Mod Completed Urban Demons [v0.8.2 | FNFZone Mod Ver. 5.5 + Bug Fix G]

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
I'm playing this mod for the first time right now and even from the mere hour or so I've sunk into it I've noticed so many cozy changes. I wish there could be a mod like this for every "finished" game.
Could you please explain what you mean by cozy changes?

NephilRod

May 13, 2019
Could you please explain what you mean by cozy changes?
Well generally I meant quality changes and the expansion/rework of areas.

re:QoL I remember on old playthroughs of the unmodded game I would find doing any of the storylines involving the park tiresome because walking from one end to the other was a slog. Now with the teleport I can skip areas that are too-big. Also being able to wash the church windows to earn money reliably is a lifesaver.

re:areas I love the new areas like the church or the arcade. They have a certain warmth or livliness that a lot of the original areas didn't. I'd suspect it's because there are NPCs walking around so it doesn't feel dead. The areas for the store where there are actual streets to walk between the multiple stores are very nice too. The streets don't feel overly wide (like the streets in the housing area for instance) and the distances between shops are long enough that you feel like you're "doing something" without it feeling like an intentional time waster. Also I can't say for certain if things are changed or if I just have a bad memory but the house feels a lot more 'warm' too. New spritework perhaps?

I haven't spent enough time on the new characters to really have an opinion yet (grandma looks promising) and so far I've liked all of the reworked artwork I've seen. I especially like Kimberly's rework, having her face actually look asian makes her a lot more distinct.

Since I've got your attention I'll complain about the two bad things I've encountered so far :p. I've gotten locked on the overworld map when attempting to go to the question mark in the bottom right of the map...Said I couldn't go there and then I could not move off of it, teleport away, or access the menu. Similarly I've gotten locked when the event plays for the teacher getting chewed out by the principal for kissing her husband. It triggered when I entered the area from the top entrance (like the one that goes to the cafeteria) instead of the bottom entrance and I think it was unable to complete because of the MC sprite being in the wrong place. Not huge problems since both times I just knew not to repeat my mistake but it can be frustrating if you haven't saved in a while.

Crasher92

Oct 7, 2017
Since I've got your attention I'll complain about the two bad things I've encountered so far :p. I've gotten locked on the overworld map when attempting to go to the question mark in the bottom right of the map...Said I couldn't go there and then I could not move off of it, teleport away, or access the menu. Similarly I've gotten locked when the event plays for the teacher getting chewed out by the principal for kissing her husband. It triggered when I entered the area from the top entrance (like the one that goes to the cafeteria) instead of the bottom entrance and I think it was unable to complete because of the MC sprite being in the wrong place. Not huge problems since both times I just knew not to repeat my mistake but it can be frustrating if you haven't saved in a while.
both these are well known, and there are way to "save" your save-file from these softlocks.

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Re:QoL I remember on old playthroughs of the unmodded game I would find doing any of the storylines involving the park tiresome because walking from one end to the other was a slog. Now with the teleport I can skip areas that are too-big. Also being able to wash the church windows to earn money reliably is a lifesaver.
The original game doesn't use parallax mapping for the park, which caused the slowdown. The mod uses parallax mapping so now it runs softly for the park and several other areas as such as the town in the Otherworld. It actually took me a long time to figure out parallax mapping myself. The teleports still exist because I know some people will still prefer to use that method instead.
You can also earn money at the park via working for the fisherman.

re:areas I love the new areas like the church or the arcade. They have a certain warmth or livliness that a lot of the original areas didn't. I'd suspect it's because there are NPCs walking around so it doesn't feel dead. The areas for the store where there are actual streets to walk between the multiple stores are very nice too. The streets don't feel overly wide (like the streets in the housing area for instance) and the distances between shops are long enough that you feel like you're "doing something" without it feeling like an intentional time waster. Also I can't say for certain if things are changed or if I just have a bad memory but the house feels a lot more 'warm' too. New spritework perhaps?
The church was made by Xalenda , the arcade was made by MystZER0 (he even made maps for the official release!) Several other new maps were either also made by them or by Darwin7 , bubajn , or me.
I'm glad you like the new street ways for the stores but I will admit I was lazy when making them, they are simply modified versions of the original shopping area.
Adding extra NPCs around was mostly my own idea, I dislike having areas that feel dead. Which reminds me that I need to add more NPCs to the areas within my own game...
Some of the houses do have some alterations to them, but it's not much. And yes, several things in the mod itself have new sprite work done. I like making sprites, the thread probably knows this all to well.

I haven't spent enough time on the new characters to really have an opinion yet (grandma looks promising) and so far I've liked all of the reworked artwork I've seen. I especially like Kimberly's rework, having her face actually look asian makes her a lot more distinct.
Seems like you are talking about the "more realistic" images done by SecretSal .
We, as in the people of the thread itself, established the head-canon of Kimberly being Asian super early on, and then official release 0.9 pretty much confirmed the head-canon when it gave her the last name Patel!
Grandma is best girl and I love her. I love her so much that I have her cameo in my own game, I might even promote her to main character status in the future...

Coding the overworld map is difficult, I'll admit that I'm still figuring it out, but I should be able to fix it... one day...
The bug fix fixes the issue with Mrs Jennings and Ms Taylor, for the most part... This post actually made me go back and make some more alterations to those events in order to avoid even further issues.

I'm waiting on a few things because I release another "update" with the game and bug fix combined together. I'll be sure to include the compressed images by Cloud64 and compile it in a 7Zip file so that the download isn't like 10 Gigabytes or something. I learned my lesson okay!

On a related note, the scenes for the genie harem all have dialogue. I just need to make sprites for them, and code in the events for them, and you know, actually make the scenes for them...

Reactions: Crasher92

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Urban Demons mod update(!?!?):
I'll likely either have to reuse older mod original scenes or reuse some Cycle scenes for the genie harem due to several factors that I'm currently dealing with...

paladino05

Nov 13, 2022
Hey Chilly, is there any chance you release an update for this mod? I just red the previous messages where you talk a lot about the development of the mod and else. That sort of made me very eager to see something new from you.

I've already pledged my love for this game and how amazing it is that there's this mod to expand it further. Since the original is finished, I'd love seeing new content for this.

Oh I almost forgot, I've played Cicle of Life and Sex, it's great, keep up the good work!

Reactions: ChillyScholar

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Hey Chilly, is there any chance you release an update for this mod? I just red the previous messages where you talk a lot about the development of the mod and else. That sort of made me very eager to see something new from you.

I've already pledged my love for this game and how amazing it is that there's this mod to expand it further. Since the original is finished, I'd love seeing new content for this.

Oh I almost forgot, I've played Cicle of Life and Sex, it's great, keep up the good work!
Years ago I said there would be genies in Maleficent's castle and now I'm finally working on making that a reality. That is what this next update will be about.
I still need to make sprites for the genies, I still need to make a scene for one (Eden from Aladdin), and I still need to properly code in all the events involving them.
I'm also waiting on some other things by other people here on the thread...

As I said before: I'll release the next "update" with the full game and bug fix combined together. I'll be sure to include the compressed images by Cloud64 and compile it in a 7Zip file so that the download isn't like 10 Gigabytes or something. I learned my lesson okay!

ChillyScholar

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Oct 2, 2017
Eden Missionary.gif

The final genie harem scene is now complete, it's a missionary scene of Eden from Aladdin, it's a variant of the missionary scene I used for Desiree in Cycle.

Reactions: sith225

crazybeaver

May 4, 2017
Genies... all i found about em: better you stealing - the higher rank you get. (Alladin was a thief)
Guys, will be more ass-poking content with mother?

4.50 star(s) 13 Votes