Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
The Rar of the game was just decompressed, I shouldn't say it exists.
By: google translate
The archive.rpa for Waifu Academy contains the .rpy files, once you have unpacked the .rpa they are there you do not need to decompile the .rpyc files.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I wonder if there's another program to extract RPA file.
You must have already unpacked the .rpa otherwise you wouldn't have the .rpy and .rpyc files for this game as they are all stored inside the archive.rpa file, what exactly are you trying to do? If you want the .rpy files you already have them that is why you saw those errors when running unren.

Jun 4, 2019
You must have already unpacked the .rpa otherwise you wouldn't have the .rpy and .rpyc files for this game as they are all stored inside the archive.rpa file, what exactly are you trying to do? If you want the .rpy files you already have them that is why you saw those errors when running unren.
The game before Unren. Inside the tl folder there is a None call with two files common.rpym , common.rpymc
hkjhkjk.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Why need another ? It's one of the option offered by unren. Just look at the different choices of its menu, they are relatively easy to understand even for a none English speaker.

Reactions: Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I already did it but I get the error
No you got that error when trying to decompile the rpyc files which is option 2,
I said select option 1 to unpack the rpa.
1 Extract RPA packages <--- Use this to unpack .rpa archives
2 Decompile rpyc files
3 Enable Console and Developer Menu
4 Enable Quick Save and Quick Load
5 Force enable skipping of unseen content
6 Force enable rollback (scroll wheel)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I already did it but I get the error
No, the error you had is from rpyc decryption. The unarchiving of the rpa files ended without error ; once again it's clearly shown in the screenshot.
There's no reason for you to end with the directory content you shown here, after having this result. You have the images folder, and should also have the rpy and rpyc files.

Reactions: Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
No, the error you had is from rpyc decryption. The unarchiving of the rpa files ended without error ; once again it's clearly shown in the screenshot.
There's no reason for you to end with the directory content you shown here, after having this result. You have the images folder, and should also have the rpy and rpyc files.
I guess for whatever reason he must have deleted those files before taking the screenshot.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I guess for whatever reason he must have deleted those files before taking the screenshot.
More than those files. The screenshot also show that the file for the rollback, the one for the console, and so one, where also installed.
He use the modded version of unren (since it did the "all in one"). I don't know, there's perhaps a part of it that deletes the rpy/rpyc files if unrpyc fail ; which would explain the problem.

Jun 4, 2019
More than those files. The screenshot also show that the file for the rollback, the one for the console, and so one, where also installed.
He use the modded version of unren (since it did the "all in one"). I don't know, there's perhaps a part of it that deletes the rpy/rpyc files if unrpyc fail ; which would explain the problem.
There is only one problem I do not delete the files before capturing. as it is in the capture so it came out of the Rar and look at it here. You can confirm by downloading the game.

ooo.png

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
There is only one problem I do not delete the files before capturing. as it is in the capture so it came out of the Rar and look at it here.
But your screenshot clearly show that the content of the rpa archive have been extracted. Therefore you should have more than that, which isn't the case... so, where have they been extracted exactly ?
Do you have a new folder somewhere, perhaps near the "game" one ? Or are you running a sandbox program, and for some reason it intercepted the call to Python and extracted inside the sandbox and not directly on the disk ?

Jun 4, 2019
But your screenshot clearly show that the content of the rpa archive have been extracted. Therefore you should have more than that, which isn't the case... so, where have they been extracted exactly ?
Do you have a new folder somewhere, perhaps near the "game" one ? Or are you running a sandbox program, and for some reason it intercepted the call to Python and extracted inside the sandbox and not directly on the disk ?
I do not use other programs, however with any other renpy game with option 1 extract everything, only with that game meda that problem will be a developer block?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Sorry, little text wall. But reading helps sometimes. :whistle:

ArtilleroDelT3485M
It's simple imho. You do not understand there is nothing wrong with getting this "warning" while you use option 9 in unren. (Or 1 & 2)

1) .rpyc files just the compiled version of the .rpy files. The rpyc are just restructured so RenPy can more efficiently work with them.
2) If you use the tool unrpyc (or the option in unren) on a .rpyc file you get a .rpy file out of it.
3) A game "dev" doesn't need to let the .rpy files in the "game" directory if he packs the game(where the RPA are made) for a release. The rpyc are all whats needed to run it.
4) In this game the rpy files are still there but you dont see them because they're in the RPA. Unpack the rpa (NOTHING else) and you see them.
5) If a user uses now unrpyc its normal to get this warning. The tool wants to write .rpy files which are already there, so it fails.

Sure, there are others. I wrote one myself. And? Unimportant. Absolute!
There is however the simple fact you misunderstand a simple thing: UnRen is NOT a program which decompresses RPA files OR to uncompiles rpyc files. It uses other programs for this.

So, hope this is understandable explained.
Cheerio :)

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I do not use other programs, however with any other renpy game with option 1 extract everything, only with that game meda that problem will be a developer block?
Hmm... A block would still have let the rpyc files being visible after the extraction of the rpa file, or made unrpa generate an error.
I'll look at it.

Sorry, little text wall. But reading helps sometimes. :whistle:
Effectively. By example in this particular case, it would have shown that the files are nowhere to be seen, and that it's this the main problem, and not the error returned by unrpyc.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I'll look at it.
ArtilleroDelT3485M I took a look at the game, and everything works fine for me :
waifu.jpg

Therefore I stand on what I said previously, either the files have been extracted somewhere else, or there's something silently preventing them to be wrote on the disk.

This said, something feel odd on your screenshot. Even in the "virtual representation" of the path, the drive should be the first entry, not the second.

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes