Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
NAME BUG FIX - 9/05/2020

Line 347:
Code:
menu:
    "Yes":
        $ change_name = True
        $ m = renpy.input("What is her name?", "Meave", None, None, 10).strip()

"No":
        default m = Character("Maeve",color="#f542ef")
Changes: I have changed the menu items of line 347 for the character Meave and replaced the menu items with a copy of another character's name change menu. So far it looks like I there are no problems and we are able to change the character's name. I had also fixed a problem where the other character's names are redefined again back to their original names. I have made these as comments in my script.rpy but have left the character Zita untouched as we have not encountered her yet.

Please download the attached script.rpy below or you can change it yourself by going into /games/script.rpy and make the changes listed.

Please also note, in the developer notes he has said that he would lie to us, , so in the event that this name change was intentional, please ignore this comment unless you want to change the name of the characters and continue to keep the names changed.

Thank you,
CidR
This seems like a really long and involved way to say "Hey the part where we attempt to change Maeve's name and we get an error followed by her telling us how important names are is pretty funny"

• Haha
Reactions: CidR
Nov 18, 2018
The inability to change the names is absolutely intentional. You're free to do whatever you want with the code, but you're not fixing anything, you're breaking one of the basic tenets of the game.

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
The inability to change the names is absolutely intentional. You're free to do whatever you want with the code, but you're not fixing anything, you're breaking one of the basic tenets of the game.
Oh?

Well, good thing I added that little not below.

Anyways thanks, let met just deleted that post then.

Nov 18, 2018
CB has a very strange sense of humor. He's deliberately vague on the so-called "bugs". But given the amount of work he put into the code ... especially the "error" screens and several other weirdnesses that are very specifically coded, we're all a little puzzled by exactly what is supposed to be going on. Remember, there are messages in the static.

renddread

Jul 23, 2019
Is the message the father tells about connected to the binary code that appears during the static screen or something else?

renddread

Jul 23, 2019
Don't know if this falls under the spoiler section but if you look on the upper side of first static screen you will see a few code that pass from left to right. And the second during the conversation with the father if you choose the no one yet choice.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes