DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
Oh, and since we are coming to the end of Unveiling the Unknown's development cycle, your feedback is more important than ever! I read all suggestions and implement what I can to try and make the game the best it can be.
A huge thanks to everyone that has left reviews, bug reports and critique so far. This game couldn't have become what it is now without your help. As I said in my Monster Girl 1,000 thread, sometimes I feel like my games are one massive collab with the vast community it builds up ♡
Any plans to build out Lady Balethorns route? would love properly truning her against the Hero.

lonedruide

Mar 24, 2020
I've personally seen artists make the mistake of adding a 6th finger to a characters hand so...
The lack of fingers isn't really noticeable, I only pointed that out in tandem with the rest. But there's something about the lighting and the shadows of the characters. Like an uncanny valley effect. Also, if the faces aren't particularly different from the classic author's style, the bodies and costumes are very different. Notice the glare in the generated picture, in the picture from the old artwork, and from this game

Maybe I'm just crazy. But I'm assuming artist generated picture and then did some work on it.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Meh, reusing save files are for the weak! Time for a new run... :sneaky: - game ver: 0.9.0c

Guess i'll log my though along the way, lots of nitpicking or small detail that I'm not sure are important enough to be improved.
Feedback after two dive in the dungeon:

Replaying impression
- Kinda interesting to see which text line where modified, and some more context being added here and there
- Butlerwho? Who are you and why are you in the manor on my new save?! (As in: I was surprised a character was introduced from the start of the game. Her first event is great tho)
- I missed bantering with that demon queen!
- The tutorial on the first day may need a bit more detail on action that consume a turn or not ; the fact than opponent don't damage you if you kill them (I don't think I read that somewhere)
- Since you start the first run in the dungeon with firestorm active, it's a bit weird to not be able to cast it + it lack of tooltip while hovering it. When you know how the game work it's fine, but it may be a bit confusing for new player (having a tooltip "already active - dish X damage per turn" while hovering active spell may help?)
- Since "cursing" lily's curse technically consume crystals, would putting a crystal cost to the hangouts be a logical way to slow down a bit the game's pace? (I'm not sure on how yet, but locking some event/hangout behind other (or behind some given days/story content) still feel to me as something the game lack to have a better pacing - however that proposal work lore wise, but it mean forcing player to gather some crystal to unlock content, which is a bit meh)

Early game impression:
- I DAMN LOVE THESE DAMAGE ESTIMATION!
- I'm a bit weirded out by the car octavia did drive. wasn't the game supposedly fantasy?
- Part of me wish to have the effect of the elemental reaction also show in the tooltip (especially since they are usually a bit niche), and it would fit the current UI/UX design ; part of me think it's fine to ask for some player to have some knowledge on what would happen (even if it mean it's harder to predict what result your action will have)
- Early/not definitive feedback on ice wall: Seem on the weak side right now, and is a bit too expensive for it damage+the damage gain (compared to other spell that could dish more than double the damage for a weaker mana cost) - I'll see how it scale at higher level.
- Very early feedback on scaling: scaling seem way better now, and the game feel more like earlier iteration (that were IMO more fun) - with the extra UI elements on top. I really don't know what I feel about the inflated HP compared to before, in a way it feel like a lots of HP to burn, in another way since ice wall only give defense/extra turn it is probably a bit more fun/balanced. Way & see when I put my hands on Emi.

Bugs(?)
- I was able to do octavia first hangout the same day I did mirabelle's. I'm not sure it is intended, and it help a bit with the guidebook
- During the tutorial, firestorm damage appear after the enemy counterattack - which also mean it does kill you. I assume it is scripted, but that mean the tutorial behave differently than any other encounter in the game, it may be better to fail on the 3rd mob instead.
- Right after unlocking the market, the buying/selling price were CRAZY. This bug fix itself while moving anywhere else, but it's a super cheat when that happen (Like.. I'M SORRY? 235g/per crystal? 200 per ore? but only 115 per enchanted? Don't mind if I become rich! 440k gold after 2 dive in the dungeon? - see attached file if that help)
- "resist the temptation and leave the relic (-5 gold)" fail the choice: "Lost 99 gold!". I was not sure I had that much gold on me when it happened, and it may be due to me saving/loading to scout a bit for event (as in: may be save scuming related)

More feedback on the next episode!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: TwistedScarlett60

LokoDmas

Apr 28, 2020
Awh, you know what, I wasn't going to add anymore scenes with her, but you've convinced me :ROFLMAO:
i thought that you were adding more for her, that didn't felt like a one time deal like the city ones.
Good that you will add more, i was expecting that she would get a "reward" for her job after all the years she spent devoting herself to the war.
Also hope that we don't need to force her to do it, only give a push.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
The lack of fingers isn't really noticeable, I only pointed that out in tandem with the rest. But there's something about the lighting and the shadows of the characters. Like an uncanny valley effect. Also, if the faces aren't particularly different from the classic author's style, the bodies and costumes are very different. Notice the glare in the generated picture, in the picture from the old artwork, and from this game

Maybe I'm just crazy. But I'm assuming artist generated picture and then did some work on it.
Maybe. If so, it's likely a light touch, more lighting than much else.
e6 doesn't allow AI, or at least not images generated solely via AI, I'd have to check the rules.

Mar 24, 2019
Maybe. If so, it's likely a light touch, more lighting than much else.
e6 doesn't allow AI, or at least not images generated solely via AI, I'd have to check the rules.
I don't know why this conversation keeps coming up, but what's up with the theories about main characters being AI generated when Twisted Scarlett has made it explicit what parts of their games are AI and which aren't?

Reactions: Anon_3.141

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Daily dose of UtU! - just a single dungeon dive...

Ice wall & Bubbles
- Ice wall rythm is totally broken/got more nerfed than I expected : before the "cast consume a turn", you could do "ice wall > hit > hit", on loop while being mana-neutral (which was close to immortality with the shield) - now you can only do "wall > hit" before it expire, which add a pretty hefty cost for it (at first glance*) limited effect. My suggestion here would be to either add a 3rd turn to it duration, or remove it damage and make it instant cast, or make it loose "armored" turn when you get hit (or when you loose HP).
- ice + water reaction feels pretty bad to use most of the time (and ice reaction in general are not appealing IMO) : Ice give you armor so you can get bonked for less damage (and as said above is pretty expensive to maintain). water give you shield so you either dodge or shield the bonks ; and you "waste" one turn of the buffs when the reaction trigger. Plus said reaction only freeze once per battle, right? That mean I would prefer using other reaction that can dish damage instead of ice wall's.
If that reaction would give "permanent" shield, or extend ice wall duration by some turn, I would be inclined to use the reaction when it make sense instead of trying to dodge it as hard as I can.
- *: No feedback on ice wall numerical value yet - at first glance I feel it don't give much for it mana cost (compared to any other spells that can last longer and allows to just kill thing faster / take less damage in the process), but I need to see more of how ice wall affect your damage taken at higher atk/def value to make an opinion.
- I'm... REALLY conflicted about the bubble thingy. Previously, you had the choice of bubble for a chance to dodge/take no damage, or ice wall to shield the damage. Now bubble take both of these aspect (either full dodge or mitigate damage), and ice wall "only" allows you to take "less" damage (which is still damage taken).
- I do enjoy how bubble is designed (with the shield value depending on it duration and it being able to be expanded), but it seems REALLY strong. More on that another day! I'll pet poor mirabelle that got her shield stolen in the meantime.
- Since ice wall is "costly"/not last long, the more evasion I have, the less I would want to cast it : compared to damage skill it will feel like wasted mana.

Various gameplay feedback:
- At the early game, I did not see any indication on what dark reaction do. You have the book of reaction but it does not tell you much.
- Selling ore/crystal still feel as good as ever and allows you to rack your combat power pretty quickly. I'm thinking reducing the sell cost of enchanted crystal / ore / crystal would give more insensitive to use these early game (instead of selling these massively to upgrade the forge).
- New scaling still feel great for now! It's not a one shot fest so there is some time to play with spell and reaction, it's nice!
- I think most of the damage I did take in a run came from bad event (I assume they dish damage based on your HP?). I think it would be nice if event damage is more in line with how much damage the mob of the same floor deal to you.

Suggestion & random thoughts
- It could be great if the "!" of the guild would be displayed in the city icon when you are in the manor
- I did not remember the formal outfit ; but damn it's looks great!

Bug
- When you try to sell something, the prompt display "enter amount to buy"
- (see saved file) new mob did poped ; 1 turn left on firestorm & bubble ; 30 shield displayed, the mob did counterattack for 1hp that did land on the HP (I think it was a display bug when the HP value should not have been shown)
- (can be tested in the same file) Ice wall remove some defense when it expire. Also reminder than similar problem did pop with the (IIRC) dark + water elemental reaction ; so it's may be worth double checking if there is not a similar bug with other buff applications.
- Emi's Serene mind cost is displayed as the same price as watery grave - meaning it is displayed at about ~5k when watery grave is lv 0, and about ~25k when watery grave is lv 1.
- Master chef's recipe book / divine astronomy display their "buy" button when the requirement to buy them is still missing

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Oh, and since we are coming to the end of Unveiling the Unknown's development cycle, your feedback is more important than ever! I read all suggestions and implement what I can to try and make the game the best it can be.
A huge thanks to everyone that has left reviews, bug reports and critique so far. This game couldn't have become what it is now without your help. As I said in my Monster Girl 1,000 thread, sometimes I feel like my games are one massive collab with the vast community it builds up ♡
I remember in an older version there were some scenes in some character lists that seemed more cuck based. At least our MC stealing Emi from Kane in some way and something else with Beatrice. (Futa based netorare/netorase is awesome!)
I'm a bit disappointed these have seemingly been removed. They could have at least been optional or hidden for those to wanted them. I don't remember seeing anything about their removal.
It was part of the reason I was interested in this and supported earlier on. :(

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I remember in an older version there were some scenes in some character lists that seemed more cuck based. At least our MC stealing Emi from Kane in some way and something else with Beatrice. (Futa based netorare/netorase is awesome!)
I'm a bit disappointed these have seemingly been removed. They could have at least been optional or hidden for those to wanted them. I don't remember seeing anything about their removal.
It was part of the reason I was interested in this and supported earlier on. :(
Netorare tags were removed with the game's very first update. It was massively contentious and extremely unpopular and had dominated pretty much the entirety of discussion for the first few pages. I usually don't sweat avoidable NTR content but a very large reason that this game's thread has been so productive, useful and 2 way communicative between the dev and community was because that point of massive contention was removed very early in the development cycle.
Beyond that futas exist to cuck, not to be cucked.

Reactions: BlackPaladin527

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Netorare tags were removed with the game's very first update. It was massively contentious and extremely unpopular and had dominated pretty much the entirety of discussion for the first few pages. I usually don't sweat avoidable NTR content but a very large reason that this game's thread has been so productive, useful and 2 way communicative between the dev and community was because that point of massive contention was removed very early in the development cycle.
Beyond that futas exist to cuck, not to be cucked.
That's what I mean, I was under the impression MC was stealing Emi from Kane. That basically happens anyways but some scenes would be more blatant about it.
Darn.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
That's what I mean, I was under the impression MC was stealing Emi from Kane. That basically happens anyways but some scenes would be more blatant about it.
Darn.
Ya no, netorare would be the girls sleeping with characters other than the MC, that's what was removed.
Stealing them from Kane and sabotaging his relationship with all of them has pretty much been the whole game. Since only Emi and Ophelia were even close to Kane they were the only ones who'd really have the opportunity for overt cuck dialogue about him. Don't get me wrong, I love this story and the characters in it so I wouldn't mind more but you can only drag it out so much before it starts getting worse. I think it's pretty well developed and that the dev is probably right to finish it up and move onto FWB2.

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Ya no, netorare would be the girls sleeping with characters other than the MC, that's what was removed.
Stealing them from Kane and sabotaging his relationship with all of them has pretty much been the whole game. Since only Emi and Ophelia were even close to Kane they were the only ones who'd really have the opportunity for overt cuck dialogue about him. Don't get me wrong, I love this story and the characters in it so I wouldn't mind more but you can only drag it out so much before it starts getting worse. I think it's pretty well developed and that the dev is probably right to finish it up and move onto FWB2.
That's fair. It would have been a fun couple of scenes though. This type of thing is rare but so good in a futa context.
But it's ultimately the dev's choice.
Thanks for the info.

Windchaser

Jul 12, 2021
- I'm a bit weirded out by the car octavia did drive. wasn't the game supposedly fantasy?
Well, lots of fantasy has cars. Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Dresden Files, the Trails series, Atelier stuff. I just figured the car used magic and was hella expensive.

Reactions: lizaardt
May 24, 2020
I've seen a lot of talk about the art of this game and AI, and I don't know why I'm bothering to do this but I'm just going to say that I'm pretty much positive the art in this game is AI traced.

*Skipped text from original post*

So yeah, I think everything here points to the art in this game being AI traced.
Well, that's easily can be seen though. But the biggest issue is AI art which blatantly wasn't even hidden, like previous hero, some NPCs and etc. Also some small pictures, which instantly makes you sad. Anyway... If you wish people to stop donating to such artists/hentai games devs, try to talk with those who donates money. But i am not sure if it'll work, considering how many artists use AI for their art and how many people still pays them a lot of money

Well, i am not someone who pays on patreon or donates for translation in novels(people try to grab money for MTL!!!). So i dont see a reason to be involved in such matters, unless i paid once and found out, that all art was AI traced.

lizaardt

Feb 25, 2018
Daily UtU feedback - part 3.

Bubble barrier "feedback" (that i'm tempted to call bugs): in summary
- you can end with more shield than you started (when it "auto recast" and have more than 1 turn left, it basically give you free shield)
- It does not behave at all as the tooltip made me think it would

From it in game description ("Gain 10% HP as shield per turn left on this spell"), I was expecting something like : "every turn while bubble blast is active, clear bubble's shield, and add remaining turn * 0.1 * maxHP shield". The in game behavior seems to be:
- When you cast (or it proc), gain a nbTurnLeft * 0.1 * maxHp shield
- Every turn, if bubble barrier is active loose 0.1 maxHP shield
I don't think the current tooltip suit that behavior ("Gain 10% HP as shield per duration of the spell, that shield decay every turn bubble barrier is active" would be a better description) ; and it is potentially give you way more than duration * 0.1 * maxHP shield, depending on the amount of proc and when they happens. I'm undecided yet on how balanced I think it is.

Suggestion
- When you take damage with a shield on ; the damage number popup appear on the life bar and not the shield ("why I'm taking damage I have a shield! Oh wait, it's just the damage display that's there)
- Goblin merchant can do a trade of 1 enchanted crystal for a lots of E (I was able to finish a run with 250+ emerald without having these unlocked - it feel a bit too strong)
- When the shield shatter it make a "icy" sounds (which does not make much sense now than it's the bubble barrier that give you shield). Changing it may be a good idea

Bug
- Ice wall's armor expire before you take damage. Which mean 1. It last one less turn and 2. the opponent damage estimation is wrong (since it take ice wall into account) ; and 3. since ice wall bug/reduce your def when it expire you better not touch it at all.
- Lily's Dark queen display 0.0 bonus to damage at LV 1 ; then 0.4 at lv 2 (and then it correctly increment .2 by .2)
- When you kill a mob by triggering a reaction with thing that don't consume a turn, the combat does not seem to end (not sure if that one is a bug)

Reactions: TwistedScarlett60
4.70 star(s) 63 Votes