Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
5 years into making and only 1GB of content. Well, you know what they say; 'slow and steady wins the race'.
I've seen >2,5GB games with 250 png renders with normal 1080x1920 resolution, 10MB per file in average.
Here we have 2740 scene renders, 25 video clips and 7 jpg animations.
I know which one I prefer.

Considering that this is a one man gig, probably a hobby, for 5 years this is not the worst possible result. Slow and steady is definitely better than fast and dropped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ara-sH and botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hope someone can help me with this.
I'm guessing this is the online version, due to the smaller size? I think the last time I used the offline version and due to that I can't access any of my save games.
Is there a way to get the offline version, if not, is there a way to get my old saves to appear?
I know the usual way, that is linked to in the OP, but that doesn't work, because this version doesn't create a save file in the appdata/roaming folder.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Hope someone can help me with this.
I'm guessing this is the online version, due to the smaller size? I think the last time I used the offline version and due to that I can't access any of my save games.
Is there a way to get the offline version, if not, is there a way to get my old saves to appear?
I know the usual way, that is linked to in the OP, but that doesn't work, because this version doesn't create a save file in the appdata/roaming folder.
Everything the game needs to run is in that 1GB zip file, there is no need to be online to play it.

The previous version I played was v081 update 1. It was 4GB at the time.
And I had no probems with my old saves, they seem to be located in the "%appdata%\Urban Voyeur - Gold Version" (there seems to be a bunch of other persistent data files besides the save database files) and the new version opened old saves without any problems.

I don't know what your problem could be.

Last edited:
Reactions: botc76

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Everything the game needs to run is in that 1GB zip file, there is no need to be online to play it.

The previous version I played was v081 update 1. It was 4GB at the time.
And I had no probems with my old saves, they seem to be located in the "%appdata%\Urban Voyeur - Gold Version" and the new version opened old saves without any problems.
Okay, that's great. Thank you, but do you know where the new version stores its save files?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Okay, that's great. Thank you, but do you know where the new version stores its save files?
The new version is using the same files as the old one did.
Save data seems to be saved into several numbered *.ldb files, new data gets added to the same files that the previous version used.
Everything should work without any need to move the files around manually.

Maybe your old files got deleted or damaged?

Last edited:

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
The new version is using the same files as the old one did.
Save data seems to be saved into several numbered *.ldb files, new data gets added to the same files that the previous version used.
Everything should work without any need to move the files around manually.

Maybe your old files got deleted or damaged?
No, they are there when I load up the old version.
IDK; it seems like a completely different game. The new version has no exe, it only runs in a browser, while the old one is standalone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the save files aren't compatible at all, but I don't want to play through the same content for like the 10th time.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
What? The new version has an exe launcher, just like the previous one had! (Urban Voyeur - Gold Version.exe)
You don't happen to use Windows Defender as your AV? Maybe it snatched your exe file?

Is the MD5 hash of your zip file 8D7A8653161CD848029647A872E405E1 ?
In case it's not, then your download may be broken or not the same one I downloaded from MEGA.

Last edited:

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
What? The new version has an exe launcher, just like the previous one had! (Urban Voyeur - Gold Version.exe)
You don't happen to use Windows Defender as your AV? Maybe it snatched your exe file?

Is the MD5 hash of your zip file 8D7A8653161CD848029647A872E405E1 ?
In case it's not, then your download may be broken or not the same one I downloaded from MEGA.

Found the problem. I downloaded the compressed version by mistake. With the regular one, my saves are all there.
Thanks to your insistence, I checked again, and a veil lifted before my eyes, so to speak. :)

Reactions: Penfold Mole

lavera

May 25, 2021
Which are the correct answers?
Not sure if they're all the correct answers but this combination did the job:

"Agree with her",
"Go along with the concept of karma"
"Pretend you follow the zodiacs"
"Say the coffee is delicious"
"Compliment her body"

Reactions: Ninj77
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes