Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
There is no Windows 11 support
That's nonsense. Its just a batch respectively command script file and runs definitively on it if everything correct is on the client.
If its in your case not running, you do either something wrong or your W11 has some misconfiguration.

The real problem in the end, if you get it running, is the outdated state of unren which makes it useless for decompiling newer RenPy apps.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
... how to get the variables.rpy files ...
Officially from RenPy itself there is no file with such name or similar. Did someone state there shoukd be a file with such a name or do you simply mean you search the files with the game settings, vars etc?
In the latter case its not this easy, as RenPy allows to write variables everywhere in the script files. Usually in the file head but the User still needs to search for them.
It works on win11 for me, but it does come with a warning about running a file from external source every time
Yeah. Quit normal this days.
Win internal files and from MS sources or certified stuff is viewed as secure and everything else as potentially contaminated so it nags everytime.

Gouki11x

Apr 4, 2023
Could someone tell me if I can change the path where the files are extracted and decompiled or if it is the default path in the main folder of the game.
If it is possible to do so, could you tell me how?
Thanks

koyil61405

Sep 2, 2023
It works on win11 for me, but it does come with a warning about running a file from external source every time
I keep getting the “chcp” error and editing didn't work I didn't know much about batch but I tried something but without success I did a search to see if there was something wrong with my system but no system files were missing in the bat (batch) file it said it only supported the highest win10.

koyil61405

Sep 2, 2023
That's nonsense. Its just a batch respectively command script file and runs definitively on it if everything correct is on the client.
If its in your case not running, you do either something wrong or your W11 has some misconfiguration.

The real problem in the end, if you get it running, is the outdated state of unren which makes it useless for decompiling newer RenPy apps.
I use renpy version 8.2.0 to make games myself but in general the packaged files are used in version 7.6.x or less, I'm still learning renpy, I put unren in the game folder and when I double click on it I get an error message that it should work on more win10 versions, I even considered switching to win10 just because of this.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes