VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vanqwar [Ep. 2] [Helmeted Smith]

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Back

Aug 3, 2017
The post made (at HS's introductory thread) prior to the creation of this thread featuring the game, Vanqwar.
You can't trust her. She has red eyes! She's probably left there on the deserted, desert planet of Azzer 'cause her intergalactic jailers could not stop or destroy the evil that is or within this mysterious woman.

So why didn't they just shoot her into a star somewhere or drop her off on some inhospitable world like Venus or something? Well, because of the economy of course (and for shits and giggles), but mostly because of the cash. Her captors (and by extension their society) realizes that by dropping her off on Azzer, a fairly hospital world if a bit barren, where critters, vegetation, and favorable atmosphere can support such life, they could televise the whole thing like some kind of of reality show, à la The Truman Show.

This creates jobs. And most folks in the galaxy are up for that. It helps stimulate economic growth, lowers unemployment, and reduces crime. After all, legitimate sources of income for the masses brings stability, reduces expenditures, and promotes or encourages a healthier lifestyle and positive morale. Governments all across the 'Verse likes that as it enriches them and the societies they represent.

In the case here, you have all sorts of people manning the orbital and planetary cameras that follows the life of this woman. There are editing crews that cut and edits the reams of footage to digestible episodes, the sound effects guys that makes things more lively, the security personal that protects the talent and other assets, the transportation folks that bring in new personal, materials, and personnel, sanitary engineers to keep things hygienic, et cetra, et cetra.

Why, a whole mini-economy can be built around just this woman and brings with it hundreds and hundreds of jobs! And if things get a little slow, then the powers that be can always liven up things by dropping off other mind-wiped individuals onto Azzer and see what happens! Audiences can even vote on what kind of staged challenges or obstacles the red-eyed woman faces (i.e., some fierce beast or an environmental disaster), or even what kind of prisoner should accompany her. Will they get along? Will it be an adversarial episode or a heartbreak tearjerker? Audiences love unexpected interactions like that! Makes them feel invested and part of the grand show.

But eh, what do I know? I could just be pulling things out of the air. Ask Helmeted Smith what Vanqwar is all about.
Just having a little bit of fun that just kinda snowballed, lol. :ROFLMAO: In any event, best of luck to you, HS, and hope that the players enjoys your game! Cheers and be safe, all!

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
The post made (at HS's introductory thread) prior to the creation of this thread featuring the game, Vanqwar.

Just having a little bit of fun that just kinda snowballed, lol. :ROFLMAO: In any event, best of luck to you, HS, and hope that the players enjoys your game! Cheers and be safe, all!
It was really funny actually. I don't know what you smoked, but I want some. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and thank you!

Reactions: Back

CortoMaltese

Apr 17, 2020
Very well done game. The animations have the correct 'bouncing' effect and the pastel colours are very 'eye friendly'. Continue this way! (y)

Feb 12, 2018
True, life on Azzer is silicone based, not carbon. (haha...Actually, the characters have a very high-res skin texture, but my graphics card is not the best...working on upgrading it... also, personally I like smoother skin in renders)
Is Azzer a expanded Barbie doll house? But, instead of just a house it's an entire planet... or is it just heavily inspired by California? XD

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Is Azzer a expanded Barbie doll house? But, instead of just a house it's an entire planet... or is it just heavily inspired by California? XD
LORE INFO DUMP:

The main population of Azzer is sukabi, they are four types (races) based on their abilities. Those who control gravity, mind, heat and mineral integrity. The one in the renders is a gravity type, her signature ability is a void ball that has certain properties.
The first three types of sukabi live in a city called Eldorr, but they also protect the surrounding lands and those who live in them from creatures and other enemies - main ones being "those who grow in trees" (you'll see them and fight them in future updates). The ones that engage with the minerals are also called the "islanders". They don't live in Eldorr, but, as they are described, on islands (imagine them as blacksmith-sailors).
Another distinction between the first three and the last ones is that - gravity, mind and heat are very demanding of it's user, this is where the connection to Earth comes in. So, they operate so called "Vasta-Vaeltis" or (Velvet Ways), portals that let's them teleport to Earth and the reason they are so humanoid perfect barbie-like is to... let's say, their power being so demanding and all, to better persuade the humans with "helping" them reaching their true potential.

And yes, it's inspired by California. Absolutely, 100%

Last edited:

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
Is there any form of actual sex? Might want to include it in the genre.
There will be actual sex in future updates, cuming in different forms (pun intended). This being the first release, I dind't want to rush things. I want the sexy time to flow naturally with the story.

Also, for those who didn't quite catch the theme, this is a reinterpretation of the "succubus" genre, but with a more realistic approach, meaning that these "sukabi" (how I called them in the game) have more depth to them. They "interact" with humans for a reason, they have a motive behind it.

These being said, difficult times awaits the MC, especially when he will reach their home city Eldorr.

I will be posting a list with all the planned tags that will be in the game.

Last edited:

Sarducar

Jan 7, 2019
I really like the whe vibe of the game, feels like a fresh breeze in the whole vn/ renpy genre. Also the way you describe it @Helmetedthere is a lot more 'lore' and though behind the game than you would initially think. Renders look amazing (except the one where the sukabi uses the gravity to punish him, that looked a bit weird to be honest) other than that this will be on my no 1 on my follow list !

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
I really like the whe vibe of the game, feels like a fresh breeze in the whole vn/ renpy genre. Also the way you describe it @Helmetedthere is a lot more 'lore' and though behind the game than you would initially think. Renders look amazing (except the one where the sukabi uses the gravity to punish him, that looked a bit weird to be honest) other than that this will be on my no 1 on my follow list !
Thank you! And I agree to some extent regarding that scene/render. I was trying to give it a certain style (din't quite worked out), but I'll be polishing it as I'm updating the game.

Reactions: Sarducar

Helmeted Smith

Vanqwar
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2020
UPDATE: I'm having some technical difficulties with the ANDROID version. So, most likely it will take me another 1-2 days to release it for those who want to play the game on phone/tablet. Thanks!

Last edited:

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
UPDATE: I'm having some technical difficulties with the ANDROID version. So, most likely it will take me another 1-2 days to release it for those who want to play the game on phone/tablet. Thanks!
What kind of issues? Need help?

Vanqwar [Ep. 1] [Helmeted Smith]
Compressed Android Port(39MB): -

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
These files were compressed using YAC, my own cruncher script.​

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 6 Votes