Valdana: The Fall [v1.00] [Tjord] Compressed

PC (124MB)
- -
Mac (106MB) - -

If you like the game support the dev.

Last edited:

Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
It's not about the intelligence that I worry: They can be vegetables for all I care... It's the Gyaruification that I care about! It was HIDEOUS last game ugh!
Jesus Christ the taste of some people, the Gyarufication was great and it saddend me that we got literally none of it during this game, oh well all things point towards a third game so there is some hope there

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I think the problem with 2 is something that is inherent to LN type games. It's basically a light novel but with more interface beyond flipping pages.
It has nothing to do with the format of the game, it's to do with the effort. Writing unique personalities and scenarios take a lot more work and creativity than just copying and pasting a cliche 5 times. Different devs have different scales on productivity, you'll see a lot of VNs with greatly varied paths and outcomes but they have been worked on very slowly for years.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
It has nothing to do with the format of the game, it's to do with the effort. Writing unique personalities and scenarios take a lot more work and creativity than just copying and pasting a cliche 5 times. Different devs have different scales on productivity, you'll see a lot of VNs with greatly varied paths and outcomes but they have been worked on very slowly for years.
Some of us likes those clichés, there's a reason they're used. Also, what you're asking is unreasonable; Prison Battleship games took years to make by a team of professionals and they only had 2 characters. OP is solo.

Reactions: kzk0987

CorrHen

Mar 6, 2023
Ok, but just another suggestion to Tjord on game improvement.

Gallery option is a must.
This will be added. The previous game has a gallery. Tjord just wanted this game out before they had to leave. Gallery option takes time to make. They even said there will be a patch in a few weeks for some fixes.

Anglovehen

Aug 4, 2018
Jesus Christ the taste of some people, the Gyarufication was great and it saddend me that we got literally none of it during this game, oh well all things point towards a third game so there is some hope there
man that trope is one of many reason why the game is excellent

brbn

Mar 25, 2020
Great game Tjord!
My only wish is that I want to see more of the other girls in the ending/epilogue.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
For now, it adds a line or two during the battle, but nothing more. For now.

I intend to add at least one additional ending with the patch.
Oh, I was going to comment on that, because I couldn't notice any difference. Good to know.

So, after playing and seeing all endings, I can say that this was even better than Isis: The Fall

Nice characters, way lesser typos and weird grammar, great transformations (not making them all gyarufications but giving a bit more variety and (except Cassandra) subtlety with the physical changes to avoid being too suspicious) and more endings were more than welcome.

My only two big critics are about personal things. The PC being the typical fat and ugly guy, and Letho's fate. That was just cruel.

Apart from that, it was a great game. I hope the patch will make it be even better.

Reactions: wiseold6996

CorrHen

Mar 6, 2023
For now, it adds a line or two during the battle, but nothing more. For now.

I intend to add at least one additional ending with the patch.
There will be more content? Terrific!!

The PC being the typical fat and ugly guy, and Letho's fate. That was just cruel.
I know what you mean. I've become desensitized to whoever the protag is. Some people like this kind of thing, so I've just accepted it. It's all about preference. Personally, I'd love a female corruptor, but I'll take what I got gladly. There being yuri scenes at all was a very welcome surprise.

As for Letho, yeah it was cruel. Too much for some people, but IMO that was great :sneaky:

test011

Jan 10, 2018
I enjoyed the game but truth be told i expected little bit more physical transformations. I understand that gyaruification is not to everybody tastes but... There wasnt much else there, no eye color change, no or very subtle attire change aside from last character, no skintone change, only one hairstyle change. And personally im not a big fan of such ridiculously huge breasts as some of the characters receive.
If last game was 8.5/10 for me this one is 7.5/10. Still very enjoyable but id love more visual corruption.

But ultimately its all down to personal tastes and I cant blame the dev for deciding to chose different artistic direction.

Reactions: awfulplanner

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
I enjoyed the game but truth be told i expected little bit more physical transformations. I understand that gyaruification is not to everybody tastes but... There wasnt much else there, no eye color change, no or very subtle attire change aside from last character, no skintone change, only one hairstyle change. And personally im not a big fan of such ridiculously huge breasts as some of the characters receive.
If last game was 8.5/10 for me this one is 7.5/10. Still very enjoyable but id love more visual corruption.

But ultimately its all down to personal tastes and I cant blame the dev for deciding to chose different artistic direction.
Well, there are lore reasons as to not have the girls change so much, after all.

A radical change would have had the archbishop exposed, and thus imprisoned/killed.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
Tjord I really like your game so I'm in the process of remastering/enhancing/ the visuals. I'll upload the "mod" when I'm done. I can do the images no problem, but I have a question on the videos.

I've enhanced and interpolated one of your videos to 60 fps, which looks a lot smoother, but when I try it out in-game it's still 30 fps. I have no experience with renpy, is it hard-coded to 30 fps playback? Thanks.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
I've enhanced and interpolated one of your videos to 60 fps, which looks a lot smoother, but when I try it out in-game it's still 30 fps. I have no experience with renpy, is it hard-coded to 30 fps playback? Thanks.
AFAIK there's no FPS limit, unless it's somehow inherent to webm format.

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
AFAIK there's no FPS limit, unless it's somehow inherent to webm format.
That's really strange. The playback using VLC correctly display it in 60 fps, but the playback in-game is still 30 fps. And yes, I've confirm the in-game playback is using the remastered clip (I inverted the colours to check).

I guess I'll complete all the images first, then see if I can figure out the videos. If anyone have any ideas please post.

4.50 star(s) 12 Votes