Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
Does it work on Android?... I'm just kidding xD

Thank you very much for unren, I just wanted to say that Summertime Saga 0.19.1 does not decompile well.

Reactions: yoyomistro

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Does it work on Android?... I'm just kidding xD

Thank you very much for unren, I just wanted to say that Summertime Saga 0.19.1 does not decompile well.
Hi,

I am currently in the process of updating my mod to the new Summertime Saga version 0.19.0. I can confirm that there are issues with unren, but so far I found only one thing. The attached file does look corrupted, having wrong line indents in some parts (line 164 to 227). I managed to correct this manually.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The attached file does look corrupted, having wrong line indents in some parts (line 164 to 227).
And you have the same kind of problems in "core/utils.rpy", among other perhaps, right ?
It clearly come from the docstring (the documentations attached to the object/function). The closing "'''" aren't indented correctly, and everything else after this in the block have a wrong indentation because of this.
Apparently it come from unrpyc, at least it's why my tests seem to say. There's case where it fail to handle correctly the docstrings.

Edit: Nop, it come from Ren'py

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Summertime Saga hasn't decompiled correctly for me since like version 14. I always assumed it had to do with the modifications they made to Ren'Py; if it's an issue with unren that can be fixed that's very welcome news.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Summertime Saga hasn't decompiled correctly for me since like version 14. I always assumed it had to do with the modifications they made to Ren'Py; if it's an issue with unren that can be fixed that's very welcome news.
You made me question myself...

I obviously had to use Ren'py to generate the rpyc files I used for my test. And, as obviously, I used the version of the SDK that was already running, so the last one.
Because of you, I get back to the 6.99.12.4 to see what would happen with it. And what happened is that you are the one that is right, it come from Ren'py. I don't know exactly which version, I'll not go this far in my tests, but with the said 6.99.12.4 version unrpyc generate the files correctly.
I guess it's something that can still be fixed on unrpyc side, and probably will have to, because I assume that PyTom will not care about this as long as the rpyc file themselves still works fine.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Try v0.9-dev version in the OP, there might still be a couple of glitches but should be relatively minor and can be fixed by hand.

(See the post 2 above yours)

blackplus

Dec 16, 2018
help me Summertime Saga v0.19.1 RPYC Decompiler problem Decompiler game run erro
Unresolved v0.9-dev version

Last edited:

shoopdawoop9999

Aug 27, 2019
Getting an error when trying to decompile the rpyc files for Summertime Saga, though which game doesn't actually appear to matter. I ran it on DDLC as well and encountered the same error. Extracting the RPAs works fine however; so it doesn't appear to be a matter of the bat file being placed into the wrong folder or anything like that.

Cmd outputs:
Code:
  Creating _unrpyc.cab...

Extracting _unrpyc.cab...
expand: invalid option -- F
Try `expand --help' for more information.
The system cannot find the file specified.
  Searching for rpyc files...
   + Decompiling "pregnancy_announcement.rpyc" - 2164 bytes
D:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file 'D:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
With the no such file or directory message appearing for every rpyc.

This appears to be the line throwing the error. The cab file is failing to extract.
Bash:
expand -F:* "%unrpyccab%" "%decompilerdir%" >nul
Tried extracting on my C drive, with a different path, etc.... No luck.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
You made me question myself...

I obviously had to use Ren'py to generate the rpyc files I used for my test. And, as obviously, I used the version of the SDK that was already running, so the last one.
Because of you, I get back to the 6.99.12.4 to see what would happen with it. And what happened is that you are the one that is right, it come from Ren'py. I don't know exactly which version, I'll not go this far in my tests, but with the said 6.99.12.4 version unrpyc generate the files correctly.
I guess it's something that can still be fixed on unrpyc side, and probably will have to, because I assume that PyTom will not care about this as long as the rpyc file themselves still works fine.
Oh OK, I'll try that then, generate the .rpyc's then use un.rpyc. Thanks, don't know why I never thought of that. Hopefully it works.

Try v0.9-dev version in the OP, there might still be a couple of glitches but should be relatively minor and can be fixed by hand.

(See the post 2 above yours)
I did, I know it's just indentation issues but I'm super lazy about it. I could probably just do a find and replace in Notepad++, now that I think about it actually... Hopefully all the indentations are the exact same number of characters. But I'll try using un.rpyc first and if that doesn't work then I'll manually delete the indents.

Thanks for the responses.

Getting an error when trying to decompile the rpyc files for Summertime Saga, though which game doesn't actually appear to matter. I ran it on DDLC as well and encountered the same error. Extracting the RPAs works fine however; so it doesn't appear to be a matter of the bat file being placed into the wrong folder or anything like that.

Cmd outputs:
Code:
  Creating _unrpyc.cab...

Extracting _unrpyc.cab...
expand: invalid option -- F
Try `expand --help' for more information.
The system cannot find the file specified.
  Searching for rpyc files...
   + Decompiling "pregnancy_announcement.rpyc" - 2164 bytes
D:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\lib\windows-i686\python.exe: can't open file 'D:\Games\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\game\..\unrpyc.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
With the no such file or directory message appearing for every rpyc.

This appears to be the line throwing the error. The cab file is failing to extract.
Bash:
expand -F:* "%unrpyccab%" "%decompilerdir%" >nul
Tried extracting on my C drive, with a different path, etc.... No luck.
Are you sure you have the batch file in the correct directory? It should be in "$\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc", not "$\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\game".

Last edited:

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Ren'py itself doesn't support RPA 4.0...

What's the name of the game ?
I know this wasn't a response to me but I just wanted to quote you. I tried un.rpyc and that didn't fix the indentation issue, and I tried find and replacing 4 spaces but that just removed all indentation in the script. I tried UnRen v0.9 and it didn't seem to work either. So there's some baseline issue with indentation on some games (I guess depending on the version of Ren'py they're using?) such as Summertime Saga and Amity Park.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
So there's some baseline issue with indentation on some games (I guess depending on the version of Ren'py they're using?) such as Summertime Saga and Amity Park.
More a baseline issue with all the versions of Ren'py. And I finally found the origin of it, Ren'py struggle with docstring.
Until 6.99.12.4, it seem to have seen simple quote in a docstrings like the start of a string ; there where to in my previous test, reason why it worked. Then, starting 6.99.13 it wasn't anymore throwing an error, but instead did something weird that lead to this mismatched indentation when unrpyc deal with what Ren'py generated for the rpyc.

And the fix... is to edit the rpy files and manually correct the indentation, while removing the simple quotes in the doctring to avoid the problem in the future.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
More a baseline issue with all the versions of Ren'py. And I finally found the origin of it, Ren'py struggle with docstring.
Until 6.99.12.4, it seem to have seen simple quote in a docstrings like the start of a string ; there where to in my previous test, reason why it worked. Then, starting 6.99.13 it wasn't anymore throwing an error, but instead did something weird that lead to this mismatched indentation when unrpyc deal with what Ren'py generated for the rpyc.

And the fix... is to edit the rpy files and manually correct the indentation, while removing the simple quotes in the doctring to avoid the problem in the future.
Huh... well, Summertime Saga usually throws a ton of indentation errors in multiple files so unless there's a quick way to do a find and replace without messing up other indents, I guess I'm staying away from it for a while... Or I guess I could play without access to rpys but that's kind of annoying... Thanks for pinpointing the issue.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Huh... well, Summertime Saga usually throws a ton of indentation errors in multiple files
This one is know. It's Ren'py that don't accept tag in the declaration line anymore.
You need to edit all the files with a tag, and move it to the line after.
Code:
screen whatever() tag myTag:
becoming
Code:
screen whatever():
    tag myTag

[...] I guess I'm staying away from it for a while...
Honestly, I lost interest for this game a long time ago. I have other things to do than restart a game almost each time a new update is released, simply because the devs team don't care to ensure the save compatibility.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
This one is know. It's Ren'py that don't accept tag in the declaration line anymore.
You need to edit all the files with a tag, and move it to the line after.
Code:
screen whatever() tag myTag:
becoming
Code:
screen whatever():
    tag myTag

Honestly, I lost interest for this game a long time ago. I have other things to do than restart a game almost each time a new update is released, simply because the devs team don't care to ensure the save compatibility.
Well, they *do* care, and they claim that from now on there will be savegame compatibility.

And they did provide savegames in the past. Also, it is not necessary to re-play the previous content just to see the new content, you can jump into the new stuff right away.

Just saying.

On the bright side, there is only one file I know that has those wrong indentations.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Ok, this one was annoying as fuck. Not because it was hard, but because it show me a bug in my sigCorrector tool (I'll update the thread once I validate this).

Download the attached archive, there's many files inside, one in a "renpy" folder.
Extract it on the main game directory (where you usually put unren.bat), and confirm that you don't care that the "renpy" folder already exist.
Then do like you do for unren.bat to launch unrpa.bat, it will extract the content of the "archive.rpa" file.
Once it's done, do the same with sigCorrector.bat to revert the change they made to the rpyc files.
Then now you can play the game, look at the CG, and ask unren.bat to unrpyc the files.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Well, they *do* care, and they claim that from now on there will be savegame compatibility.

And they did provide savegames in the past. Also, it is not necessary to re-play the previous content just to see the new content, you can jump into the new stuff right away.

Just saying.

On the bright side, there is only one file I know that has those wrong indentations.
Really? I get a whole bunch. Which version of unren are you using?

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes