FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
I kind of agree, that some would probably see sense and acquiesce.
But, dont forget, for some peoples\races\species, they have other things to consider:

- History - Their family may have been rulers for donkey's years. Maybe they'd rather die trying, than not try at all.
Conversely, they may have just taken power, so do not want to give it up without a fight.
- Pride\Ego - Perhaps they think they're smarter than the conquered peoples. Perhaps they think they have better troops, greater numbers, superior training, etc.
- Culture\Not wanting to be seen as weak - Perhaps they think that, if they roll over, the new Khan will lose all respect for them and assign one of the ruler's underlings as head of state. Or, say they get control back, the underlings who see them as weak may start a rebellion\civil war. If all underlings see them as weak, it will be over very quickly.

Not to mention, if they are isolated & don't welcome contact with other fiefs, they might not actually even know that MC has conquered all others.
This also applies to any who have recently taken power & do not have the networks established to receive such news.
Many justifiable reasons to not roll over.
-Everyone except for the Hawatians were already part of the Khaganate for ages, a fact that is being brought up in every parley. So "their family" were under the Khaganate for ages and are simply trading one Khan for another. Sure, your rule will definitely be with a way closer eye on them and way more direct orders than they are used to, but there is still a huge difference between that and them actually being independent for ages and forced to give up their independence.

-That makes sense when you have someone like the Orcs or the Hawatians, as each of them has something that they excel at way better than anyone you conquered up to that point (Strength/ Technological Advancements in the aforementioned cases) so they believe that having that something will be what allows them to beat you. That is exactly what has stopped making sense now.No one is more advanced than the Hawatians and no one is stronger than the Orcs (except for Ogres/Trolls, but they haven't been referenced so I am not sure they exist in this world. Even if they do they aren't the kind to build a kingdom with a king and a hierarchy, but I still would be fine with them not submitting. Maybe even the Centaurs in fear of you treating them like horses and riding them/using them as carriage.), yet you beat them and strengthened your army with them. So until you reach the western sister that one doesn't really work anymore.

-That one is plausible, but even in that scenario it would make no sense for them to insult and mock you like every wench so far has done in the parley. They would politely reject your request in this case.

-this isn't a series of far away and isolated Islands though. Each fiefdom has direct borders with many others, and we have seen multiple times during the infiltration missions that even the common people in far away locations know about your invasions (remember the discussion in the small town in the middle of the freaking desert when you had barely conquered anything?), let alone the freaking queen who is definitely updated on anything that endangers her reign.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Precisely. They were under the Khagnate for ages.
Now they're not. Now they are the power and authority in their fief.
I don't think many would want to give that up easily, especially not to a "usurper" with no authority.
Particularly not when siding with the usurper could easily provoke retaliation from the Khan.
Another reason for why none are rolling over, despite our growing list of victories.

It's not just about physical strength. It's merely about a form of perceived superiority.
Other peoples may see themselves as more intelligent, more resourceful, more crafty, than others.
You don't need to be stronger than your opponent, if you can plan better, outhink, outmanoeuvre them.
Knowledge is power. If they know their lands better than we do, they should retain some form of advantage.

They haven't insulted & mocked me in every parley.
Some they have tried to present themselves as powerful, as a bravado attempt to mask their inexeperience.
Some have taken\usurped power, some have inherited it.
Not all of them have been in power for long enough to know how to wield it.

I agree that some should be treating us as a more credible threat, but that's only those with the knowledge & experience.

Yes, they do border other fiefs. But that doesn't mean anything, unless they have established contact or spy networks providing them with information from those neighbours & others.
Those without such networks, may not have access to such information.
-They still are under your mother's Khaganate. Many of them even directly mention their allegiance to your mother and her Khaganate during the parleys. The Wakabians clearly support your mother's Khaganate too.

-I never said or implied that it is only about physical strength. Why would I even mention the Hawatians if it was only about physical strength? I clearly said " each of them has something that they excel at way better than anyone you conquered up to that point (Strength/ Technological Advancements in the aforementioned cases) so they believe that having that something will be what allows them to beat you.". The difference is that almost all the big specialties that are helpful in a war (strength, cunning, technology, gorilla warfare, etc) have been met and defeated by you, and then incorporated into your army. Your army now is a combination of all the best parts from every group. There aren't that many specialties left that would convince their wielder that his one specialty can defeat the combined power of all the other specialties in your army.

-Almost all of them have either insulted or mocked the player in the parley. And not a single one treated him with anything even close to the respect of a fellow ruler visiting them.

-Again,the game its self clearly shows that you and your achievements have been known far and wide for ages. It is pretty much impossible at this point for anyone of note in the Eastern Sister to not have heard of you. The Western Sister sure, due to the Sea of Knives (and even then I would argue that most have considering how much time has passed since you started), but not the Eastern Sister.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
They are going to be targeted by one of the two sides anyway lol. This is a literal world war with no "Switzerland Neutrality" option. Everyone is in the eye of the storm anyway. The one major difference is that your side has been dominant and unstoppable and your mother's side has been losing fiefdoms like flies.

And you are placing way too much weight on that "Usurper" thing lol. Each side in the war is calling the other "The Usurper". You and your group claim that you are the rightful Khan and your mother usurped you and she and her group claim the opposite. That name is just another claim both of you are making with pretty much no one outside a very select few having any clue who is saying the truth and who is lying. Which "usurper" of the two is the true one is beyond irrelevant to any ruler with a brain who is stuck in the middle of this world war.

Anyway, we have both explained our points, and the decision and final word on all of that is of course up to the developer.

Quadrifrons

Jun 26, 2020
lol So, if some dude turns up tomorrow and illegitimately demands all of your possessions, would you treat them with respect & just turn your stuff over? "Here, have the keys to my house & car & take my bank account, too! Can I offer you a drink, while you're waiting?" :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Or would you treat them with contempt & tell them to fuck off?

I know which one I'd choose & it seems that the rulers do, too.
Has the dude in question conquered half a continent in the recent past? Because I feel like that would impact upon my decision.

Macamazon

Oct 17, 2017
someone please tell me how to pass Geudeoksan and Chingun quest what is the right answer? because the traders appear as wrong

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
someone please tell me how to pass Geudeoksan and Chingun quest what is the right answer? because the traders appear as wrong
Quoting from the which can be accessed from within the FAQ page in the game and this thread's first message: "Fahda’s Mansion can only be accessed after you have visited the Traders Post and learned what a good trading route consists of. A route consists of wares to purchase, location to buy them at and location to sell them at. If you can’t memorise, remember that each buy/sale towns starts with a unique letter so you don’t need to remember the full name, only the first letter of the town. If you made a mistake, you can return to the Traders Post and refresh your memory."

Macamazon

Oct 17, 2017
Quoting from the which can be accessed from within the FAQ page in the game and this thread's first message: "Fahda’s Mansion can only be accessed after you have visited the Traders Post and learned what a good trading route consists of. A route consists of wares to purchase, location to buy them at and location to sell them at. If you can’t memorise, remember that each buy/sale towns starts with a unique letter so you don’t need to remember the full name, only the first letter of the town. If you made a mistake, you can return to the Traders Post and refresh your memory."
Hello I think you somehow misunderstood the right answer is giving it incorrectly so I am confident here which option you used so I can confirm why I already tried all possible options and all of them ended up as incorrect I am asking for help as I am stuck on this part because for me somehow the game bugged and is not giving me access even with the right answer

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Hello I think you somehow misunderstood the right answer is giving it incorrectly so I am confident here which option you used so I can confirm why I already tried all possible options and all of them ended up as incorrect I am asking for help as I am stuck on this part because for me somehow the game bugged and is not giving me access even with the right answer
I just played this part in the same version you're playing (0.8.9) and I could find no bug. If you could send me a save file, I can try to see what problem you're running into.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Has the dude in question conquered half a continent in the recent past? Because I feel like that would impact upon my decision.
That's OK. Not everyone has to be the type of person who'd fight to defend what's theirs. GL with that. :ROFLMAO:

His "half a continent" worth of army was still smaller than the last fief's. :WeSmart:It's certainly smaller than the Khan's whole continent! :ROFLMAO:
If you had a bigger army than the guy on your doorstep with his illegitimate claim, demanding you give him your lands and title, you would treat him with respect & just turn your stuff over? Really!? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't. I'd treat him with the same contempt most of them do.

All of the rulers have shown a willingness to fight in defence of their land & title.
If they fight & win, they get a bonus from the Khan & possibly added status in the Khanate.
If they fight & lose, they work for the usurper, but they don't die. Not a single one of the other ex-rulers is dead. If the Khan takes the land back, they get rescued.
If they don't fight & just roll over, they get the same as if they fought & lost. Except the Khan will kill them for it, when she takes the land back with her force that's twice the size of the usurper's.

So, I think it's pretty obvious why they could want to fight, instead of rolling over & submitting.
Never mind the simple fact that they genuinely think they can win, due to superior numbers.
I certainly don't see any reason for them to treat him with any respect, given what he's demanding.

Last edited:

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
for the people who want a wench to surrender in the first negotiation
it would be really funny to introduce a wench that did so, except when you go to speak to her she acts all shifty and that she needs to think about it and as such you have to push wait for a 100 times with the option to give up available at any time untill she submits to the ultimatum

also you lose out on any interactions in her kingdom

Reactions: IPsycho

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
If they fight & lose, they work for the usurper, but they don't die. Not a single one of the other ex-rulers is dead. If the Khan takes the land back, they get rescued.
Depending on how you play the game, you can lock away all your conquest victims into a dingy dungeon and use them as breeding slaves—up until they die, for all anyone knows. That's probably a fate worse than death for a number of people.

Anyway, there could be one ruler who gives in to you, say after you infiltrate her to weaken her army. So she opposes you initially, but after you throw her army into disarray, she doesn't fight you anymore.

Or hell, you could pit two nations against one another, after which one of the nations comes asking for your help in subduing the other. Then bam! you got to nations to join up just like that.

Reactions: IPsycho

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
1. Conquer Marbia.
2. Impregnate Nahir on turn X. On turns X+20 till X+39 she'll be pregnant. You'll be able to have pregnant sex with her. On turns X+40 till X+48 she'll be recovering.
3. After turn X+48, she'll be available join you in Daoyuen.

If you impregnate her again go to step 2...
Ah ! Thanks Saar, exactly the information I needed. Already missed the opportunity in my main playthrough to take her along. Guess I can have a secondary playthrough just to unlock the scenes in the gallery and "experience" the mission with the pale child queen along for the ride.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Anyway, there could be one ruler who gives in to you, say after you infiltrate her to weaken her army. So she opposes you initially, but after you throw her army into disarray, she doesn't fight you anymore.
Yes, that could be sensible, for a ruler to recognise that they no longer have a bigger army because of MC's infiltration.
But Infiltration only happens after Parley.
So it still doesn't alter how she'd react during the parley, which is where the guy I responded to expects her to bow down.
What you're suggesting would require a second parley, post successful infiltration.

During the initial parley, they have a bigger army. So there is no reason for them to instantly simp & give up their lands or title.
There is also no reason for them to bow down & treat the usurper with respect, when he illegitimately demands their lands & title, during the initial parley.
They should be offended by this demand.

Yes, he has conquered the other fiefs. But that doesn't mean the next fief will, or should, roll over.
They have a bigger army, so they're perfectly justified in seeing themselves as the superior force.

Last edited:

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020
Hey Doorknob22 Mind if I ask for 2 things?
First: Is it possible for you to release the game on Steam?! Sadly Patreon has sanctioned my country.
Second: I'm not sure if you have plans for side chicks pregnancies for the ending but it would be nice for game to asks us if they want to see the ending with them or not?!
Especially since for some characters we needed to go for either Dominance or Seduction!

Thank you in advance.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Hey Doorknob22 Mind if I ask for 2 things?
First: Is it possible for you to release the game on Steam?! Sadly Patreon has sanctioned my country.
Second: I'm not sure if you have plans for side chicks pregnancies for the ending but it would be nice for game to asks us if they want to see the ending with them or not?!
Especially since for some characters we needed to go for either Dominance or Seduction!

Thank you in advance.
1. Steam is in the plans but it's complicated with many pros and cons for going there right now. For example: I have recently lost my job so this might present an opportunity, depending on whether I find a new job or not. As a hired employee I might be reluctant to sell the game on Steam since I'll have to pay taxes both for my salary and the game but if I don't Steam might be a good source of income. Did you consider joining my ?

2. As it happens, yesterday I started a poll for patrons on this topic. Version 0.9 will be about revisiting old flames, non-Wenches Quest Girls (aka QGs) you have met in your adventures and bred. Since Karder knocked them up, I was wondering if during the "Act 2 quest" patrons would want to have them pregnant or just have given birth "off screen" and are now ready for... more fun. Feel free to vote either on Patreon or SubStar.

Riversage

Nov 3, 2017
Might be jumping the gun on this but how close is the game to completion? Will we get a story and quests for each province on the map?

Not that I’m complaining since I’ve been having a blast playing the game. Good luck and Godspeed, Doorknob!

4.20 star(s) 117 Votes