CarolusRex

Jul 10, 2018
More and more bugs. Lost all stats for Sister Sara.
Trying to get back on track by meeting her at the beach, we wnd up in the church and then....

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer rs is not a function or string.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: perturbedspoon

Blitqz

Sep 28, 2017
just downloaded this for the 1st time. Can't even get past the intro. As soon as it finishes panning through the ladies, it goes into error mode, ignore it a couple of times and reverts to starter screen.

did the suggested main_menu, then main_menu.webm. Both didn't work. Then I retried main_menu, still got the file not found error, but it jumped to the actual game. Saved immediatedly so I didn't have to go back to that again...

Last edited:

youpeng

Mar 3, 2022
just downloaded this for the 1st time. Can't even get past the intro. As soon as it finishes panning through the ladies, it goes into error mode, ignore it a couple of times and reverts to starter screen.

did the suggested main_menu, then main_menu.webm. Both didn't work. Then I retried main_menu, still got the file not found error, but it jumped to the actual game. Saved immediatedly so I didn't have to go back to that again...
You need the both two files in the Gui folder ,default_main_menu.MP4 and main_menu.webm,not just change one the another.

Sinner30700

Aug 28, 2018
Just started this game
I mean i played before the remake
but what's up with these bugs i am getting? my game just closes with a traceback note
Any help guys please

WADofMEAT

Mar 21, 2020
It's hilarious all these people complaining about the same bug. Yet it's been said many times since page 298 how to fix the said bug by renaming a file.
Yet no one does it?

• Angry
Reactions: IXL

SvD87

Oct 26, 2020
Hi can someone help me. The romance with bianca stop at 50 points. What is the next step or is biancas romance bugy? Elena and Melissa start Event but not Bianca?

Last edited:

Histeria

Apr 15, 2018
It's hilarious all these people complaining about the same bug. Yet it's been said many times since page 298 how to fix the said bug by renaming a file.
Yet no one does it?
I still got the errormessage, even though I thought I did it correctly. Can you dumb it down for me? I know, dumbing down how to rename a file but ffs :cry:

Nakayuki

Jun 2, 2022
I get the push constant push for content that the devs get for supporter retention and attracting new ones, but damn, I think the content should at least be accessible, the game is barely playable with so many crashes and bugs

CarolusRex

Jul 10, 2018
Yet no one does it?
Renaming the file does not fix the issue with Sara, nor does it fix the crash when you go to the newcomers house, or all the other issues. What it does, is that you get a different video when you press start in the beginning of the game, and it allows you to enter cheat codes.

The issue with the newcomers and the beach has been around for many updates. Can't understand why the dev. does not fix this.

WADofMEAT

Mar 21, 2020
Renaming the file does not fix the issue with Sara, nor does it fix the crash when you go to the newcomers house, or all the other issues. What it does, is that you get a different video when you press start in the beginning of the game, and it allows you to enter cheat codes.

The issue with the newcomers and the beach has been around for many updates. Can't understand why the dev. does not fix this.
Ive never had a problem with beach or the 2 women, maybe might have something to do with what windows version your using?

CarolusRex

Jul 10, 2018
Ive never had a problem with beach or the 2 women, maybe might have something to do with what windows version your using?
Has nothing to do with the Windows version. This is the bug I am talking about. Has been around for some time.

The only problem, is that from the 3 "help tourists" task, one triggers a bug the moment I click on them. It's the 2 girls talking when you go to the right side of the beach.:

"ScriptError: could not find label 'beach_noon_event_type_1_chara_4'."

And another bug when i try to click on "Newcomers House":

ScriptError: could not find label 'scarohar_first_quest'.

There was a fix for this, but I can't find that thread

WADofMEAT

Mar 21, 2020
Has nothing to do with the Windows version. This is the bug I am talking about. Has been around for some time.

The only problem, is that from the 3 "help tourists" task, one triggers a bug the moment I click on them. It's the 2 girls talking when you go to the right side of the beach.:

Im just saying I don't get this error, I use linux. That's why i said maybe certian windows.

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020

Here's the beach fix just found out on page 273 ( Post 5443 something like that ) ( All Credit goes to PDS72 )

I hope it fixes the issues ^^

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Here's the beach fix just found out on page 273 ( Post 5443 something like that ) ( All Credit goes to PDS72 )

I hope it fixes the issues ^^
I have to say, just to clarify, I think there might be some confusion / assumptions. (for those fixes that are asked to place inside the game folder). There are some questions from me if everyone else is clear, im not lol

Unless I am mistaken, the game folder when originally extracted doesnt have the "beach" folder for example stated, people would have to use renpy or RPA extractor to get those RPA archives to show the folder names and the scripts ect.

Original >

1680100155634.png

To This > After running unren:
1680099994279.png

So my question is, How are people applying those fixes to said folders? Are they being told to re-archive the files again so the game gets the updated script?

I would of thought, the game when run, if you have extracted the archives, will still point to those rpa archive files, not the extracted folder ones which would contain the applied updated script files, which may be why people are not able to fix it directly themselves?

So unless its a script that goes into the renpy folder, I am not sure how the new scripts can be run ?

Regardless, for me, I have applied the 3 core fixes shared, and dont fix the issue stated here below:

IE I have applied the fix for :

1, Beach.zip
2, FIX91.zip
3, Copied and Named the MP4 file from default_main_menu.MP4 to main_menu.webm

Maybe I am missing something, which is quite likely?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Also, just to add, people need to quote the post ID not the page no, as people can have different forum page setups, for example im on 151 here, but some people are on page 300 for example.

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
I have to say, just to clarify, I think there might be some confusion / assumptions. (for those fixes that are asked to place inside the game folder). There are some questions from me if everyone else is clear, im not lol

Unless I am mistaken, the game folder when originally extracted doesnt have the "beach" folder for example stated, people would have to use renpy or RPA extractor to get those RPA archives to show the folder names and the scripts ect.

Original >

View attachment 2504047

To This > After running unren:
View attachment 2504043

So my question is, How are people applying those fixes to said folders? Are they being told to re-archive the files again so the game gets the updated script?

I would of thought, the game when run, if you have extracted the archives, will still point to those rpa archive files, not the extracted folder ones which would contain the applied updated script files, which may be why people are not able to fix it directly themselves?

So unless its a script that goes into the renpy folder, I am not sure how the new scripts can be run ?

Regardless, for me, I have applied the 3 core fixes shared, and dont fix the issue stated here below:

IE I have applied the fix for :

1, Beach.zip
2, FIX91.zip
3, Copied and Named the MP4 file from default_main_menu.MP4 to main_menu.webm

Maybe I am missing something, which is quite likely?

:ROFLMAO: I was in the same boat as you since I didnt know what to do and in fact there wasnt any folder for "events" ( I thought beach quest would be in that ) or "beach" so I got confused then started surfing on this thread then found out the fix since I was stuck on that beach error.

My point is you dont have to extract it using unren or whatever that is. The fix is simple as far as I know for beach fix, just put the files in game folder and you are done

and I dont know about scarohar first quest since I havent encountered that issue yet and havent reached that far yet just started playing from this noon onwards so cant say for sure but can you at least put the fix ( files ) here so I dont have to look up for it and thanks in advance

As for the MP4 file I believe you encountered the error when first opening was playing after prologue ( in fact I encountered the error that time ) here's what you wanna do is

Go to GUI folder--Copy the default main menu mp4 and rename it to main_menu.webm-- ( If you cant see the file name extension just click on view tab on ribbons and put a check on file name extensions ) and you are done.

2.70 star(s) 119 Votes