Mod Completed Urban Demons [v0.8.2 | FNFZone Mod Ver. 5.5 + Bug Fix G]

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes
D

Deleted member 3317160

Quick update in response to Belmont (apologies for the delay): I'm seeing the same issues as Outlaw. Neither executable works properly after messing with it in the Maker (or even not messing with it; I literally opened the game, clicked Ctrl+S to save, and then closed Maker), and I've verified that they're not set to open fullscreen and that the Ace RTP has been downloaded.

So... yeah. Shit's weird.

EDIT: After some more tinkering, it definitely seems like the issue is tied to launching in fullscreen in some way. Specifically, after saving the game file in the Maker, the game seems to think it's launching in fullscreen (i.e. it looks the exact same, as far as what parts of images are cropped out, etc.) even when launching in a window, regardless of which executable is used. Not sure if that's significant or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
Then show me a screenshot of your Urban Demons folder. I can only guess maybe there's a file missing or something. Like I said, I fresh downloaded the mod, no problems, I modded it heavily, no problems with Urban Demons exe.

D

Deleted member 3317160

As requested, screenshots of, in order:
- The Urban Demons file, freshly extracted
- What happens when the Urban Demons executable is opened
- What happens when the Urban Demons executable is opened after the game file is booted up in Maker, Ctrl+S is hit without making any alterations whatsoever, and Maker is closed

Like I said, game seems to think it's opening in fullscreen, even when it's not. Chilly mentioned the system file resetting itself; could that be a factor?

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
As requested, screenshots of, in order:
- The Urban Demons file, freshly extracted
- What happens when the Urban Demons executable is opened
- What happens when the Urban Demons executable is opened after the game file is booted up in Maker, Ctrl+S is hit without making any alterations whatsoever, and Maker is closed

Like I said, game seems to think it's opening in fullscreen, even when it's not. Chilly mentioned the system file resetting itself; could that be a factor?
Yup, that's the system file error, the .DLL for Urban Demons is custom and resets itself to the default format for RPG Maker whenever the game gets edited, meaning whenever you save on RPG Maker, even if you make no actual changes like in your example. Extract the file from here and keep it as a backup somewhere on your device then copy and paste it into the System folder after editing the game.

Reactions: Razhat

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
I... feel like there's something else going on here. I see no problems ever with editing the mod or my own/the original version no matter what the version. I guess the only way to fix it is to do what Chilly says and just have that file as a backup and copy and paste it after editing it. This truly perplexes me, but its time for me to disappear again for Huniepop 2. Oh, and other important stuff too... yeah...

Lupin the 3rd

Sep 21, 2019
ok. If you say so. It´s a bit confusing, the Thread says 0.8.2, the Mega file 0.8, the OP says "Updated 25th June 2020" and "last edited 23 December 2020".

So I didn´t know for sure that it has the full 1.1 Version in it. Maybe you should update the Thread Name into v. 1.1 :unsure:

Reactions: BoycottedGuy
D

Deleted member 3317160

Yup, that's the system file error, the .DLL for Urban Demons is custom and resets itself to the default format for RPG Maker whenever the game gets edited, meaning whenever you save on RPG Maker, even if you make no actual changes like in your example. Extract the file from here and keep it as a backup somewhere on your device then copy and paste it into the System folder after editing the game.
Did the trick. Massive thanks to Chilly and Belmont for helping me troubleshoot.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Yo, I knew Desto was an art thief but I didn't think something like this would happen! They straight up used one of Bison's scenes here!! I've been trying to figure out how to make a male version of it too... fuck it, I'm stealing it back! Screenshot_20210211-021355_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210211-021517_Gallery.jpg

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes