Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Pagol1

Oct 5, 2018
Where is this "UnRen Tools" folder? I only have the file "unren.bat" here. sorry i am a bit layman on the subject
Shoot, I thought this was the same as the mac/linux version, my bad. You could try changing versions and/or a fresh install but I'm afraid that's all I can help you with.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
Shoot, I thought this was the same as the mac/linux version, my bad. You could try changing versions and/or a fresh install but I'm afraid that's all I can help you with.
I don't know if it helps with the solution, but it only happens with the game "Wicked Paradise" all other games work normally.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Can anyone help me with this error? unren is unable to extract rpyc files.
I don't know if it helps with the solution, but it only happens with the game "Wicked Paradise" all other games work normally.
This post by fattrapper describes the same ImportError: No module named decompiler

In that case the problem was the dev had packaged the game with a cut-down version of the Ren'Py libraries.

Try copying the lib and renpy folders from another Ren'Py game across.

Last edited:

JumPin

May 14, 2020
This post by fattrapper describes the same ImportError: No module named decompiler

In that case the problem was the dev had packaged the game with a cut-down version of the Ren'Py libraries.

Try copying the lib and renpy folders from another Ren'Py game across.
I managed to extract the files, but there were some errors in the process.
And I realized that the extracted files are missing text.

unren2.png

Last edited:

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
i hope that anyone can help me.I try to create the rpy file for the game Wicked Paradise but i don´t become the complete rpy files.I attach a file how it´s look like.You will see it on the end.There start a menu but then ends the script file.In the log file from the game is written that he use Ren'Py 7.4.0.957.Has anyone a idea how i can create the complete rpy files?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I try to create the rpy file for the game Wicked Paradise but i don´t become the complete rpy files.
Yeah, there's something odd here. All menu except one (in "script/home/home/ff/ff_lvr/scene/e_lvr_i_main.rpy") silently broke unrpyc. I tried with the last release of unrpyc, but the problem stay.

I managed to extract the files, but there were some errors in the process.
And I realized that the extracted files are missing text.
Do you still have the problem with the 0.8.1 version ?

I tried files from another game and also from the SDK and still can't get it to unpak.
What error do you get ?

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, there's something odd here. All menu except one (in "script/home/home/ff/ff_lvr/scene/e_lvr_i_main.rpy") silently broke unrpyc. I tried with the last release of unrpyc, but the problem stay.
thats is exactly the wired problem with that.I have the problem since the version 0.7.1 problem with that.But i have create now a simple replace word method mod for that

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
I've noticed that some of the bigger ren'py games just get update files instead having to download the full game, but if the update is applied to an 'unrenned' game it breaks. Any way to fix that?

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
I've noticed that some of the bigger ren'py games just get update files instead having to download the full game, but if the update is applied to an 'unrenned' game it breaks. Any way to fix that?
That's probably because there'll be different versions of the same files - you'd need to delete the unren'ed copy, update, and then unren the updated/patched version. That's a limitation in renpy, not something that unren is doing.

Reactions: RobNorthman

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That's probably because there'll be different versions of the same files - you'd need to delete the unren'ed copy, update, and then unren the updated/patched version. That's a limitation in renpy, not something that unren is doing.
Yeah, I run into that problem whenever I download a patch to a new release. I delete my previous work as was suggested. Then I go back to the most recent complete download, unzip it, and apply any subsequent patches. I can then UnRen the result. It means, of course, that you have to keep the downloaded file and the subsequent patches. If you have them, it doesn't take all that long to get things to where you need them. If you don't have that older download, you might as well just download the full version from the latest release.

Reactions: RobNorthman

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
getting these errors when de-compiling rpyc files for NeverBackDown-0.4-win
Code:
  Extracting _unrpyc.cab...
  Searching for rpyc files...
   + Decompiling "000earlyInit.rpyc" - 6102 bytes
Error while decompiling F:\NeverBackDown-0.4-win\unren\000earlyInit.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\NeverBackDown-0.4-win\unren\..\unrpyc.py", line 139, in worker
    no_pyexpr=args.no_pyexpr, comparable=args.comparable, translator=translator, init_offset=args.init_offset)
  File "F:\NeverBackDown-0.4-win\unren\..\unrpyc.py", line 105, in decompile_rpyc
    ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
  File "F:\NeverBackDown-0.4-win\unren\..\unrpyc.py", line 85, in read_ast_from_file
    raw_contents = raw_contents.decode('zlib')
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check

taki :::

Sep 11, 2020
hello here. does anyone know, what app can extract .cpk files? I tried ~ 10, no one is working.. Thanks A lot!!

Untitled.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] tried using un.rpyc that failed as well.
Before or after trying the SigCorrector ? Because if it's after, it mean that they altered the rpyc files in a way that isn't handled by the tool.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes