Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Josephkink_2H

Aug 15, 2020
I was playing a game and then scrolled back with my mouse and skipped to where I had been, but then I scrolled again and saved it while the text 'skipping' shown in the left hand corner. Now I can't get rid of it, I've attached the image of what is shown. I've activated the console and Reloaded the Script, but do I have to create a new save to get rid of this? Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 3.02.03 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: VepsrP

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I was playing a game and then scrolled back with my mouse and skipped to where I had been, but then I scrolled again and saved it while the text 'skipping' shown in the left hand corner. Now I can't get rid of it, I've attached the image of what is shown. I've activated the console and Reloaded the Script, but do I have to create a new save to get rid of this? View attachment 1235885
No, just hit the CTRL button again at a point where it can't skip or roll back to the point where the skipping action began.

mybox1631

Jan 4, 2019
Hello
My English is not good, sorry.
I want to delete people's names in the text of the games
for example:
"Sara
I went shopping "

I want "Sarah" removed and the phrase changed to:
"I went shopping"
What should I do? I am not familiar with game files
Thanks for your help

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hello
for example:
"Sara
I went shopping "

"I went shopping"
Thanks for your help
Before the desired dialog, in the same line, there is usually a variable that means the name of the speaker. Delete this variable before all dialogs, whatever you need it for.:Kappa:

mybox1631

Jan 4, 2019
Before the desired dialog, in the same line, there is usually a variable that means the name of the speaker. Delete this variable before all dialogs, whatever you need it for.:Kappa:
Thank you for your answer
But
Where can I find the" desired dialog"?
What program should I use?
Thank you

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Thank you for your answer
But
Where can I find the" desired dialog"?
What program should I use?
Thank you
You need the .rpy files - you may first need to unpack the game archives and decompile using this tool. The game archives are .rpa files, and the compiled code is .rpyc

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hello
for example:
"Sara
I went shopping "

"I went shopping"
Thanks for your help
A faster way to do this is to go the where those variables are defined, usually in the script.rpy and replacing the name with an empty string " ".

Reactions: mybox1631

mybox1631

Jan 4, 2019
A faster way to do this is to go the where those variables are defined, usually in the script.rpy and replacing the name with an empty string " ".
:love:Thank you.
Your method was successful for me.
But another question:
When I activate the sound for the game, for example the following sentence:
"... I am home."
Reads:
"Dot Dot Dot I'm home."
Is there a way to pronounce it correctly? If we do not want to delete this phrase case by case.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I think I got exactly the right neighborhood. The people who try to hack software know best how to protect against such antics.
But why would the people creating the hacking tool tell you how to block it? You might as well got to your local car dealership and ask them to teach you how to hot-wire cars.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: User1230 and VepsrP

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I think I got exactly the right neighborhood. The people who try to hack software know best how to protect against such antics.
That's a pretty hopeless prospect regardless. AAA games get hacked as a matter of course, it's merely a question of how much effort people are willing to put into such enterprises. The only way to make your game "unhackable" is to make it have significant portions online that are systems based, as the assets will still have to be loaded locally anyway unless you want to have insane streaming costs and latency issues.

Also Ren'Py is open source, if your goal is to have a high barrier to decompiling your work, your best bet is to shell out for an engine with a compiling process that's unique to your game, and doesn't have an open SDK that works with anything made using that engine.

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
That's a pretty hopeless prospect regardless. AAA games get hacked as a matter of course, it's merely a question of how much effort people are willing to put into such enterprises. The only way to make your game "unhackable" is to make it have significant portions online that are systems based, as the assets will still have to be loaded locally anyway unless you want to have insane streaming costs and latency issues.

Also Ren'Py is open source, if your goal is to have a high barrier to decompiling your work, your best bet is to shell out for an engine with a compiling process that's unique to your game, and doesn't have an open SDK that works with anything made using that engine.
I see your point. I was thinking that there might be a way to have an encryption key for the rpa archive files that only the dev has access to. I initially asked the question because someone was selling a selling a modded version Renpy game on their site for a monthly free, but the game wasn't made by them, and the game is actually available free of charge from the devs website.

Suggested to the original dev to add a disclaimer, like "This game is released free of charge, if you paid for the game, contact us" but the people who are making money off of it can just mod it out.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I see your point. I was thinking that there might be a way to have an encryption key for the rpa archive files that only the dev has access to. I initially asked the question because someone was selling a selling a modded version Renpy game on their site for a monthly free, but the game wasn't made by them, and the game is actually available free of charge from the devs website.

Suggested to the original dev to add a disclaimer, like "This game is released free of charge, if you paid for the game, contact us" but the people who are making money off of it can just mod it out.
Well, commercial developers are sawing their archives and modifying the files of the engine itself, it's a chore and, often, expensive.

Reactions: User1230

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I just got notified about the latest review of this thread. OMG. This tool obviously is too sophisticated for this site...

Keep up the good work!

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes