TedInven

Apr 30, 2022
Maybe it's because I jumped from a version that was too old (0.6.9), but the gallery unlocker stopped working for my game.
Tried to do a fresh install, but my old saves keep popping up, no idea from where they come from
Usually the unlocker shouldn't interfere with your save files, as I only modify the gallery specific code. But I never actually played the game, so maybe it can be an issue.

As for the savefiles: They are also cached under C:\Users\__your_username__\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\GameFolder (in this case "Khan-xxxxxxxxxx") for some reason. Even if you delete the main folder, when you download a new game version the savefiles are somehow loaded from the cache from AppData.

t.zombie

Apr 25, 2020
Usually the unlocker shouldn't interfere with your save files, as I only modify the gallery specific code. But I never actually played the game, so maybe it can be an issue.

As for the savefiles: They are also cached under C:\Users\__your_username__\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\GameFolder (in this case "Khan-xxxxxxxxxx") for some reason. Even if you delete the main folder, when you download a new game version the savefiles are somehow loaded from the cache from AppData.
Thanks for the response.

So I deleted the savefile in the AppData and the Gallery Unlocker still doesn't work, so that eliminate savefiles as a possible reason for it.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Playing on Android and I am stuck at the elf infiltration.
I get a dark screen when I try to sneak into the fortress from the caves.
Only thing visible on the dark screen is the stopwatch. If I tap the top right corner I can forward time but that's it.
Any solutions?

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Playing on Android and I am stuck at the elf infiltration.
I get a dark screen when I try to sneak into the fortress from the caves.
Only thing visible on the dark screen is the stopwatch. If I tap the top right corner I can forward time but that's it.
Any solutions?
There should be a "Go! Go! Go!" button in the middle of the screen but it doesn't render properly on some Android phones. The thing is it's still there so once the time is in the right position, try clicking "blindly" until you find it.

I'll try to look into this again to see if there's something I can do.

Reactions: Mmushy

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
There should be a "Go! Go! Go!" button in the middle of the screen but it doesn't render properly on some Android phones. The thing is it's still there so once the time is in the right position, try clicking "blindly" until you find it.

I'll try to look into this again to see if there's something I can do.
Ok. I found it.
It was located at the upper left corner, right at the edge of the screen

Reactions: Doorknob22

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Fun activity: name Karder's flagship

In update 0.9, Karder can travel back to Waikokipia to oversee the re-launch of the Dark Harvest fleet. Ilga the Ram, now the navarch of the fleet, will offer him to name his flagship.

I'm looking for some cool suggestions for the flagship and as players you'll be able to choose from a list of names I liked. Here are some suggestions I came up with, feel free to bring your own (or just tell me mine are awesome):

1. Dear Mother

2. Coming Home

3. <MC's> vengeance

4. Breeder of the Twin Sisters

5. Hint at favorite Wench: "Sumia's Arse", "Nahir's Eyes", "Naruz's Thighs" etc'

Last edited:

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
1. Dear Mother

2. Coming Home

3. <MC's> vengeance

"Dear Mother" is definitely awesome. It relates to the martial purpose, alludes to the lewd conquences of the former, and is funny in a way that feels very fitting for Karder. "Coming Home" has 1 and 3 going for it, but it lacks the sexiness of the former. "Karder's Vengeance" is a bit meh - nothing wrong with it, but that's it. "Breeder of the Twin Sisters" is a bit too on-the-nose for my taste, but it probably has some takers (and it is clearly specific to the setting).

To add an idea of my own, "Reclaiming my Birthright". I like it less than "Dear Mother", but a little bit more than "Coming Home" - it has some more aggressiveness to it, and while it is not immediate, would lend itself to assertions by Karder that eg his mother's womb totally counts as part of his birthright (he vacated it back then, so he'll get to put in a new occupant).

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

In update 0.9, Karder can travel back to Waikokipia to oversee the re-launch of the Dark Harvest fleet. Ilga the Ram, now the navarch of the fleet, will offer him to name his flagship.

I'm looking for some cool suggestions for the flagship and as players you'll be able to choose from a list of names I liked. Here are some suggestions I came up with, feel free to bring your own (or just tell me mine are awesome):

1. Dear Mother

2. Coming Home

3. <MC's> vengeance

• Carpe Imperium
  • Pheonix Khan

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

1. Dear Mother

2. Coming Home

3. <MC's> vengeance

5. Hint at favorite Wench: "Sumia's Arse", "Nahir's Eyes", "Naruz's Thighs" etc'
1 is nice. Maybe Mother Dearest flows easier, but I like the idea in any case.
2 doesn't really work for me, grammatically. "I sailed aboard The Coming Home" just doesn't flow right to my ears. Adjusting it to a noun might help: The Homecoming?
3 and 4 are nice, but perhaps a bit wordy.
I like having 5 as a daft option, given that Karder is (or likes to play at being) an immature idiot. Just no Boaty McBoatface, please.

Given the long tradition of naming ships after animals, a couple of ideas:
The [Something] Eagle (The Sea Eagle, The Crimson Eagle, the White-Tailed Eagle, etc.): predatory, fast, plays on association of sails with birds
The Foam-Born Mare: nods to the Red Stallion's chosen, the sea, and (outside the world of the game) to the Greek goddess of sex

Or, in the vein of your no. 5, something completely blatant and on the nose: The Crowing Cock, The Spurting Prick, etc.

Do the options have to be predefined? Couldn't you just let the player enter their own text string to define the name? (Ideally as an additional option if they don't care for your predefined suggestions).

Reactions: gojira667

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
To add an idea of my own, "Reclaiming my Birthright". I like it less than "Dear Mother", but a little bit more than "Coming Home" - it has some more aggressiveness to it, and while it is not immediate, would lend itself to assertions by Karder that eg his mother's womb totally counts as part of his birthright (he vacated it back then, so he'll get to put in a new occupant).
Not a bad idea. Might be trimmed down just The Birthright or The Right of Birth.

Only thing you might want to be aware of is that the term has some particular assocations outside the game. In the US it's often associated with the Birthright Israel organization, which has faced some criticism from Pro-Palestinian voices (not really relevant to discuss here, just worth noting). Doesn't matter within the setting of the game of course, but might affect how it's perceived by some players.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019

1. Dear Mother

2. Coming Home

3. <MC's> vengeance

"The Motherfucker" Cause that is what should happen when he comes a knockin. "The Bow-legged-woman" lol. I got a degenerate mind.

Nineonenine

Aug 9, 2020
too bad there is no way to invite girls in your harem after you enjoy them at the dungeon. going back is kind of a pain....

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
too bad there is no way to invite girls in your harem after you enjoy them at the dungeon. going back is kind of a pain....
This is for purely for realism reasons. Some of the Wenches get it so bad in the dungeons, I couldn't bring myself to switch them to lovey-dovey scenes later on. Yes, there is the thing where after the post combat ravishment you can later seduce the Wench, but I felt that dungeon -> palace transition was simply unrealistic.

As a developer I always have to balance realism and gameplay, and this is a (rare) occasion where I choose realism over gameplay even though from purely gameplay point of view, switching between palace and dungeon freely is obviously a "better" option.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
This is for purely for realism reasons. Some of the Wenches get it so bad in the dungeons, I couldn't bring myself to switch them to lovey-dovey scenes later on. Yes, there is the thing where after the post combat ravishment you can later seduce the Wench, but I felt that dungeon -> palace transition was simply unrealistic.

As a developer I always have to balance realism and gameplay, and this is a (rare) occasion where I choose realism over gameplay even though from purely gameplay point of view, switching between palace and dungeon freely is obviously a "better" option.
I can respect that: Although obviously as a player I'd love as much freedom as possible, there has to be some practical restrictions.

Only place where that runs into trouble is in the places where you do allow it anyway, after the wench's "ch2" event. Because the concept is for the "dungeon" and "harem" options to be mutually exclusive, the dialogue if you do move someone to the harem after their follow-up event doesn't make a lot of sense: Karder's had someone as a fuckslave in his dungeon for months and suddenly starts all over romancing them from zero, as if they hadn't been forced to submit and shat out his brood already.

(Or at least that used to be the case, I haven't looked at it recently so things may have changed.)

Edit: Perhaps I should clarify that I think it's great that we get the option to release wenches from the dungeon after their follow-up event. I'd just suggest setting a flag when doing so to signify that they've already been bred and fully submitted, so skip the usual romance/seduction track.

Last edited:

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I can respect that: Although obviously as a player I'd love as much freedom as possible, there has to be some practical restrictions.

Only place where that runs into trouble is in the places where you do allow it anyway, after the wench's "ch2" event. Because the concept is for the "dungeon" and "harem" options to be mutually exclusive, the dialogue if you do move someone to the harem after their follow-up event doesn't make a lot of sense: Karder's had someone as a fuckslave in his dungeon for months and suddenly starts all over romancing them from zero, as if they hadn't been forced to submit and shat out his brood already.

(Or at least that used to be the case, I haven't looked at it recently so things may have changed.)

Edit: Perhaps I should clarify that I think it's great that we get the option to release wenches from the dungeon after their follow-up event. I'd just suggest setting a flag when doing so to signify that they've already been bred and fully submitted, so skip the usual romance/seduction track.
You're right. One of my action items for 0.9 is revisit the "palace to dungeon" and "act 2 switch palace and dungeon" flows and fix them.

w1nt34

Mar 17, 2020

1. Dear Mother

2. Coming Home

3. <MC's> vengeance

"The Wicked Bitch"

4.20 star(s) 123 Votes