MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
but you need to post it to your update..so every one here knows its been updated.
I typically don't push for the update on here until I know have a solid build. Which I don't have right now. I have to to do a new build already. Once it's been a few days without people telling me stuff is broken, I'll get the thread updates.

Reactions: tonicase24

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
MercernayMage

You know I really enjoy the world building. I'll agree this is not that much of a game and might be better as a book, but I wouldn't call it boring. Though the new combat mechanics are a welcome addition and a step in the right direction (and do I detect some 5th edition D&D influence?). My character in a friend's D&D campaign has even starting working on a Troubleshooters organization of her own.

I especially like how you handle setting your wizards and demons apart from their generic counterparts. The fleshcrafter was a wonderful encounter. Got me thinking though. If the goal of demons is to make good stories of heroism and sacrifice... what does that make game developers? :-D

No offense taken. I understand. I can't really stop you from pirating my stuff, but I can politely ask that you don't.
You could also incentivize against it, though how successful that would be isn't clear. Some kind of perks released on a schedual for everyone, not just patreons. Any month the current patreon version is available on pirate sites is a month the perks don't happen. Things like extra scenes (simple ones), artwork, character customization options, etc. Make sure to announce them the week/month before so people know what they are missing out on when the game is pirated. And don't revisit a perk that didn't happen for at least a year.

You'd basically be using peer pressure against the pirates. People who want the perks will bash the pirates rather than you. Of course there will be people who try to twist this into some kind of wrong-doing on your part... but the reality is you are making a fair trade. You give extra, free content in return for not posting the patreon version. It's up to the pirates to decide if they want it or not.

Now if you'll excuse me I must flee for my life from this sudden outbreak of pitchfork and torch carrying villagers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tevildo77

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
MercernayMage

You know I really enjoy the world building. I'll agree this is not that much of a game and might be better as a book, but I wouldn't call it boring. Though the new combat mechanics are a welcome addition and a step in the right direction (and do I detect some 5th edition D&D influence?). My character in a friend's D&D campaign has even starting working on a Troubleshooters organization of her own.

I especially like how you handle setting your wizards and demons apart from their generic counterparts. The fleshcrafter was a wonderful encounter. Got me thinking though. If the goal of demons is to make good stories of heroism and sacrifice... what does that make game developers? :-D
I'm working on getting more gameplay into unyielding. It's a slow process, but I've made big strides in the last few months.

I hope your Troubleshooter's guild goes well!

I thought long and hard about calling my demons something else. They have no relation (that I know of) to earth based mythology. I went with calling them that because I hate made up fantasy names and also don't like proper noun spam (looking at you, Destiny).

As for what a game developer is, they are neither angel nor demon. Just tired creatures trying to make people happy :)

You could...
Nope :)

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
0.1.11.6 hot fix

This fixes the bug where The Reward (from completing the Blackfire line) doesn't appear.

.11 is the release that just won't die.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
I'm working on getting more gameplay into unyielding. It's a slow process, but I've made big strides in the last few months.

I hope your Troubleshooter's guild goes well!

I thought long and hard about calling my demons something else. They have no relation (that I know of) to earth based mythology. I went with calling them that because I hate made up fantasy names and also don't like proper noun spam (looking at you, Destiny).

As for what a game developer is, they are neither angel nor demon. Just tired creatures trying to make people happy :)
Nah, call them demons. It gives people at least a keystone to start from that you can then explain what makes them different from the demons you are used to.

The spin you put on them is exactly enough to radically redefine what they are in-universe without changing their literary function. They are dangerous entities with unfathomable powers and unwholesome intent for mortals. But they aren't fallen angels. They aren't interested in souls. They don't hate all that is good in the world. They don't serve some prime evil. What they are is walking, talking literary foils. All of which makes them fresh and interesting without taking away the sense of danger and menace they impart on the reader. In fact, you've avoided the trap of making them Just-Another-Monster that D&D and many other fantasy works grapple with.

And I like how you make wolves mythical rather than mundane. It's an interesting twist on expectation. We the readers know what a wolf is and none of us doubt their existence. But clearly the concept is a bit ill defined and suspect for the inhabitants of the isles (since no reputable sighting exists). It puts the reader in an odd but interesting position of re-balancing their understanding of mundanity. Instead of being just a common beast wolves are the Isle's Big Foot. And with this small, seemingly unimportant shift away from the expected norms you throw into question a lot of a assumptions readers will have... which can make them feel the discovery of your world and the events in it more acutely.

Similarly, you make fantasy gods interesting again. They feel less like the gods as we normally see them in fantasy and more like native american spirits or shinto kami (of which, the kitsune... eg Perjury... are well known members) or even the nature spirits of the Celts & Vikings. Not beings which truly care about mortals... but more beings with agendas of their own which mortals give offerings both physical and spiritual in order to curry favor and placate. Again, it's unusual enough in the modern, western context to be fresh and interesting and spark curiosity.

All of which is to say, again, I love your world building. Your writing is solid in general. Good characterization. Solid pacing. But your world building is a cut above even more main-stream content. Your writing is clearly a strong point. Possibly one of your strongest points. You're right to lean on it... even if some of the mouth breathers will whine at having to use their brains at the same time they jerk their cocks. So don't get discouraged from your writing. It's what makes you different from the cookie cutter stuff this and other sites are flooded with. You won't make every one happy, and if you try you'll make no one happy. So make happy the people who are starved for what only a handful of developers can give them... well written smut.

I really would totally read this as a book. But I'm certainly not gonna complain about getting more gameplay either. And the most recent gameplay additions leave little to complain about aside from their sparseness. I think you are on the right track there.

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
Might be a stupid question but can you dodge being "raped" by guys and just go for pure lesbian or futa route?
By design. During the cult raid scene, make sure you don't kill anyone (turning off combat makes that much easier and you can turn combat back on). The story lines you'll be looking for are "More drinks with Danica" (turns into the vial), "Help Lizette" and "Gwyn and Lucy". "Perjury" has a follow up story called "The Reward" that you'll also like. You get that in "Perjury" by following the mage, and then winning the fight that follows that.

tonicase24

May 10, 2019
yourdesire8 well i only play the games that have a female protagonist.just not into watching a guy in any way..now girls going at it,is fucking hot..so no thanks keep the guy dominate games.give this girl..more girl on girl. yuri is love,yuri is life <3

Addictions

Jan 5, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed this game so far.
Great art, short but pleasing stories and fun characters. Great letting people choose what happens to them
I'm looking forward to what the future brings on this. I'm seeing if I can afford backing this.

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017
By design. During the cult raid scene, make sure you don't kill anyone (turning off combat makes that much easier and you can turn combat back on). The story lines you'll be looking for are "More drinks with Danica" (turns into the vial), "Help Lizette" and "Gwyn and Lucy". "Perjury" has a follow up story called "The Reward" that you'll also like. You get that in "Perjury" by following the mage, and then winning the fight that follows that.
Thanks for the reply mate :), will check it out!

4.20 star(s) 32 Votes