Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes
Mar 4, 2019
ftw1369 geriatre , Haley Smith , killer1000

It's because unren.bat use an old version of un.rpyc. Either use the modded version of unren made by kwazimoda (available somewhere in this thread), or download the of un.rpyc and use it manually.
Thanks aon, that decrypted everything. The game won't run due to multiple indentation errors but at least I was able to open the rpy's which was my goal.

lapdragon

Sep 28, 2017
Thanks aon, that decrypted everything. The game won't run due to multiple indentation errors but at least I was able to open the rpy's which was my goal.
I've noticed that several games are claiming indentation errors in rpy scripts, even when I don't decompile using un.rpy and use the unpacked source scripts out of the archives. Luckily, it always seems to be complaints in the screens.rpy and such that I rarely make modifications to, so I just delete the loose rpy for those files and let the game use the original compiled scripts out of the rpa archives. The script.rpy and associated child scripts are usually fine.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for this tool! (y) I made some changes, but after unpacking the game has doubled its size (which is not surprising). Do I need some kind of ren.bat to compile and pack it again? The search function did not help me.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for this tool! (y) I made some changes, but after unpacking the game has doubled its size (which is not surprising). Do I need some kind of ren.bat to compile and pack it again? The search function did not help me.
Just delete the old .rpa files that you unpacked

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Interesting - it seems the archive.rpa file isn't needed. :unsure: Thanks!
Yes, because you extracted everything from the .rpa. Think of it like unzipping a zip file. You've got the original zip file, which is now redundant, and the extracted archive data.

mybox1631

Jan 4, 2019
Hi, and thanks 4 this topic. How can we have "Story text" in the word or notepad?
Thanks 4 helping

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hi, and thanks 4 this topic. How can we have "Story text" in the word or notepad?
Thanks 4 helping
By choosing the option 2, "decompile rpyc files".

On a side note, it wasn't necessary to shout to ask this.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I've finally gotten around to releasing an update (v0.8), changes:
  • Updated unrpy
  • Updated rpatool
Download link in OP.

I have some ideas in mind for new features, but I wanted to get this update out now rather than delay it further. I've created a , which includes a build script to aid updates of the included libraries, so future updates shouldn't take as long, and make it easier for others to contribute if they'd like.

niarax

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2017
I'm having an issue where some .rpy files are not being extracted, with rpatool giving me a '[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename'. I've tried the last version of UnRen, the last modded version posted here as well as the plain rpatool. None of them worked

Here's the full error message.

Code:
Could not extract file scripts/07. hscene/hscene_CG_"A"_Option.rpy from archive: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'.\\scripts/07. hscene/hscene_CG_"A"_Option.rpy'
At first I thought that the quote characters were to blame, or perhaps the spaces, but even after editing the plain rpatool file to fix that (at least I think I fixed it) it failed to extract those files. Any ideas?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I'm having an issue where some .rpy files are not being extracted, with rpatool giving me a '[Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename'. I've tried the last version of UnRen, the last modded version posted here as well as the plain rpatool. None of them worked

Here's the full error message.

Code:
Could not extract file scripts/07. hscene/hscene_CG_"A"_Option.rpy from archive: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'.\\scripts/07. hscene/hscene_CG_"A"_Option.rpy'
At first I thought that the quote characters were to blame, or perhaps the spaces, but even after editing the plain rpatool file to fix that (at least I think I fixed it) it failed to extract those files. Any ideas?
What game is this?

Did you try changing line ? Something like:
Python:
                with open(os.path.join(output, outfile).replace('"', ''), 'wb') as file:
And did the error message change?

Reactions: niarax

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I've finally gotten around to releasing an update (v0.8), changes:
  • Updated unrpy
  • Updated rpatool
Download link in OP.

I have some ideas in mind for new features, but I wanted to get this update out now rather than delay it further. I've created a , which includes a build script to aid updates of the included libraries, so future updates shouldn't take as long, and make it easier for others to contribute if they'd like.
Damn, I guess I need to update the Mac/Linux version now! :p

Reactions: Sam

niarax

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2017
What game is this?

Did you try changing line ? Something like:
Python:
                with open(os.path.join(output, outfile).replace('"', ''), 'wb') as file:
And did the error message change?
Fuck me, it worked! I had learned about the .replace function and how to implement it (I don't know any actual Python), but I couldn't figure out where it was needed. Thank you very much!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Folobo

May 23, 2018
Jeez, my question didn't seem any dumber than those posted afterwards. Guess I'll go back to MATY where they'll at least reply to correct my grammar.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I've been using unren now for quite a while without problems. Recently it has stopped working as expected. That is to say, it doesn't work. What happens is that after double-clicking, a tiny window opens momentarily and that's it -- nothing more.
Why?
Try running unren.bat via cmd that way you could see the error message if any
Run cmd
navigate to the games directory that you want to unpack, where you have unren.bat
type unren.bat in the command shell...
Jeez, my question didn't seem any dumber than those posted afterwards. Guess I'll go back to MATY where they'll at least reply to correct my grammar.
Maybe your post got lost amongst the others and nobody noticed it

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes