Mod Completed Urban Demons [v0.8.2 | FNFZone Mod Ver. 5.5 + Bug Fix G]

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
I'm thinking into take Chilly's advice, so first what coding language should I learn and secondly what program do I have to download to fix it?
Well, Chilly really hasn't done any "coding" in the script writing sense, but if you wanna try your hand at learning scripts I think this is in the c range. C++ or something like that. Honestly I only got like 2 semesters of coding in college and the first one was a gimme since the professor was arrested. What I'm saying is, I don't know the exact language for this code but try there. As for the program, you need RPG Maker Ace, your choice of photoshop program if you want to make art. My choice is Paint.net, but I think Chilly used something else. From there its just learning RPG Maker's rules. I'm happy to help, but I can be busy from time to time if you have questions about things. My only caution is don't edit scripts until you are knowledgeable with them. One mistake and you're back at square one. Good luck!

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Coding in RPG Maker VX/VX Ace is typically done in Ruby, which is kinda/sorta/maybe different from C/C#/C++?

It doesn't make a whole lotta sense unless you've got a background in it, anyway.

Good job ChillyScholar! More than I've done today...

Reactions: CrimsonINC

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
Really all you need to do is learn any coding to understand how it works and learn the basics, then just learn the differences between them and BAM! you're a coder. Still wouldn't recommend doing it willy nilly as its more fragile than a maiden's heart. Change just ONE wrong code and suddenly you can no longer name anything you want. Unless you want their name to be 1-12 empty boxes. One last lesson to anyone who wants to tamper with scripting in RPG Maker, unlike most coding, don't just copy and paste scripts from other games. Not even other RPG Maker games, there is a lock-out mechanic against that. Basically you'll get an error stating the "stack is too high" and there is no way to fix it. You'd have to re-download the game and start ALL over. Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

Cochiloco55

Jan 4, 2020
Welcome to the thread! The mod, in its current form, is considered "complete", and the creator Chilly is working on his own game. There are still a few independent content creators that are doing some art and scene edits that may get implemented later, but a general rule of thumb is to take the thread tag at its word. Enjoy!
Thank you!
I really hope Urban Demons keeps updating ):
and... Where can I see more of this new ChillyScholar game? :)

Oct 16, 2019
Really all you need to do is learn any coding to understand how it works and learn the basics, then just learn the differences between them and BAM! you're a coder. Still wouldn't recommend doing it willy nilly as its more fragile than a maiden's heart. Change just ONE wrong code and suddenly you can no longer name anything you want. Unless you want their name to be 1-12 empty boxes. One last lesson to anyone who wants to tamper with scripting in RPG Maker, unlike most coding, don't just copy and paste scripts from other games. Not even other RPG Maker games, there is a lock-out mechanic against that. Basically you'll get an error stating the "stack is too high" and there is no way to fix it. You'd have to re-download the game and start ALL over. Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.
I have some minimal background with armino, but yeah, probably gonna take some courses online

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
In other news, anyone besides chilly know how to make sprites? I want them made for the nightmare rescue busts.
Later...

Civilians9-nude-2.png Civilians9.png Civilians9-nude.png Civilians9-2.png

On a related note, I made more sprites for Cycle, top row ones are to be randomly placed across the several cities in game while the bottom are all made for the Wild West town I made yesterday.
Starting from the top row the tan woman is based off this by LovelyDagger, the woman next to her is based on dandonfuga's character (and I only realized it was an actual character while trying to find the source), then we have the of the dude that abandoned Ash's Gengar, and lastly on this row is a random from Madagascar 3.
On the bottom row we start with the that was almost turned into a vampire in The Witch and The Beast, from the comic ShadowGate Saga: Raven, a cowgirl design by Alissabuns/Nauth le Roy (used a different cowboy hat for her than the one I usually use, might keep using this one in the future), and finally a madame based on the madame from the comic Perpetual Son by Slim2K6 as drawn by Aeolus06.
I'm gonna go keep working on that town and other map work now.

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
And how would you stop me? Muhahaha!!
Just cuz you make them, doesn't mean I have to use them? If you wanna waste time, then by all means go for it.
Lmao what? Story time, pls
Do you honestly expect me to know\remember something over 5 years ago? I just remember the new professor said "I don't normally teach this class, but the previous one is under investigation. You'll have to deal with me for a bit." and he kept "teaching" the whole semester. I only heard the old professor was arrested because I had the same professor the next semester for "Coding 101" or something. Fun fact: that professor made the game Bacon Man alongside some of my fellow students.

Reactions: BruceMcGivern

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I figured out how to make huge parallax maps without any issues, they can be as big as they want, they won't look so weird and shrunk down anymore, it's perfect! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Reactions: CrimsonINC
4.50 star(s) 13 Votes