VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vengeance at Lust [v0.12] [ScattyPineapple]

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
This sounds good. I don't like having to choose between LIs.

And let's hope that the plans go well and there isn't any netorare (NTR).
Yeah, it's not planed, till a supporter ask for it. Maybe I could use this as filler between some real game updates, but I could never trust enough now to support.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
tried the game, it's a wanna-be "waifu academy" but with spies...with the difference that as bad as Waifu Academy is(bc the dev sucks) it makes sense...here there is no logic

MC is a young "spy" he is presented as a badass or at least very cool at being smart and subtle...Mary arrives and in 10-15 lines of dialogue deconstructs MC...but she still needs time to trust him while she asks MC to trust her while revealing NOTHING about herself

you get to choose if being honest or lie to Yuzu, that's a non-choice because regardless Yuzu will get mad(if you choose to tell her that MC has a date), MC will then lie with the professor meeting thing...and Yuzu will be mad because MC has been seen by someone while going to watch a movie with Mary(who told MC to keep her conversations with her to even less than the bare minimum)

the plot had potential until MC has that conversation with mary on the rooftop...then it becomes a parade of clichés that don't make sense...and they're there either because bad-writing or trying to hype the readers but that's something that harms the plot itself

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
tried the game, it's a wanna-be "waifu academy" but with spies...with the difference that as bad as Waifu Academy is(bc the dev sucks) it makes sense...here there is no logic

MC is a young "spy" he is presented as a badass or at least very cool at being smart and subtle...Mary arrives and in 10-15 lines of dialogue deconstructs MC...but she still needs time to trust him while she asks MC to trust her while revealing NOTHING about herself

you get to choose if being honest or lie to Yuzu, that's a non-choice because regardless Yuzu will get mad(if you choose to tell her that MC has a date), MC will then lie with the professor meeting thing...and Yuzu will be mad because MC has been seen by someone while going to watch a movie with Mary(who told MC to keep her conversations with her to even less than the bare minimum)

the plot had potential until MC has that conversation with mary on the rooftop...then it becomes a parade of clichés that don't make sense...and they're there either because bad-writing or trying to hype the readers but that's something that harms the plot itself
Yeah, dev said he's a long-time player of these games. But does not know how he feels about NTR, and it would seem anything else.

MoiMoi

Jul 27, 2017
I actually find the fact that MC is not in-control-of-everything a little refreshing tbh. In most games MC has omniscience-like powers and it just feels like there are no stakes because he is always in-control.

But at the same time, if he becomes Mary's lapdog or the story becomes generic just for the sex scenes, then consider me out. :poop::poop:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, dev said he's a long-time player of these games. But does not know how he feels about NTR, and it would seem anything else.
don't care about NTR, you missed my entire point.

I actually find the fact that MC is not in-control-of-everything a little refreshing tbh. In most games MC has omniscience-like powers and it just feels like there are no stakes because he is always in-control.

But at the same time, if he becomes Mary's lapdog or the story becomes generic just for the sex scenes, then consider me out. :poop::poop:
a thing is not-being-in-control and another is presenting MC as a cool guy that knows his way, and literally having him being deconstructed 2-3 scenes later and turn him into a fool

also the mary's lapdog thing is already happening, why would Mary want MC to be more social? maybe because SHE needs him to be. so she'll may get all the info that MC gathers, without exposing herself while possibly ruining MC's actual life(see Yuzu being mad right before the end of this update which is caused by a non-choice about lying or telling the truth about meeting Mary)

Last edited:

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
Hm, I did the downloads for win from all links but it's impossible to extract them.
Do I need a special zip-app to make it possible?

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
Hm, I did the downloads for win from all links but it's impossible to extract them.
Do I need a special zip-app to make it possible?
The compression is automatic by Renpy when assembling the game to be played, so it's no different than a normal compression. What message do you get when trying to extract?

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I have a question about Yuzu. Is she a friend or is she like a cousin? I'm starting to think she's Tyler's cousin and Izumi is his Aunt or something.

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
The relationship between MC and the housemates is 'as told' - one of the very few things within the story that fall under this category. :sneaky: