Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Nice, but what does it fix actually?
I second this.

Intuitively I assume that it permit to works with more that one game at once, or to proceed each game faster, but which one of those, and how ?
Is this a "put on the main folder where all your games are, and it will proceed them all" ?
Or a "put on the main folder where all your games are, then choose which game have to be proceeded" ? [Side note: this one would be great if it's not that]
Or perhaps something totally different ?

Haley Smith

Jan 16, 2018
Judging by screenshots Haley's combines unpacking and decompiling in one step.
I just made it so that you extract the .rpa and decompile the .rpyc as a single step. So that its a one button without the extra steps like what 9 does or doing one resting then doing the other. (still one game at a time just faster per game)

Aug 22, 2018
when I run the tool on any of the options whole PC kinda freezes up,I cannot open anything new except alt tab-ing the windows that are already up...why is that?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Did you read the instructions in the start thread and followed them correct? My guess is, you copied UnRen.bat in the wrong directory.
Look again carefully. It should work.

yuifg

Oct 25, 2019
Did you read the instructions in the start thread and followed them correct? My guess is, you copied UnRen.bat in the wrong directory.
Look again carefully. It should work.
Yea i went back and triple checked and it still gives me that error

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
View attachment Screenshot_20191121_1.webp

"pt" in the path column is the shortname for the game i use for this. Thats where the unren script must be located. See the lib directory? There is python... See next image:

View attachment Screenshot_20191121_2.webp

I guess youre on windows, or? If the script is in the game root dir like shown in image1 and ".../lib/windows-i686" is there like in image2, then your error message shouldn be there.
All of this is correct and still this error? From the game root dir the scripts finds python in there normaly.

Dammit. Why are the images not shown and only links? Its because webp?

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I obviously misread. Never heard of them though. Net says some report stuff from SAP.

Anyway he has no license slapped on this thing and i dont think he will mind. But you're right, still asking is better.
Greets

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Could I get your permission to create a batch script like UnRen for it so it would extract all RPC files?
if you feel the need...
we live in a free world and even more this is a pirate forum, so ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Reactions: Keitaro420

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Oh my.
There are no real "rpc" files for RenPy. :censored: That is a RPA. Name extension was changed for one letter. Its the same as with the first RPA used by RenPy, who did have "rpi" as extension. Just for info.

This thread is full of variations like this one. And there are more. I we make a tool or UnRen mod for every obfuscating attempt of the game devs, we need a whole forum for just them. But go on. Its your time. :)

Btw. Someone here dealed with sunshine valley already: post-2559762

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi guys,

does anybody have an explanation for the strange thing that happens when extracting Summertime Saga 0.19.1?

Problem (apart from the known stuff like some line indentations being wrong) is that, once everything is working and the game running, some layered images do not work as expected. For instance, the game has an automatic talk recognition, meaning that when a character is shown with a face attribute like e.g. "f_smile", then this is replaced automatically with something like "f_smile_talk" when he says something.

Now this works as long as both images are physically available. In some cases, the game provides only the non-talking face image, and in this case even when the char is talking, the non-talking variant is shown.

This is achieved by an image statement like

renpy.image("char_face_talk_f_smile", "char_face_f_smile")

assuming that the files is named "char_face_f_smile.png" in the images directory.

What I do not understand is that some talk variants of faces are neither existing on disk in the image directory, nor is there such an image statement. Nevertheless, in the unextracted game it works, but not any longer as soon as the game files are extracted. In that case, a blank face is shown.

It should be noted that the files defining (or in this case not defining) the layeredimage and the mapping image statements are different from the file where the problematic dialog occurs. And as soon as the file containing the dialog is extracted (available as *.rpy), the error occurs.

Very strange.

As soon as I manually define such an image statement like the one above, everything works as expected in the extracted game.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hi guys,

does anybody have an explanation for the strange thing that happens when extracting Summertime Saga 0.19.1?

Problem (apart from the known stuff like some line indentations being wrong) is that, once everything is working and the game running, some layered images do not work as expected. For instance, the game has an automatic talk recognition, meaning that when a character is shown with a face attribute like e.g. "f_smile", then this is replaced automatically with something like "f_smile_talk" when he says something.

Now this works as long as both images are physically available. In some cases, the game provides only the non-talking face image, and in this case even when the char is talking, the non-talking variant is shown.

This is achieved by an image statement like

renpy.image("char_face_talk_f_smile", "char_face_f_smile")

assuming that the files is named "char_face_f_smile.png" in the images directory.

What I do not understand is that some talk variants of faces are neither existing on disk in the image directory, nor is there such an image statement. Nevertheless, in the unextracted game it works, but not any longer as soon as the game files are extracted. In that case, a blank face is shown.

It should be noted that the files defining (or in this case not defining) the layeredimage and the mapping image statements are different from the file where the problematic dialog occurs. And as soon as the file containing the dialog is extracted (available as *.rpy), the error occurs.

Very strange.

As soon as I manually define such an image statement like the one above, everything works as expected in the extracted game.
"As soon as the file containing the dialog is extracted"...what do you mean by this?

Are you using UnRen to pull out the rpy files and trying to run the game like that?

Don't do that. If you want to read the script, make a copy and UnRen the copy. Don't try running the UnRen'd version.

Also, a little reading of this thread will reveal that the version of unrpyc in UnRen doesn't handle layered images.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes