Mod Completed Urban Demons [v0.8.2 | FNFZone Mod Ver. 5.5 + Bug Fix G]

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Who'd she kill? The party.

You do know routers need to update every now and then right? Either that or you have a hidden limit that you plowed through already. XD
How do you update a router? Also it's only my laptop having this issue, everything else in my house can connect to it fine

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
They do it by themselves overnight, but if you unplug then re-plug the power it also does an update. If its just the laptop then its not an update going on and I cannot help you my friend.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, already plugged it on and off already so it would already been updated. A couple videos I've found said to change preamble to long from device manager, I might try that later.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Went on device manager, right clicked the adapter, and selected to update the driver software, it updated and that seems to have fixed the problem (proof is that I'm posting this from my room after roughly 10 minutes of use, yeah, it got so bad that I couldn't even consistently be online for even 5 minutes...)

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Then why is it only my device with the issue? As I said everything else is fine, so shouldn't everything be fucked up

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Changed the preamble and it made it worse. Seriously this has to be a distance issue or something is in my walls because the connection messes up both when no one else is home and when everyone's home. I don't know what else to do.

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
Not if you're the last one to tap into the wifi. Its like first come first serve, at least that's what I've been told. May be complete bullshit for as far as I know.

I heard lead walls or something can cause some interference. I'm trying to figure this out with you, but its possible I'm just saying crazy stuff I'm told.

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
I'm doing some research and if its the router than its probably either placed somewhere where devices are interfering with it either other wifis in the area or just too close to a microwave. Another one is changing the channel you're on at the router's website. I couldn't find anything about why a single device has problems though. Guessing I was told wives tales or whatever they're called. Hope this helps pal. :(

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I'll see what I can do later, the ethernet cable is looking like a good option at this point since a 100 ft one is less than 10 bucks

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Until my issues with my laptop are fixed, any post I make that doesn't include images will be done on mobile. Gonna save what little internet time I'm given on the big stuff like sprites, map layouts, etc.

D

Deleted member 3317160

Weird question, apologies if it's been asked/answered already.

So, when I download and run the game/mod, it works fine. But if I mess with it in RPGMaker at all, suddenly the images it loads are fucked up, like the game window is zoomed in too far (messing with the resolution in-game does nothing). Deleting the whole thing and reextracting solves the problem, but it's kind of a bummer to not be able to tinker with things without it ruining the actual game.

Any advice or insight is appreciated, especially if the answer's super-obvious and I'm just an idiot who can't see it.

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
I'm gonna guess you're opening up the "game" file and not the "Urban Demons" file. For some reason it zooms in when you choose game. Open Urban Demons and you shouldn't have a problem. If that's not the case, idk how to help.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I think he means the how the system file resets itself when editing the game, I'll upload the backup at a later time

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I might be off for awhile, I used what time I had to save a bunch of reference images to my laptop's desktop. It's completely full of characters that need sprites made.

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
I'm probably gonna disappear as well. There are new games coming out plus I need to do some stuff for my personal mod anyways that I've been neglecting. I'll check in every now and then, but don't expect any new content for awhile. Toodles!

77outlaw77

Feb 16, 2018
I downloaded and fired up the mod for the first time in a while, and I'm actually getting the resolution bug that the other guy described as well. Seem to get it opening either executable, even with a fresh install. Not getting it with other VX games. Am I missing something?

Deleted member 40325

May 22, 2017
Ok, I'm coming back to answer this question and I hope this doesn't sound like me being an asshole. I have no idea what the problem is. I just downloaded the mod from the front page extracted it and modded it even further. I added a transfer to the test map, changed a bust, added an image, added a dialogue, add some text, edited a common event, etc. I ran into no problems when running the Urban Demons executable. The Game executable does do the zoomed in thing but Urban Demons never had that problem. My only conclusion is you're just opening the Game executable or you have it set as launch in fullscreen which Urban Demons doesn't work with. Outlaw, I know you said its with either one, but I've tried to mod literally everything I could to trigger this glitch aside from messing with the script editor, which most likely would just give me error messages rather than glitch out on me. I'm trying to help solve this problem, but if I don't run into it I can't help. My only advice to people who run into this problem is make sure you don't have launch in fullscreen on, make sure you have Ace downloaded, and make sure to open Urban Demons and not Game. Hope that helps?

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes