Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
shift+o for console-where do i do that? the main directory?
no just place that file in your \WhereTheHeartIs\game\ directory
remember to remove 396342_ from the name so it's unren-dev.rpy
then run the game, whilst playing the game at any time, when you want to cheat etc
press shift+o that will bring up the console which is where you type your cheat commands

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
no just place that file in your \WhereTheHeartIs\game\ directory
remember to remove 396342_ from the name so it's unren-dev.rpy
then run the game, whilst playing the game at any time, when you want to cheat etc
press shift+o that will bring up the console which is where you type your cheat commands
alright. thanks for all your help..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................andwouldsomeonepleaseputtitsonnea?

Last edited:

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
Lately, I have been finding that with quite a few games I cannot decompile the rpyc files. An example would be Halfway House Ep3.
I just downloaded, unpacked, and decompiled Halfway House Ep3 with no problem, using the latest version of the script posted in this thread.

Two caveats you should keep in mind:
1) No funky characters in your renpy games path (and the word ren'py qualifies - that apostrophe is a killer).
2) Keep the directory tree small - there's a 128 or 256 character limit on a path/file name in windows (depends on your version of windows).

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
Lately, I have been finding that with quite a few games I cannot decompile the rpyc files. An example would be Halfway House Ep3.
I have the same issue
Code:
Error while decompiling F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\script.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 126, in worker
    no_pyexpr=args.no_pyexpr, comparable=args.comparable, translator=translator, init_offset=args.init_offset)
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 91, in decompile_rpyc
    ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 77, in read_ast_from_file
    data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast"})
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\decompiler\magic.py", line 599, in safe_loads
    encoding=encoding, errors=errors).load()
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 858, in load
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1206, in load_setitems
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object does not support item assignment
And even when it works on other games, the .rpy sometimes ends up throwing an exception on game loading because of bad indentation or newlines in the wrong place

Tried with fresh python 2.7 install, same error

Code:
Error while decompiling F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\script.rpyc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 126, in worker
    no_pyexpr=args.no_pyexpr, comparable=args.comparable, translator=translator, init_offset=args.init_offset)
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 91, in decompile_rpyc
    ast = read_ast_from_file(in_file)
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py", line 77, in read_ast_from_file
    data, stmts = magic.safe_loads(raw_contents, class_factory, {"_ast"})
  File "F:\____games\Halfway_House-EP3-pc\decompiler\magic.py", line 599, in safe_loads
    encoding=encoding, errors=errors).load()
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\pickle.py", line 864, in load
    dispatch[key](self)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\pickle.py", line 1212, in load_setitems
    dict[stack[i]] = stack[i + 1]
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object does not support item assignment

Last edited:

Haley Smith

Jan 16, 2018
ftw1369 geriatre , Haley Smith , killer1000

It's because unren.bat use an old version of un.rpyc. Either use the modded version of unren made by kwazimoda (available somewhere in this thread), or download the of un.rpyc and use it manually.
I have the latest version I have a custom version of the latest version I'm not an idiot or a noob to using unren. Now what I found is interesting. There shouldn't be emojis in the games code.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I have the latest version I have a custom version of the latest version I'm not an idiot or a noob to using unren. Now what I found is interesting. There shouldn't be emojis in the games code.
You are looking at a rpyc file. They are binary files and what you see is totally expected for this kind of files. And if effectively you had the last version of un.rpyc, you should see this instead :
Image119.png

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes