caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
You seem knowledgeable so I'll ask you:
I killed the orc, but the countess won't take it and I've chosen every dialog option, is it bugged?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I tried to restart my game and see if that fixed the error, but now the damn thing won't even load! It gives me some german message, and then gives me a black screen.
Save game are corrupt, see here:

Last edited:

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
I see. It's a real shame that you risk corruption after 80 days. I didn't even really start playing until after that, I just spent that time developing my land to it's maximum.

Also I have no idea how you do the Coutesan's quest or even start it.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Also I have no idea how you do the Coutesan's quest or even start it.
Go in Merowin Castle then Private. See screenshot 2 in

I see. It's a real shame that you risk corruption after 80 days. I didn't even really start playing until after that, I just spent that time developing my land to it's maximum
Have you completed female raider quest activating Istral and speaking with duke and duchess of Istral?
Or have you developed only your land without speaking with duke and duchess of Istral and then make day 80 savegame that is corrupt?
My savegame here is on day 86 and have no problem, but I've discovered Istral and I've speaked with duke and duchess of Istral.
Please answer my 2 questions and then send me your day 80 corrupt save game in private to analyze it.
Finally with the next version 0.16 old savegames will no longer be compatible so I will provide to players new savegames on days 10 - 20 -30 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 80.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Furmilk

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
When you linked your save, I just overrode my save, didn't think you'd be interested in the corrupted version, sorry. I can say I was at around 90+ before I spoke to anyone besides the duchess of lyx, I just focused on developing my land as much as possible, ensuring maximum income so I could just auto-generate money and items while I focused on questing. To clarify, I had maxed almost everything at that point (final storage upgrades took longer), I would continue to make planks and tools until around 110 because it was so time consuming, even with the improved ratio, but I started to quest around 90. I had done everything that was possible without going to the elf kingdom (the pirate quest, the barbarian queen, killing the duke, visiting the shrine, getting the nymph blessing, etc). I ended up saving at 160ish and trying to restart to get the orc skull event to fire for lyx, and that's when I couldn't load it. Oddly enough, I had been able to load at around day 140, because I remember screwing up the training with the guard.

In response to specifically the female bandit, I did defeat her, took her prisoner, and noticed I could have her work at the farm, so I did. I did this at the 90+ mark (though I didn't assign her to farm work until around 120), my land was doing well so the 1.2k for a good sword was a cheap investment. While speaking to her, she suggested I remove her collar and brand her, but I couldn't trigger that option (assuming it was an actual choice). If it helps, I also took the other bandit as a prisoner as well, but I could never assign him to anything, my only option was to sell him for money, but I had more than enough so I kept him around, assuming I would be able to assign him somewhere eventually.

As for the cortesan quest, I've visited them many times, paid for services, even gotten the indian girl to dance for me, but my only options have been to be serviced for 100 gold from the start. I noticed in the screenshots, the amount varied from 50 to 150, but mine were only ever 100 gold. I've also tried every option with every girl, hoping that would advance things, but all I could do was keep going.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but once the church got going I had tons of faith, so I went to the library and opened every book, but all of them after the first one were blank.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
When you linked your save, I just overrode my save, didn't think you'd be interested in the corrupted version, sorry. I can say I was at around 90+ before I spoke to anyone besides the duchess of lyx, I just focused on developing my land as much as possible, ensuring maximum income so I could just auto-generate money and items while I focused on questing. To clarify, I had maxed almost everything at that point (final storage upgrades took longer), I would continue to make planks and tools until around 110 because it was so time consuming, even with the improved ratio, but I started to quest around 90. I had done everything that was possible without going to the elf kingdom (the pirate quest, the barbarian queen, killing the duke, visiting the shrine, getting the nymph blessing, etc). I ended up saving at 160ish and trying to restart to get the orc skull event to fire for lyx, and that's when I couldn't load it. Oddly enough, I had been able to load at around day 140, because I remember screwing up the training with the guard.
I have never saved game to 110, 140 or 160 days, because now I'm working to new v.0.16 where old savegame are not compatible. Please send me all this savegames especially if they are corrupt. Thanks
After killing the Duke of Istral have you speak again with Elven Winery about peace? (see screenshots 7 ) This activate Elelian, the Capital of Cerest location in map where you find Elf Princess Lhaewen, best candidate for marriage .

In response to specifically the female bandit, I did defeat her, took her prisoner, and noticed I could have her work at the farm, so I did. I did this at the 90+ mark (though I didn't assign her to farm work until around 120), my land was doing well so the 1.2k for a good sword was a cheap investment. While speaking to her, she suggested I remove her collar and brand her, but I couldn't trigger that option (assuming it was an actual choice). If it helps, I also took the other bandit as a prisoner as well, but I could never assign him to anything, my only option was to sell him for money, but I had more than enough so I kept him around, assuming I would be able to assign him somewhere eventually.
You can sell female bandit, or assign her to farm. You can only sell male bandit. Killing them give you no money, so it's not convenient. It's all ok for v.0.15.

As for the cortesan quest, I've visited them many times, paid for services, even gotten the indian girl to dance for me, but my only options have been to be serviced for 100 gold from the start. I noticed in the screenshots, the amount varied from 50 to 150, but mine were only ever 100 gold. I've also tried every option with every girl, hoping that would advance things, but all I could do was keep going.
Cost for courtesan services is 100 for all girl. Different sums 50 and 150 are in old game versions. One visit is enough to complete courtesan quest in log. It's all ok for v.0.15.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but once the church got going I had tons of faith, so I went to the library and opened every book, but all of them after the first one were blank.
Only one book is active in this version, and send you to nymph shrine only once time. It's all ok for v.0.15.

Thanks for your contribution.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
I see someone else posted about a problem, I think I had a similar one. I saved before fighting the duke or whatever, I lost so I tried to load my save and got an error. I tried loading last day and that had the same error I believe. I tried loading a save about 20 days before the fight day and that loaded fine. I was at day 51 so it sucks losing about half my progress.

Other than that it looks like it has potential, liking it so far.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
I see someone else posted about a problem, I think I had a similar one. I saved before fighting the duke or whatever, I lost so I tried to load my save and got an error. I tried loading last day and that had the same error I believe. I tried loading a save about 20 days before the fight day and that loaded fine. I was at day 51 so it sucks losing about half my progress.

Other than that it looks like it has potential, liking it so far.
Can I try your corrupt savegame?
You find savegame in Documents\PaC-DK Games\Valkyrie.
Zip all folder Valkyrie content, and send me in private.
Thanks

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
the problem with the orc skull quest is, you have to finish all the other quests before getting the orc skull, if you talk to her about the bridge/quest that mentions she wants an skull head and you have defeated the orc she will give you the quest again to get the orc skull except the orc is now dead and gone causing you to get stuck.

to the person making this game, you should think about adding a few things. Number one a seamstress to make clothing allowing you to upgrade your people with better clothing (lewder clothing). i would suggest adding a trapper that gathers hide, and once you finish the boat quest for the duchess you should get a ship that you can upgrade to get daily coin plus imported goods like silk and stuff. (if that's possible, i know your using pre-established core mechanics of another game)

also it would be cool if as you upgraded the resource areas the actual area changes and would look as if it was upgraded and better, say at least 1 if not 2 more area background pics each. further more i think this game has a strong potential for wafu management with all the resource areas having potential female npcs. lets say each area has a wafu you can improve relationship with by upgrading there area via research/expansion as well as the clothing bit i mentioned. not to say you couldn't add some more things to that was well (like jewelry, perfume, and other things you spoil a wafu with). as the relationship improves you gain better and better lewd scenes with them.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Updated to Valkyrie Chronicles with Caciotta mod v0.17 See change-log post in my patreon page for other info, or download this game.

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
Is there a production chain here? Brewer, blacksmith, carpenter... they do nothing. I have to do everything myself.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Is there a production chain here? Brewer, blacksmith, carpenter... they do nothing. I have to do everything myself.
Carpenter, Blacksmith, Brewer production are necessary to expand others shop.
Carpenter in v 0.17 also make e cradle for a quest.

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
Heh ... I'm hanging on the orc's skull too: / Duke is dead, the orc is dead, and I have a constant request for his head. In addition, despite death of the duke, not open access to the elves, despite the conversation in the winery. How to perform "allies with contest of Lynx"? My last active mission.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Heh ... I'm hanging on the orc's skull too: / Duke is dead, the orc is dead, and I have a constant request for his head. In addition, despite death of the duke, not open access to the elves, despite the conversation in the winery. How to perform "allies with contest of Lynx"? My last active mission.
Tell me your menu situation with Countess of Lyx

Do you have 6 menu choice as screenshot 9?
or
Do you have 7 menu choice as screenshot 10?

Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
Tell me your menu situation with Countess of Lyx

Do you have 6 menu choice as screenshot 9?
or
Do you have 7 menu choice as screenshot 10?
6 menu as screenshot 9: yes i have. I understand you ask "because of the orc head"? This is 5. 6 is "nevermind".

After click first time (after killing an orc) Countess got a skull. Quest not completed. Click again to again start the skull request. The question about marriage did not appear.

caciottone

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
After click first time (after killing an orc) Countess got a skull. Quest not completed.
When you kill orc, "Take orc skull for Lyx Countess" quest must be completed.
Probably when you kill orc, a code bug did not process quest closure.
In next version I inserted an additional command to close it.
For now I suggest you to load a previous save game, and try to kill the orc again

rickwalberg

Jun 5, 2017
When you kill orc, "Take orc skull for Lyx Countess" quest must be completed.
Probably when you kill orc, a code bug did not process quest closure.
In next version I inserted an additional command to close it.
For now I suggest you to load a previous save game, and try to kill the orc again
I found the problem. you have to go through all Jennifers text options before killing the orc. i.e. ask her about the weapon, bridge, etc. she has to tell you that she wants an orc head

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Valkyrie Chronicles with caciotta mod: Download
v0.17