bluefish69

Jan 17, 2021
are there some kind of troop movement delay or are the UI so bad at telling you things when you SEND TROOPS that does nothing? or did the latest update break the game to the point it's unplayable since you can't even garrison your fiefdoms

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
are there some kind of troop movement delay or are the UI so bad at telling you things when you SEND TROOPS that does nothing? or did the latest update break the game to the point it's unplayable since you can't even garrison your fiefdoms
As far as I can tell, it functions well enough to complete all of the content, but no, its not a sustainable kingdom in its current state.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
There's a 4 turns delay in troops movement. Having queen Teniya in your palace will reduce this delay to 3 turns.

Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

erkper

May 16, 2018
There's a 4 turns delay in troops movement. Having queen Teniya in your palace will reduce this delay to 3 turns.
Which is a lot more realistic - especially in it's time period/technology setting - even if it's somewhat irritating to be not as easy as instant transfers would be.

The only part of that I would like to see tweaked is that it would be nice if the game would tell you if you had troops on the way to a particular khaganate and how many turns until they arrive. Cause I sometimes lose track.

Oh, and I do see the negative troop values fairly often with this update, can't remember if I'd noticed it in previous updates...

erkper

May 16, 2018
How to take both alam and Domia?
Complete both routes, doesn't matter which for Alam, use the lust for battle route for Domia, not the lust for revenge route. Finish Alam first, then Domia, then go see Fahda. (Note that the bug still exists that if you fight Domia for the full 90 scales and subdue her - tie her up but don't rape her - you'll get Domia, Alam, and the full 90 scales. Yay, Karder is still an exploitative bastard!!!)

• Wow
Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
When you build a fort or a gold mine the troops or gold income does not reflect on the summary.
There's an option where you can build a gold mine to 'increase' the income for fiefdoms that already have a gold income, but this increase is not reflected either.

Also, 4 turns to convert army to garrison and back is just too long.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
When you build a fort or a gold mine the troops or gold income does not reflect on the summary.
There's an option where you can build a gold mine to 'increase' the income for fiefdoms that already have a gold income, but this increase is not reflected either.

The gold mine's increase only applies to the fiefdom it's located in, I believe.
Same with troops.
I also seem to remember that there's a limit on how many troops/how much gold you can reach &, once you reach that, neither will increase anymore.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
The gold mine's increase only applies to the fiefdom it's located in, I believe.
What use is it if the rest of the empire can't see it?
The entire point of adding gold mines is so that the fiefdom has more gold income it can contribute to the empire, or increase the gold it is already contributing. But if neither is seen, then the 30 gold cost of construction is just pointless.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
...it would be nice if the game would tell you if you had troops on the way to a particular khaganate and how many turns until they arrive. Cause I sometimes lose track.
Will be added for 0.5.

Complete both routes, doesn't matter which for Alam, use the lust for battle route for Domia, not the lust for revenge route. Finish Alam first, then Domia, then go see Fahda. (Note that the bug still exists that if you fight Domia for the full 90 scales and subdue her - tie her up but don't rape her - you'll get Domia, Alam, and the full 90 scales. Yay, Karder is still an exploitative bastard!!!)
Fixed for 0.4.8 (you're all playing 0.4.7)

Is there anyway to get Liddy as well as Maya?
Not currently. I'll put her to a vote by the in the future.

Same with troops.
I also seem to remember that there's a limit on how many troops/how much gold you can reach &, once you reach that, neither will increase anymore.
What use is it if the rest of the empire can't see it?
The entire point of adding gold mines is so that the fiefdom has more gold income it can contribute to the empire, or increase the gold it is already contributing. But if neither is seen, then the 30 gold cost of construction is just pointless.
What gold mine does:
1. In a fiefdom with a gold yield larger than 0, it doubles the gold yield.
2. In a fiefdom with a gold yield of 0, it creates an artificial yield of 0.5 gold.

Once you have more than one fiefdom there's no limit to the amount of gold you can accumulate.

Design note: in late game I feel you can have more gold than you can use, I should introduce new ways to spend it, the most obvious would be something like "Bribe aristocracy - spend X gold to gain Y obedience".

Reactions: erkper

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
I spent the last few hours playing the strategy game from zero again, trying to find some bugs. There is a persistent bug when sending troops, where the bar is completely white for some reason but so far I was unable to reproduce negative troops issue some people report. I'll keep poking.
Maybe if you cheat the troops number and put in garrisons more than you really have the next turn the 'total troops' will get back to previous number and you have negative troops yes something has changed about troops mechanics with this update

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
What fitgirlbestgirl wrote, or in other words: not much.

I simply thought "I want to make you a governor" sounds better than "I really want to put my cock between them mammoth tits of yours."
Coming to think about it, I'm being stupid. It would be very cool if after you complete the Fahda revisit quest (more like a booty call, but whatever) Marbia would yield more gold. I'll update it for 0.4.8. Raknor

Reactions: erkper

origeee

Feb 21, 2020
We need a cheat mode. The map in this game is just impossible. I've just sent 30 troops to a province then the province suddently seceded ana the troops desapeared

nod24

May 4, 2017
combat, turn based combat
I wonder if there will be Tetris and other mini-games. I'm looking forward to it. This is the most important thing that should be in visual novels.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if there will be Tetris and other mini-games. I'm looking forward to it. This is the most important thing that should be in visual novels.
Wrong thread, mate. Vae Victis - Khan is not a Visual Novel.

4.30 star(s) 120 Votes