What size arms/shoulder/neck should the new enemy have? See post 1161 for pics.

• Normal

• Thicker

Results are only viewable after voting.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Dev update -- I'm adding a new female enemy for the next level. Her name is 'Raine' and here are some mock-ups, one with normal arms/shoulders/neck and the other with thicker arms/shoulder/neck. Would love to know which one you prefer, so please vote in the poll at the top of the thread:
000.png 001.png

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I got a sex audio pack way back when I just made anims. There are some pretty good ones in there I now use for Val, Ashley, Newt, etc. Not perfect, but I really don't like the squeaky anime voice that's so popular in these sorts of game.

Reactions: aleaxs

aleaxs

Sep 2, 2017
I got a sex audio pack way back when I just made anims. There are some pretty good ones in there I now use for Val, Ashley, Newt, etc. Not perfect, but I really don't like the squeaky anime voice that's so popular in these sorts of game.
Gotcha! Thanks for info and GL with the Game!

Reactions: valkaree99

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
The next level will have a new hanging trap. Playing around with some background characters that go with the theme. Got a favorite?
1716856831506.png

Reactions: McGuffin

predi

Jun 19, 2020
The next level will have a new hanging trap. Playing around with some background characters that go with the theme. Got a favorite?
View attachment 3678109
Would be neat if you can get caught in it and start hanging, needing to do some button mashing, else you die. If there's a horny enemy on you, it can start fucking Val while she hangs (making the button mashing more difficult maybe). could have interaction with the flying blades trap too (and an enemy after that, why not, go bonkers)
Second from the left, mainly because it's not the usual 'commando outfit'. Cool bra.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Would be neat if you can get caught in it and start hanging, needing to do some button mashing, else you die. If there's a horny enemy on you, it can start fucking Val while she hangs (making the button mashing more difficult maybe). could have interaction with the flying blades trap too (and an enemy after that, why not, go bonkers)
Second from the left, mainly because it's not the usual 'commando outfit'. Cool bra.
Thanks, this is good feedback. I currently have the hanging trap as:

1716913720366.gif

But I like the idea of struggling to get free, so I'm going to explore that option. It would mean Val wouldn't be lifted so high, and the escapeBar would appear allowing you to struggle out of it. I'll also have to build logic so her health slowly ebbs as she's struggling, a new anim for her to expire when she runs out of health, and some dropping anims/logic for her to fall back to her feet on escape. Not trivial, but would be a good addition.

As for your other ideas:
- horny enemy f'ing val while hanging: May be too complicated to have an H scene while val's struggling to get free, but it's very doable to have a scene after she expires. Kinda like when zombies F val after she's been spiked. Probably won't be until level 7 or later.
- interaction with the flying blades: That's an idea, and I was going to have NPC's hanging with their bottom halves cut off. May look into have Val bisected as well. That can get a little tricky, since you'll want one set of logic/anims for if Val's bisected when struggling, and another for when she's bisected after expiring.

Note to all -- feedback like this is helpful, so don't be shy about sharing your thoughts. It's the best way to get what you want added to the game.

Reactions: predi

Mr.Orange

Dec 13, 2021
what the hell do I do next after getting the handcuff in the first level? I spent 2 hours running back and forth, found everything that I can interact with, and nothing is letting me proceed, that damn girl hiding behind the bush still hiding behind the bush and Gemini still won't open the next portal for.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Looks well excuted but what's the reason behind the cuffs appearing when caught in the trap?
2 reasons:
- Hanging (expired) with arms hanging down by her sides just doesn't look as good, at least the way I can render it. Bringing the hands behind and the legs together has always looked better to me.
- Struggling anims are really hard to make look good (once again - for me, and with the software I use). Flapping arms, grabbing at the noose, kicking legs, etc, all look clunky and unrealistic. Here's an anim I made many years ago to give you a sense (imagine rope and noose objects included, which I didn't have at the time). Arms and legs tied behind limit the available movements and are easier to make look real.

1716989295075.gif

Reactions: shiruken and predi

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
what the hell do I do next after getting the handcuff in the first level? I spent 2 hours running back and forth, found everything that I can interact with, and nothing is letting me proceed, that damn girl hiding behind the bush still hiding behind the bush and Gemini still won't open the next portal for.
Did you 'show yourself' to the girl in the bushes?

1716989203347.png

cheeded

Apr 28, 2020
2 reasons:
- Hanging (expired) with arms hanging down by her sides just doesn't look as good, at least the way I can render it. Bringing the hands behind and the legs together has always looked better to me.
- Struggling anims are really hard to make look good (once again - for me, and with the software I use). Flapping arms, grabbing at the noose, kicking legs, etc, all look clunky and unrealistic. Here's an anim I made many years ago to give you a sense (imagine rope and noose objects included, which I didn't have at the time). Arms and legs tied behind limit the available movements and are easier to make look real.

View attachment 3682665
I can't argue your personal preference but I think you're selling yourself short on how the struggle anim looks

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
I can't argue your personal preference but I think you're selling yourself short on how the struggle anim looks
The me from 10+ years ago says thanks :)

There is some struggle built into the new hanging anims, but I feel it flows better and can be repeated. I spent yesterday prototyping the escapable hanging option and hopefully can make that a reality.

Reactions: cheeded
4.60 star(s) 23 Votes