Ren'Py Abandoned Vagrant [Prologue Fixed] [Crows & Ravens]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
2GB for seeing at best some people naked in 3 dream sequences, and only one fucking (being of the neighbours).

Images are in PNG. They should be in JPEG, even at max quality, it would drastically reduce the size of it, same deal with the sound, they're all in WAV, when they should be in MP3 or OGG, even with MP3 320 it would be at least 85% less bloat then it is now.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
According to previous comments there is technical cleaning needed before moving on, but certainly going to keep an eye out for updates on this. Thanks for sharing with us. /bow

Reactions: BigCrow
Aug 16, 2017
No first release game contained all of the sexual themes it intends to show. A lot of stuff shows as story progresses in upcoming chapters. I dont remember any of big titles doing that, do you? Dont remember any triple fisting in first release of Dreams of Desire or Big Brother, or most titles I know for that matter. I would encourage you to keep your allowance.....now, and when there is more content. Buy yourself a slurpee. This title wasnt made for you in mind.

no you are right...they did not....but then when I downloaded them they had the content to match the tags and I have made the same comment on any feed pulling the same trick....as have many others.
some of us read those tags and download the content in regards to what they are....its part of this forums selection process. tagging it with something it doesn't have on the strength of what MAY be in the future, well, you may as well add all tags to every single post....just in case.
it may seem stupid to you but I already wasted my daily limit on trying this which didn't have as advertised.
the mods on this site are exceptional and spend a lot of time updating the OP and adding any tags required. its what they do and they do it well

and indeed I will keep away in future as you encourage. no sleep lost there

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017
that yellow car is so funny (ruins the serious tune the game is trying to convey), they can't even fit in it, the characters are a head taller than the windshield LOL why didn't they just use a regular looking one? I guess if you want something noticed that's how you go about it, only this time it's just noticed for the wrong reasons.
the world looks empty as well, looks like a ghost town, one last thing the quality of the renders are soooo high I can see the pixels without getting too close to the screen :)

RRX

Mar 11, 2018
No first release game contained all of the sexual themes it intends to show. A lot of stuff shows as story progresses in upcoming chapters. I dont remember any of big titles doing that, do you? Dont remember any triple fisting in first release of Dreams of Desire or Big Brother, or most titles I know for that matter. I would encourage you to keep your allowance.....now, and when there is more content. Buy yourself a slurpee. This title wasnt made for you in mind.
Lol! I like this developer! BigCrow doesn't suffer any fools. Seriously, almost every developer is going to take constructive criticism well, like png vs jpg file size. But why lambaste a new game over content when it's brand new? The developer has a point.

BigCrow

Game Developer
Apr 29, 2018
Hey guys I just made a game request for the compressed version. It is about 1.2 GB now. Changed all the audio files. I belive it should be soon up on f95zone. You can download already from my patreon site if you want to check it out.

Reactions: agario

BigCrow

Game Developer
Apr 29, 2018
2GB for seeing at best some people naked in 3 dream sequences, and only one fucking (being of the neighbours).

Images are in PNG. They should be in JPEG, even at max quality, it would drastically reduce the size of it, same deal with the sound, they're all in WAV, when they should be in MP3 or OGG, even with MP3 320 it would be at least 85% less bloat then it is now.
You are right, I can use that information. When I looked up renpy tutorials most people were using png files, so I didnt think twice when it came to rendering images. I will check if there is a difference in quality between jpg and png files. If it ends up looking the same I will switch to jpg from now on. Thank you.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Ummmm..... No THAT IS BULL SHIT SolValley had everything that was tagged and over A HOUR worth of content on it's first release that is the game that stands out the most but to say that no first release game contained all that is 100% you talking out of your ass and doing maximum damage control.... Also you will win no friends by mentioning Big Brother cause that game started out as a shit show and ended in a shit show.... Also you seem to misunderstand because what he said is correct if you wanna put what your "PLANED" Tags are put that in a spoiler for what the game might/will contain don't actually tag shit till it's in the game it's a good way to piss people off.

Reactions: buttlovinmagic

BigCrow

Game Developer
Apr 29, 2018
Ummmm..... No THAT IS BULL SHIT SolValley had everything that was tagged and over A HOUR worth of content on it's first release that is the game that stands out the most but to say that no first release game contained all that is 100% you talking out of your ass and doing maximum damage control.... Also you will win no friends by mentioning Big Brother cause that game started out as a shit show and ended in a shit show.... Also you seem to misunderstand because what he said is correct if you wanna put what your "PLANED" Tags are put that in a spoiler for what the game might/will contain don't actually tag shit till it's in the game it's a good way to piss people off.
Reciprocity, my default is to always be respectful, but if you are rude, expect the same back. I dont care if you own the internet, I am nobodys boy. You are right about planed tags, but I am not the one that uploaded this thread I made the game request as I dont have uploading rights.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
You are right, I can use that information. When I looked up renpy tutorials most people were using png files, so I didnt think twice when it came to rendering images. I will check if there is a difference in quality between jpg and png files. If it ends up looking the same I will switch to jpg from now on. Thank you.
Also you can look this, even smaller.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Optimize your project, its top priority, and that yellow text colour on white background.. that has to go! Thats a disaster. Basically unreadable.
Stop looking at adult content as black and white. Its not about fisting and threesomes in a first release, i'm pretty sure you know this too. There are quite a lot of things between nothing and everything. But right now all the harsh words you got stem from the fact of the game's size. Of course the criticism is more severe when the project 4 times bigger than your average 1st release.
You are new to this. Sure thing. You think newbies in a war or on the market get some slack? They die first. Unless they can take the heat and learn to ropes. Welcome to the indie adult game industry.. and on F95zone.

If you wanna (and can) write a great story thats awesome. Just not enough on its own. Do keep in mind that criticism you get are not based on your plans or effort you put into your project. Its based solely on what you deliver. So if its somewhat lacking, people won't care if it just an interlude, prologue or whatever. Accept this, don't take it at heart and do your thing.

Just do it right.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
in certain parts the game ha looks quite good but then yes it will only be boring endless lyrics endless auditions be blah bla bla bla blaaaaa ..... it is so boring if you have to read endlessly any seis and nothing happens just stupid stupid text skipping I then activated that I can skip everything

as fast as you can finally make games where synonymous interaction is? and not only eternal stupid chatter ??? and why all the genre tags ?? if anyway NOTHING davion is here ?? and you can NOT do it and I do not want to see how others always do that or others just have fun I want as a player

to do something SELF and not only read stupid texts if I just want to read I can also take a book .. ... Corruption, Domination, Submission, BDSM I want to do that and not just as a genre day or sometime in 60 updates let's see how others do it damn it can not be so difficult that the mc FINALLY times the possibilities has all WITHOUT spending hours silly textskipping or mindless spots grinden damn shit

darkWolf.01

Jul 2, 2017
Hey guys I just made a game request for the compressed version. It is about 1.2 GB now. Changed all the audio files. I belive it should be soon up on f95zone. You can download already from my patreon site if you want to check it out.
Still a lot, the sound files in 128kbps mp3(ur not recording a symphony orchestra...) should take few MBs, images in acceptable quality jpg, or webp should not take over 1MB, mostly under 500kB, today, I´ve tried one 1,2GB game(png), after converting to webp, it stopped on about 150MB...difference-zero or hardly noticable even when directly comparing both next to each other.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
I don't remember "triple-fisting" being used as a tag in any of them, either, but I'm pretty sure if the tag ever got added it would be because the content was already there. "Theme" tags are OK for for showing the direction the game is going to go in, (incest, voyeurism, seduction, the dreaded NTR, etc.,) but action-specific tags, (anal, fisting, threesome, first-time, watersports, etc.,) shouldn't be added until the the content is included. If you don't currently have "anal sex" in the game - no matter that you may plan to include it in the future - the tag doesn't belong. "BDSM" could go either way, I guess. "Group Sex" is more action-specific, so the tag probably shouldn't be used until the orgy is actually in the game.

Also, a "dark past" refers to something bad the person has done. If his mother was murdered and he was not complicit in her murder nor in a revenge-killing of her murderer, for example, he has rather a "tragic past".

I'm not gonna try this, yet, based on comments here and the somewhat ridiculous size for an Alpha. Both of my available ISPs have instituted 1TB monthly bandwidth caps and I'm used to using half-again as much, so I have to prioritize. I may check back in several months. Good luck!

killer2005de

Apr 27, 2017
It's because of the fucking WAV sound files. There is 105 of them at 1.38gb. Look in game/ (there are a small amount of mp3s too - only 32mb).

Theres also 621 PNGs that are 938mb.

That's the meat of it all.
Really no compressing lol i think with convert the wave to mp3 and pngs to jpg save over 1 GB. xD

Aug 16, 2017
Reciprocity, my default is to always be respectful, but if you are rude, expect the same back. I dont care if you own the internet, I am nobodys boy. You are right about planed tags, but I am not the one that uploaded this thread I made the game request as I dont have uploading rights.

if you didn't upload it then why did you choose to come slamming down upon my original post? it makes no mention of WHO is at fault, only that the feed is wrongly tagged. now you just look like you are the uploaders boy, jumping on my post in defence. I understand why as it features your product, but don't kid a kidder. maybe you should have that slurpee...whatever that is

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote