VN Ren'Py Completed V.I.R.T.U.E.S. Theodora's Lie [Ch. 3] [NoMeme]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
So, if only 4 episodes were planned, does that mean this one is complete, or is it exceeding expectations? ;)

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Uhm thats a very narrow way of seeing it. The dev gets paid for both and iirc the once who can request that stuff are paying a lot.
It's his $50 supporters I believe. A great way to show your $20 that you value one person over multiple of them.

I hate side stories to games because I think if they add value to the game or story, they should be in the main game.
If they don't add value the distract from the development of the main game. "What if's" are even worse because they add zero value and often include content that is against what most supports of the game like and drew them to the game. So they usually have the double negative of bad kinks (in the eyes of the majority of supporters and fans, aka the target audience) and detract from time spent on the main game.

I know the dev's of any game owe nothing to us here, but imo if you're going to solicite or take money from someone in support of developing your vn, you do owe it to them. Milkers, what ifs, side projects, alternate stories whatever are a breach of that obligation to the supporters. It it is something I've been thinking about for the last few days. I was going to say something similar in the radiant thread when people where discussing the time between updates. Simply put if people are paying you in support of a project, it's on you to honor that and produce to your best ability without delays or distractions.

maybe new what ifs...or side stories, i didn't check yet.
Considering it's posted here as part 4&5 of Theodora's lie, I'm going to assume it's more side story. I'm just confused as what I read before seemed to indicate it was finished.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Considering it's posted here as part 4&5 of Theodora's lie, I'm going to assume it's more side story. I'm just confused as what I read before seemed to indicate it was finished.
BC the main plot(AKA the canon-story) is done as far as i remember at least

Reactions: Naxos

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
It's his $50 supporters I believe. A great way to show your $20 that you value one person over multiple of them.

I hate side stories to games because I think if they add value to the game or story, they should be in the main game.
If they don't add value the distract from the development of the main game. "What if's" are even worse because they add zero value and often include content that is against what most supports of the game like and drew them to the game. So they usually have the double negative of bad kinks (in the eyes of the majority of supporters and fans, aka the target audience) and detract from time spent on the main game.

I know the dev's of any game owe nothing to us here, but imo if you're going to solicite or take money from someone in support of developing your vn, you do owe it to them. Milkers, what ifs, side projects, alternate stories whatever are a breach of that obligation to the supporters. It it is something I've been thinking about for the last few days. I was going to say something similar in the radiant thread when people where discussing the time between updates. Simply put if people are paying you in support of a project, it's on you to honor that and produce to your best ability without delays or distractions.

I honestly don't care if a dev does extra stuff for his patrons and you don't know how many of his patrons like or dislike the alternative scenes because it seems that people on patreon judge very differently from here.

BlueOrchid

Oct 27, 2020
Man. I love stanky feet. Esp. when they're covered in creamed corn and baked beans. We need them covered in creamed corn and baked beans for the footjobs going on in this game. Or at least touching rotten cottage cheese.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mcclem5257

Gman4672

Aug 6, 2018
These 2 Bonus Episodes should have been posted to the V.I.R.T.U.E.S. What If thread instead of this one. Because when you start them it says that they are a What If and even tells who commissioned them. One even takes place after the Main Games final Harem ending that isn't even out yet.

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
So is this different from what if scenario? They seem the same to me.

Edit: Maybe the links are wrong right now cause these are 100% identical to the what if scenario stories.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
wait isn't this extra episode not what if?
and in this extra tells about theo past?
i don't know, at this point the threads are three: Main game, Theo's past and What-ifs

i'm not even sure if i'm answering in the right one XD All i know that some extra(or what-ifs, i don't know which one) are placed in some sort of future of the main game

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes