saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
The new date system and UI could have easily been added to old game, so that is not an endorsement either. :p
If Waifston had just changed the UI, added DDS, added pubic hair on Elena, changed the penis model to the current (more realistic) model and improved the animations of the old version, he would have created a masterpiece.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
Honestly the game has pretty much ruined every character for me. I genuinely can't find any of them as charming as the original. Least of all the MC. The only thing he has going for him is that - as a midget - he can somehow roundhouse kick someone in the face. That's it, that's the only miracle he's capable of. He doesn't have an amazing dick, he doesn't have mind control powers, he isn't rich, he isn't a genuinely nice guy with the charisma to match... what's the hook for me to keep playing him? He's no longer the only guy on the island for that advantage to work either! There's nothing believable about this and despite me mentioning mind control powers at least it can suspend my disbelief. There's nothing I can use here to do that.

Plus you made him a simp in episodes of things that would have people go full no contact over. Elena being the most horrifying example. She ruins your life. Then she cries. Never mind she claims to be a family friend and thinks of you as a son. She cries and you forgive the crocodile. Never mind the anguish you felt over the fact your entire future is ruined. Sophia is whatever, she has no emotional ties to you at all. She can be a monster and you can tell her to fuck off forever. Elena, though? She's supposedly family and she pulls this. I don't even know what her motivation actually was other than that you wanted to make her the biggest bitch imaginable.

I don't even know if I have any suggestion to fix the characters. I mean, the only one I have is maybe for Elena in that she fears you leaving because of her own abandonment issues. She wants you to stay on the island and in a moment of a panic attack did the worst action she could to keep you. She's too prideful to admit it, etc, so you get the bullshit. Thing is, though, you gotta hint at that. You gotta let the player figure that out and even use that to his advantage.

Either way, though, they aren't the characters I loved. You decided to go for generic serious tones instead of just having fun with it. The outlandish shit in the original - I admittedly didn't like that MC much either, but he grew on me - was fun. It was silly, it got my dick hard, it didn't try to drag me into a pit of depression. You created what was a selfish young adult, but a young adult still. His motivations were believable. Now you got some jackass that thinks he's trophy husband material when he's lucky he can even reach someone's face with his foot. He is not David Spade, even David Spade is taller than him... and much more charming and knows how to dress.

All of this may sound harsh... but honestly it's the same kick in the groin I felt playing the Premium Edition. Equal reaction, my man.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
At this point I just want waifston to make a decision and stick to it. I like both versions so it's not really a huge issue for me, people now will complain anyway no matter what version he decides to keep working on.

Reactions: ironl00

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I guess you're right we will have to agree to disagree. I think the characters are more interesting now, in Alice's case we didn't really know much about her, the mc talks vaguely about her past, but in this game we learn a lot more about her. The mc in the other version didn't have much of a personality, he was just some dude that wanted to get laid. I know people think he is a beta now but at least he feels more like a human being, at least for me. Sophia from what we know from the other game, she didn't really change much, we knew she was a bitch before she was a nun so there isn't any change there. The main complaint with Elena in this version seems to be that she didn't vote for the mc when she knew that he didn't deserve the recommendation and even the mc admits that he didn't deserve it.
See also the post of Daddums, he say it rougher as I do since I actually like the dev ( he is hard working, communicative and does care about his game), we just do not agree on the new characters and that they are in any way an improvement or that the tone of the game has improved. Waifston will keep players like you with the premium version and likely will win new ones.

Just as he will lose a lot of the first day players like me that liked the game for its tone and are not that interested in the game now, with a MC who is an asshole (not a beta), just like everyone else in game until now including his family are assholes (if with deeper character and motivation) that I can not care about instead of the basically good people they were before, who were not perfect but tried to make each other happier in the end instead of actively and knowingly miserable.

Edit: Like others also said this already started with the guilt tripping, making the incest be a bad thing and the relations MC had instead of good and regressing of characters after introduction of Alice and X-mas special. Unfortunately for me the dev took the wrong answer from what was said. then and decided to make the game much more serious instead as keep the light and loving tone we loved until then and that I played the game for. :p Incest and sex is bad is a thing that is seriously overdone in incest games and harem games , especially if the tone of the game is lighter. That is one reason why I love a game like midlife crisis, they may know it is not the norm or pc, but they go all in at least. If go for the fetishes than also revel in them and do not go pc oh it is so bad how could I. :p

Last edited:

ravendarklock

Jun 30, 2019
Waifston;
If you can't make up your mind about which to do, then do one, then the other! I think it would be cool to see the story in both versions, and the sex in both. You were doing fine before, and NO ONE owns this but you.
If you don't enjoy what you are doing, then you ain't doing it right.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I guess you're right we will have to agree to disagree. I think the characters are more interesting now, in Alice's case we didn't really know much about her, the mc talks vaguely about her past, but in this game we learn a lot more about her. The mc in the other version didn't have much of a personality, he was just some dude that wanted to get laid. I know people think he is a beta now but at least he feels more like a human being, at least for me. Sophia from what we know from the other game, she didn't really change much, we knew she was a bitch before she was a nun so there isn't any change there. The main complaint with Elena in this version seems to be that she didn't vote for the mc when she knew that he didn't deserve the recommendation and even the mc admits that he didn't deserve it.
Alice's backstory could've been implemented into the old version just as well, without turning her into some tragic dramatic Cinderella with a gambling addiction that gets constantly bullied and acts as a walking contradiction. People doesn't think he's a beta, they know, and being a beta isn't the generic norm that makes him more humanlike, being an average guy that he was previously is. Sofia was a bitch, to an extent, not this malicious and outright hateful, that side of her was massively amped up. The main complaint with Elena is the pure hipocrisy she emits right now. She knew perfectly well why the attendance of the MC was so low, it wasn't because he didn't gave a fuck, but because he was bullied on a daily level by someone who already caused a trauma for him. Despite that, and how she claims to want to protect him, well, she failed on it spectacularly, then thrown him under the bus. The MC in this version would even admit that Alice is rightfully being treated the way she is by her family, if a situations needs it and it's more rewarding, because that's the direction the writing took up now. If by more interesting, you mean they are dime a dozen, that I can agree with.

saynotoNTR

Mar 17, 2021
Alice's backstory could've been implemented into the old version just as well, without turning her into some tragic dramatic Cinderella with a gambling addiction that gets constantly bullied and acts as a walking contradiction. People doesn't think he's a beta, they know, and being a beta isn't the generic norm that makes him more humanlike, being an average guy that he was previously is. Sofia was a bitch, to an extent, not this malicious and outright hateful, that side of her was massively amped up. The main complaint with Elena is the pure hipocrisy she emits right now. She knew perfectly well why the attendance of the MC was so low, it wasn't because he didn't gave a fuck, but because he was bullied on a daily level by someone who already caused a trauma for him. Despite that, and how she claims to want to protect him, well, she failed on it spectacularly, then thrown him under the bus. The MC in this version would even admit that Alice is rightfully being treated the way she is by her family, if a situations needs it and it's more rewarding, because that's the direction the writing took up now. If by more interesting, you mean they are dime a dozen, that I can agree with.
If we can avoid contacting Sofia and Elena, it would be a good start. But we know that Waifston is going to force a romance with Sophia in the same way that he forced a peace between the protagonist and Elena.

Jul 1, 2018
Hey, sorry if this was asked but my cursory reading might be worthless;
Is the premium edition v0.2 a direct replacement of the regular edition v0.4.2 AND it also has a new more characters/event/backstory?
Or is this a completely different games that has 0 of the scenes/events from the regular edition??

SilentSevenStar

Feb 16, 2019
This thread has been viewed by over 1 million people, but for 160 (currently) and 500 patreons are you going to do a full remake?

SilentSevenStar

Feb 16, 2019
Hey, sorry if this was asked but my cursory reading might be worthless;
Is the premium edition v0.2 a direct replacement of the regular edition v0.4.2 AND it also has a new more characters/event/backstory?
Or is this a completely different games that has 0 of the scenes/events from the regular edition??
Is starting from scratch:cautious:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is starting from scratch:cautious:
With the same models but completely different characters and no it definitely does not have those extent of scenes yet. It is basically a whole new game with a few of the old models used and names, likely it would have been better if the dev had left the old game as was and started a complete new game, with new models and names and place.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
I think I preferred the original characters and the MC being less of a simp.
Still I enjoy the graphical upgrade though, so depending how it plays out this may be one of those "extract images/animations" and forget about the story kind of deal for me. Sorry dev.

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
I think if this was the original version people would have liked it, but because we were so far into the story in the other version people are reacting negatively to the remake. I loved the original version and we were about to get to the good stuff with my favorite character (Alice), but I personally think this version is better. The dating system is better and your actions in the game now will actually have consequences.
Honestly if this is an entirely brand new standalone game with different characters (he could’ve changed the hair colours/style to make the characters looks different or something & gave them different names) that has absolutely nothing to do with the original version, then the drama wouldn’t be this bad cuz you can’t really compare the characters between the 2 versions anymore since they’re 2 different games. Although the plot settings & the game mechanics (that nightmare of a clicking mini game) will still cause some complaints here & there, but the characters won’t be as much considering they’re different characters now.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
It's another remake... in an industry of remakes where we've recently seen some VNs gone through a season's worth of remakes. Think about that.
I feel we're reaching a peak in the xzibit meme.

2.60 star(s) 120 Votes