Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Damn, I guess I need to update the Mac/Linux version now! :p
I don't know if you'd like to use the Github repo in future? I can give you collaborator. I could update the build script to work with *nix version as well.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
How can I encrypt rpa without unren unpacking it
There are some tricks that developers use, many of which have been listed in this thread when people have tried unpacking them.

However, if someone really wants to unpack your renpy game, they're going to do so. Renpy needs to read the game files, if Renpy can read them a third party script can as well. It's really not worth the effort to try and prevent it IMO.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It's really not worth the effort to try and prevent it IMO.
I would add that generally it also tend to annoy the players and make them less likely to play your game ; and so to potentially support it.
The same applying to the attempt to encrypt the rpyc files.

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
First of all, thanks for the work on Unren, saved me a lot of trouble in the past. That being said I've got an error trying to unren he latest Forgotten Paradise update, and I couldn't find the solution in the other pages, unless its an old error and its buried in the first pages, if thats the case sorry for the obvious question. I'm getting "ImportError: No module named site" when I try to extract it, anyone knows whats up?

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm getting "ImportError: No module named site" when I try to extract it, anyone knows whats up?
It happen when Python fail to find a description of it's environment ; the site module being this description. But it shouldn't happen with unren, only if you try to manually launch one of the embedded Python scripts.

Reactions: Dnds

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
It happen when Python fail to find a description of it's environment ; the site module being this description. But it shouldn't happen with unren, only if you try to manually launch one of the embedded Python scripts.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I had it on a folder with special character, once I changed it everything was working fine again lol.

Razielb666

Apr 5, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/Main.rpy", line 11: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    style_prefix "main_menu"
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/game_menu.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    style_prefix "game_menu"
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/prefs.rpy", line 5: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    use game_menu(_("Preferences"), scroll="viewport"):
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/save_load.rpy", line 5: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    use file_slots(_("Save"))
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/save_load.rpy", line 12: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    use file_slots(_("Load"))
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/UI_Elements/help_screen.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    frame:
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/UI_Elements/map_screen.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    frame:
    ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Mon Sep 09 09:33:50 2019

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/Main.rpy", line 11: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    style_prefix "main_menu"
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/game_menu.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    style_prefix "game_menu"
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/prefs.rpy", line 5: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    use game_menu(_("Preferences"), scroll="viewport"):
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/save_load.rpy", line 5: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    use file_slots(_("Save"))
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/Menu/save_load.rpy", line 12: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    use file_slots(_("Load"))
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/UI_Elements/help_screen.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    frame:
    ^

File "game/scripts/core/User_Interface/UI_Elements/map_screen.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
    frame:
    ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Mon Sep 09 09:33:50 2019
the sl tag statement has to be on his own separate line. it's an error of the current unrpyc version to place it behind the screen statement.
Python:
#wrong
screen help() tag menu:

#correct
screen help():
    tag menu
snippet from the orig. script:
Python:
screen main_menu():

## This ensures that any other menu screen is replaced.
    tag menu

style_prefix "main_menu"

add gui.main_menu_background

## This empty frame darkens the main menu.
    frame:
        pass

## The use statement includes another screen inside this one. The actual
    ## contents of the main menu are in the navigation screen.
    use navigation()
result of the unrpyc'ed file:
Python:
screen main_menu() tag menu:

style_prefix "main_menu"

frame

use navigation()

Last edited:

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
the sl tag statement has to be on his own separate line. it's an error of the current unrpyc version to place it behind the screen statement.
Python:
#wrong
screen help() tag menu:

#correct
screen help():
    tag menu
snippet from the orig. script:
Python:
screen main_menu():

## This ensures that any other menu screen is replaced.
    tag menu

style_prefix "main_menu"

## This empty frame darkens the main menu.
    frame:
        pass

## The use statement includes another screen inside this one. The actual
    ## contents of the main menu are in the navigation screen.
    use navigation()
result of the unrpyc'ed file:
Python:
screen main_menu() tag menu:

style_prefix "main_menu"

frame

use navigation()
It has been reported as a bug in the upstream repository:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
dont see cheat button i did everthing still dont see can some help out pleaseeee
Probably because it don't add a "cheat button". To access the console, you need to press the keys shift+o together.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes