Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

xanthras

Jan 4, 2018
I am not too new at this but still learning. Can someone guide me through a quick tutorial on how to figure out what im looking for in each game as to what the commands are please?
Or do each game have different commands?

Folobo

May 23, 2018
Try running unren.bat via cmd that way you could see the error message if any
Run cmd
navigate to the games directory that you want to unpack, where you have unren.bat
type unren.bat in the command shell...

Maybe your post got lost amongst the others and nobody noticed it
Thanks for replying. Problem is solved now --well, at least known. Something clobbered my command window altogether (not a fault of Unren, but of Windows itself) and I just need to work out how to fix it without reinstalling Windows completely.

ja88

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for replying. Problem is solved now --well, at least known. Something clobbered my command window altogether (not a fault of Unren, but of Windows itself) and I just need to work out how to fix it without reinstalling Windows completely.
I'm having the same problem, if you solve it please post what you did to fix it, if you can. thank you

whateveryouwant

Jul 26, 2018
I've enabled the rollback and the file was created in the game folder, however, the game doesn't allow me to rollback for some reason

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I've enabled the rollback and the file was created in the game folder, however, the game doesn't allow me to rollback for some reason
"the game". Which game?

Some devs really don't like rollback, and they put in tons of disables all over their code. Nothing you can do in that case but edit their code.

Reactions: yoyomistro

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Nothing you can do in that case but edit their code.
Well, he can always try the console. Sometimes it's as simple as typing config.rollback_enabled = True after the introduction. It don't works every time, some devs are more tricky, but it worth the try each time.

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Hello, I am asking here hoping to find some answers.

I use Windows 10, and I am trying to mod Amity Park0.6.

I used Unren.bat to extract PRA packages and decompile rpyc files. All went well.

Then edited some of the dialogues of the game (opened the rpy files with Notepad++ and Atom) just to see if it would work, but when I tried to compile again the files using the "Build Distribution" option of Ren'py to obtain an archive.rpa file again, it just didn't work.

I launched the game and now it also gave errors in many files (which I didn't edit) about indentation.

Any idea about what's the problem?
Thanks

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hello, I am asking here hoping to find some answers.

I use Windows 10, and I am trying to mod Amity Park0.6.

I used Unren.bat to extract PRA packages and decompile rpyc files. All went well.

Then edited some of the dialogues of the game (opened the rpy files with Notepad++ and Atom) just to see if it would work, but when I tried to compile again the files using the "Build Distribution" option of Ren'py to obtain an archive.rpa file again, it just didn't work.

I launched the game and now it also gave errors in many files (which I didn't edit) about indentation.

Any idea about what's the problem?
Thanks
We need to know the error, and exactly what files you edited.

And what other things you did with UnRen (turn on console, maybe?).

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Well, without even knowing the exact error message, no, no idea...
You are right, of course.
I used just the first two options of UnRen.bat

I edited the code/episode6MZ.rpy file, line 164, using Notepad++.
I added TEST to the phrase, which should be the first of the episode 6. Didn't delete or edit the file in any other way, just saved after adding that single word. And of course I wrote the word inside the "".
Here is the error message when I try to run AmityPark.exe:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/code/burger.rpy", line 11: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/computer.rpy", line 119: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/computer.rpy", line 158: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
add "computer input"
^

File "game/code/computer.rpy", line 198: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
add "monitor folder"
^

File "game/code/computer.rpy", line 828: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
add "computer input"
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 18: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 60: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 123: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 165: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 217: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 262: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 299: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 347: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 379: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 410: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/forest.rpy", line 462: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 23: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 83: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 151: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 251: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 305: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 362: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 400: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/home.rpy", line 446: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 23: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 73: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 181: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 239: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 274: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 315: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 343: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 368: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 394: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/school.rpy", line 433: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 1
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 363: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
style_prefix "main_menu"
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 562: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("About"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 602: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("About"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 631: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use file_slots(_("Save"))
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 638: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use file_slots(_("Load"))
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 760: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("Preferences"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 928: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
predict False
^

File "game/code/screens.rpy", line 1015: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
default device = "keyboard"
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Fri Oct 04 17:33:19 2019

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
You are right, of course.
I used just the first two options of UnRen.bat

I edited the code/episode6MZ.rpy file, line 164, using Notepad++.
I added TEST to the phrase, which should be the first of the episode 6. Didn't delete or edit the file in any other way, just saved after adding that single word. And of course I wrote the word inside the "".
Those errors have nothing to do with your edit.

They are related to a bug in the decompiler and has been reported to the developer:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Like numanumani said, the error come from unrpyc. But it was fixed since, and I'm pretty sure that unren use the last version, so download the last version of unren and it should be fine.

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
Like numanumani said, the error come from unrpyc. But it was fixed since, and I'm pretty sure that unren use the last version, so download the last version of unren and it should be fine.
I was not aware that a fix had been posted, you have a link to it?
The thread I linked to is dated September 2nd, and the last commit is dated July 3rd.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes