter. Characters have --- character. There is real sense of mystery here and clever subversion of common tropes of this genre.

I don't really mind the lack of consequences (making huge branching storyline is a trap) if the content quality does not worsen. We don't really need another huge branching storyline snoozefest with sub par dialogue and uninspired characters/plots.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2910840

This has probably become my top VN now, even if there is not a great deal of content.

The dev is clearly talented as the renders, characters and dialogue are great. One example that comes to mind is the scene where Angel visits the MC in bed during a storm...the poster illuminated in the dark...the lightning flashes as they make love...very creative.

Characters are great! Shannon is a complete mental case! but her dialogue is so funny...it makes her cuter. Angel, my fave, is hot and has embraced the sexy goth look. She comes across slutty buf is really just an insecure girl damaged by fucktard parents.
    Maeve...is hard to understand I find, distant at times...warm other times...she is deep that's for sure.
    The mom is just a sexually frustrated milf looking to jump our MC's bones while warning him off other females...oh please.

This VN has so much potential! I hope the dev recovers well, he is very talented. I can't wait for the next update.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

An_Able

Despite the pace being kind of... eclectic, I absolutely adore everything about this game, especially the characters and the humour. Fuck me sideways, this is one of the funniest VN I've ever read, and that's a tall bar for me.

Of course, it also helps that the girls are all incredibly beautiful in their own unique ways and that the "cinematography" (if that makes sense) is also really good.

In conclusion, I'd give it 6 starts if I could, please more.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

This one is a gem. Loved this game mostly because of Shannon. Such a lovable character. Loved her cuteness and fun personality. Loved her pranks. Also I liked Shannon's sister and other girl looked like Harley Quinn, forgot their names because played the last update a month ago. But I didn't liked Shannon's mom because of her personality but she treats MC goodly. Felt sad when Harley Quinn girl cried. If you are looking for lewd contents this game disappoints you. But I'm completely ok with that. Dev concentrate more on story part, lewd part can wait. Give us more of shnanon content.

if you slow burn romance, fun, nice story games this one is probably for you

edit 11 mar 2024 : minus one star cause of slow development progress. I'm good thay why only deducting one star.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

TBH I feel like it's a bit too early to rate this(v0.5v2) cuz plot wise much hasn't been covered yet still since I finished it might as well give 1.

Story-Pretty entertaining actually as there is never a dull moment with this crazy & dysfunctional family of females

Characters - The horny MILF mom who has her eyes on MCs cock, her even more crazier daughters & 1 is definitely a sociopath. The only sane anchor is Angel(just like her name) though she does have her wild moments. Models are pretty & animations do get better in updates.

Sex-Nothing much (probably 3 a bj, fingering & a humping scene where u get cockblocked within 3 seconds) but story & the batshit crazy cast alone makes up for it

Overall I did have a fun ride & yes it has huge potential so definitely keep an eye on this 1
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Lord Soth

Dunno how I missed this one up to now but had to give it a try.
    Is it good? Fuck Yeah!! Excellent renders - the girls look HOT in this.
    Story is pretty cool so far even if it's a bit basic. The humor is so on point, the dialogue is just crazy but funny as hell..Shannon is a complete nutter!

Did I mention how hot the girls are? yeeeeah... Angel is hands down my type...love her sexy goth/harley quinn look and her body is just sexy as fuck. Angel can also be sweet at times and her obvious conflict with entering a relationship with MC makes her even more enticing. Olivia, the Mom, is hot as hell and a real Cougar that outshines her daughters, she's desperate for MC's attention. Maeve, the oldest daughter is a mystery but also damn sexy, very intriguing. Shannon the youngest daughter, I just find her annoying. She's just too deranged for my taste. Least attractive as well.

Overall, this is seriously great stuff! funny and sexy as hell. Can't wait for more.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

icesherbet

something is wrong. there are a lot of missing scripts and errors occur in the beginning of the gameplay. i hope this doesn't continue in the next update.
    other than that, i like the game. the girls are kind of cool. i like mama the most though very hot and she must be very skillful lol
  9. 5.00 star(s)

pougie

Amazing game in every way possible. The artwork is superb, the characters are entirely believeable and very well fleshed out and the dialouge and events have an absolute knife edge sen se of humour. Pure genius!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

MrFriendly

Pros: Well done renders, a great sense of humor, not a typical game with generic characters. A smoking hot redhead with a feisty and dark sense of humor.

Cons: Small amount of content so far, choices don't seem to matter (yet), Shannon is so hot my marriage would be in trouble if she was real :ROFLMAO: .

It is still early stages for this game and it is not a large game at this moment, however CB has been pretty good at communicating even when what he has communicated wasn't what we wanted to hear. To me the game will be well worth the wait if people can be patient.

Needs more Shannon...All games need more redheads, she is how you write and render a proper ginger. ;)
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Rintal

This game is a slideshow in the worst sense of the word. For example, the dev decided for some reason that it was very important to make a dozen pictures of the MC returning home. They just replace each other and nothing happens. MC himself cosplays the robot. Even Terminator was more talkative. The plot is ragged and boring. And in general, it is not clear what the main idea is. As always, everyone fell in love with MC as soon as he showed up at the door. So, no intrigue.
    The dialogues are humorous and not badly written. The picture quality is average. These are the only pluses.
    And yes, in version 0.5, literally two or three sex scenes. No more sex content.
    Enjoy.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Nightwayne

[V0.5v2 Update]

So warning, this update doesn't have a lot of sexual content. But just because it doesn't have sex, doesn't mean its a bad game, it just means its still being worked on. That also doesn't take away the potential it has.

The premise is not very original, but the game is pretty self-aware it isn't. The models are nice and the personality of the characters are pretty funny. If you look at the funny easter eggs in the game, you can definitely tell the dev cares. If you can't laugh at yourself or laugh, you're probably a robo- I mean this probably isn't for you.

One of the criticisms of the game I've read is that there aren't any consequences, and I would argue there are, you're just too much of an as- I mean you just don't notice social cues. By you choosing all the girls, you will probably make them go through grief, I mean Angel deletes that picture for a reason. Just because a girl doesn't yell at you when you do something wrong (being a yes man) doesn't make it right. I'm pretty sure at some point it will close some of them off as it gets closer to an end. Sure a harem route fixes all, but as of this update, it doesn't seem like there will be a full harem route, and that probably means that they will have an issue if you sleep with their mom/best friend.

The other argument is every girl is interested in the MC and he's boring. Ideally, the game would introduce you to many girls who don't care about you, like in your real life, but they don't seem to have a lot of staff/low amount of pledgers to have a large staff so it makes sense they don't want to make it more time consuming for irrelevant characters.

I do think the game has low content, but it doesn't have a completed tag, so I mean I get it, but I think it'll make you smile at least. I personally liked it a lot, it just ended a lot quicker than I had wanted it to. If you need a lot of content, try waiting like 2 more years because it still needs time to shine.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = cute game but it lacks content and progress. Its just a teaser.

Story: 3/5
    - You are a freshmen at college and you are going to live at the house with a family of females. Yeah, it's very original storyline (sarcasm).
    + Only good thing about this game is the redhead (Shannon). Her character is really funny and hot. Sometimes she will make you laugh.
    - Rest of characters are just bland cliché filler. (bored single mother, slutty female friend, etc.). Author clearly dedicated majority of his enthusiasm to make Shannon really cool, but he doesnt pay much attention to rest of characters. Even Main Character feel empty (he only goes with the flow, you wont even hear any oppinion whatsoever).

Art: 3/5
    + Girls look pretty hot.
    - Unfortunately game doesnt have much content. After 2 years of development there is ONLY 1 short sex scene!! That sex scene is very short because you get interrupted by different character. At this point game is only a teaser.

Gameplay: 3/5
    - This is Visual Novel, but choices dont affect much. Its mostly flavour text, but that flavour text might make you laugh in case of Shannon (its worth reading all of her conversations). So far there are only 2 choices that might matter later but who knows...
    - Also game is quite short.
    + On the bright side the english is decent.

To sum it up:
    This game is not worth playing at this point. Its short and its sex content is almost nonexistant.
    Also author has very slow speed of development (wait 8 months for an update with 5minutes of gameplay). You should come back later to check this game (like 3 years later).
  14. 3.00 star(s)

zeroidk

Not really feeling this one. Surprisingly short for a 2019 initial release and lacks a ton of structure with scenes feeling really rushed through at all times. Afternoon->plans->night->uber->club->roofied->dancing->uber->bed in a span of about 1-2 minutes pretty much set the pacing for everything afterwards. The game is super disjointed and severely lacks dialogue so it doesn't work all that well imo. The characters can be interesting and humorous at times, but they're mostly just crazy and erratic for the sake of being that way. It's like dealing with toddlers holding knives. There's just nothing really going on here other than some dude that moved for school while some girls want to 100% jump his bones at all times. The guy hardly ever even has a single thought going on in his head. It actually reminded me of WVM in some regards, as the MC is just a slab of meat yet everyone around him acts like he's some magnificent godly being.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

Loved it. The reason: Shannon is so cute (as are her interactions with Angel),her dialogues (well, monologues mostly) are well written and funny. Other LIs are less interesting / rather bland.

Story is... well not much of a story so far, but on the plus side nothing annoying so far. Gameplay... There is none.

On the minus side:
    MC looks stupid
    MC doesn't do or say much
    Choices seem to have no consequences whatsoever
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

maver!ck

This game have potential to be one of the best out there. having HOT girls of course is an understatement. Nice graphics. Story line is a little bit mediocre as far as the latest version is concerned (v0.5v1) but I am expecting it to pick up later on in the coming updates. I am hoping for a harem path (who wouldn't be when you have those hot women?) otherwise, I would still be fine with choosing one of them though I don't think that would be an easy choice. The only downside that I see here is that the MC barely talks! That makes him like a creep or something. Other than that, it's all good. Waiting for the next update.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

scooterb852

Having jumped into this genre late I have been playing catchup a lot. There are a lot of options out there but Unleashed was indeed a "wow moment" compared to all the others. CarbonBlue's talent is evident in his story, characters, and renders. All it took was a simple smile from Shannon and you can't help but be hooked. While it may seem "short", you'll get the feels, humor, and desire to want more when you are done. This train ride is going to be great!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

Before starting the review, I knew that I made all the game choices and replayed it twice. (Version 0.5v1)

This game was in fact a positive surprise, its differential is the dialogues, which are more direct than most other novels, another relevant thing to say is the personality of each character, each one is peculiar and outside the standards in his own way and I I really liked that, a point that can be bad is that most moral choices are illusory, that is, it does not cause relevant changes in the course of history and only 2 or 3 do it, because the game is straightforward, each chapter is well short, but this is not exactly a problem because they are well made ... If the choices had more impact on the story this would be an excellent game instead of just a good one.

Below is my grade for each category, where 10 is the highest grade:

Graphics:
    10;
    History: 10;
    Plot: 10;
    Character development: 10;
    Game features: 8; (here comes the part of the moral choices mentioned)

Verdict: It is worth playing.

(Sorry for any connotation errors, English is not my native language)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

duningtwo

good game for smart guys. satirises tropes, breaks the fourth wall, has fun, and flies over the heads of mindless stump pumpers whilst satisfying as a traditional fuckbook experience. 5/5 visuals, writing, and concept.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Lj625

[As of v0.5v1]

The Good:
    - Girls looks good, Angel's and Shannon's hairstyle need fixing tho
    - Dialogues are Funny
    - Interesting background story on Angel

The Bad:
    - Animation need some work
    - MC hairstyle is quite awful, as if he almost at his 50s.
    - Lack of lewd scenes - only 2 wtf!?
    - So far I am not sure what the main story is about
    - MC need to talk more

Conclusion:
    It's a for fun game. Already v0.5 and I still have no idea what the main plot is.
    Dialogues are fun tho. Need more Lewd Scenes.
    3.5/5