Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
"As soon as the file containing the dialog is extracted"...what do you mean by this?

Are you using UnRen to pull out the rpy files and trying to run the game like that?

Don't do that. If you want to read the script, make a copy and UnRen the copy. Don't try running the UnRen'd version.

Also, a little reading of this thread will reveal that the version of unrpyc in UnRen doesn't handle layered images.
OK I will check again this evening, but I seem to remember that I used the unren-v0.9-dev version from the first post of this thread. May also have been the latest un.rpyc. I agree that it is not easy to extract the sources of this game, but I managed and it works -- apart from the problem I posted.

What I do is extract the images and the sources (which kind of worked), then modded some images and sources to create a mod. This also works.

The mod is installed by copying the modded files into the game\images and game\scripts directory of the unmodded original game. Again, this works (since several game releases now).

As written, problem now is that as soon as I copy only one .rpy file that contains an affected dialog (note: not the file defining the layeredimage nor the image itself), *sometimes* I do not get a face displayed. Looking into the sources it is quite clear that the face cannot be displayed because there is neither a matching image nor a renpy.image definition for that particular image. However, the unmodded original game works quite fine.

This is what I do not understand at all. Any explanation would be very much appreciated.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Looking into the sources it is quite clear that the face cannot be displayed because there is neither a matching image nor a renpy.image definition for that particular image. However, the unmodded original game works quite fine.
What do you mean by "matching image" ? An image located on the right place on the disk, or an image declared by image ? If it's the later, it's totally natural since Ren'py at start.
But well, Summertime Saga twist Ren'py in all side, over and over. Therefore, do not expect it to works like an usual Ren'py game. You need to trace back all the display process to find what they really use and why they do it.

All this said, unless it's a side effect of the indentation problem discussed previously in this thread (starting there), what I doubt, it's a problem totally not related to UnRen.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
What do you mean by "matching image" ? An image located on the right place on the disk, or an image declared by image ? If it's the later, it's totally natural since Ren'py at start.
But well, Summertime Saga twist Ren'py in all side, over and over. Therefore, do not expect it to works like an usual Ren'py game. You need to trace back all the display process to find what they really use and why they do it.

All this said, unless it's a side effect of the indentation problem discussed previously in this thread (starting there), what I doubt, it's a problem totally not related to UnRen.
I do not accuse unren to be at fault here. I just hoped that someone could explain what is happening, how and why -- some Python, Ren'py or Unren guru ;)

I have the original game and put only one extracted file into the scripts folder (without editing anything and without that file defining any image whatsoever, only using them), and it does no longer work. I delete that unmodified file again, and it works.

I will see if I can provide a real example this evening.

With "matching image" I mean that there is no image file nor an image statement defining the image in question, at least not in what I am able to extract from the rpa files. Is it possible that not all images are extracted, or not all rpy files? But that would not explain why it stops working as soon as a file that has nothing to do with the image is present.

vimkeller

Jul 8, 2018
Guys help solve this problem!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'forest_dialogue'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Vimkeller\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Vimkeller\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 529, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Vimkeller\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Vimkeller\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpyc", line 2266, in script call
File "game/scripts/locks/01global_lock_check.rpyc", line 61, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 65, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 185, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 10, in script call
�l�i1�G�f�27B�4P��Mi>t�Gj,�T��i)��">��eVب�2��yg��IQp���UJ
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/dining_room/dining_room.rpyc", line 28, in script call
H�� i��w�*�V�mc��l�%�C�\�l�1��A��{0���I�NҲ-�P�}"���>=��O���e���q�S@�Ԁ�i��=�O����@��eR�CB�RcY��u�^�K��z��t���sx:�^xn�����C^t/(�B�� /�$� y�^���^x �^*��YB:"�^���1�A'^y�^*G_�.٧WW�騐}��S�/�w������r��
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 89, in script call
�4��� ��G�?{b��0��55��kan��
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/entrance.rpyc", line 185, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 59, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
�H�.!�Z&Wѩ���8��q.�㤾\�q}i��y�Dܤ#_0x��y�;q4l��̡��H�B
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/bedroom/dialogue.rpyc", line 2266, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/hallway/hallway.rpyc", line 65, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 10, in script call
�l�i1�G�f�27B�4P��Mi>t�Gj,�T��i)��">��eVب�2��yg��IQp���UJ
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/dining_room/dining_room.rpyc", line 28, in script call
H�� i��w�*�V�mc��l�%�C�\�l�1��A��{0���I�NҲ-�P�}"���>=��O���e���q�S@�Ԁ�i��=�O����@��eR�CB�RcY��u�^�K��z��t���sx:�^xn�����C^t/(�B�� /�$� y�^���^x �^*��YB:"�^���1�A'^y�^*G_�.٧WW�騐}��S�/�w������r��
File "game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/kitchen.rpyc", line 89, in script call
�4��� ��G�?{b��0��55��kan��
File "game/scripts/locations/home/home.rpyc", line 59, in script call
File "game/scripts/locations/map/map.rpyc", line 15, in script call
�H�.!�Z&Wѩ���8��q.�㤾\�q}i��y�Dܤ#_0x��y�;q4l��̡��H�B
File "C:\Users\Vimkeller\Desktop\SummertimeSaga-0-19-1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'forest_dialogue'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SummertimeSaga 0.19.1
Sun Dec 01 20:47:04 2019

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
What has this to do with the UnRen.bat? :rolleyes:

No info at all about what you did with the tool and why you cry explicit "here" for help. If used at all, archive unpacking "would" have given errors while working and scripts are obvious still in compiled format, so decompile wasn't used.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
How to solve the statement indent error after unpacking
Did the error also appear without unpacking? If yes, and if it is the problem from faulty unpacking...
Edit: Nvm. Removed the other advice... What a mess. Report this please to the game developer and not here.

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
You don't. Or rather: You fix the faulty lines by hand. Every single one. OR: Do not unpack the scripts. This was multiple times discussed.

More important; everyone: This i not a bug in UnRen. Report it on "github -> unrpyc" if you like. There was a change in renpy and since this script decompiling doesn't work cleanly.
It works, if you use the right Unren and right rpa extract.

With this work fine. Even if there are some changes to be made in screens, options and gui.rpy

And censuredusername is already aware of this problem so it's no use opening other issues.

Last edited:

DANGitsJOEY

Oct 13, 2019
Mine says
Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root directory?
I'm pretty sure I'm in the root directory and can actually see the python.exe file its talking about. Why is it not working

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes