scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
is there a way to find the save file would love to find it to see if cheat engine works
I haven't downloaded this release, but the old ones were shipped with a text file (readme.txt). According to it, the save location was C:\Users\*YOUR_USERNAME*\.prefs\VentureSeas
Otherwise your saves could be stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<user_id>\1096520\

Btw, I think Cheat Engine is overkill. Saves are plain xml files: you can edit them with Notepad++. To increase you gold, for instance, find "sCoin".
The only issue is that (unless the dev has changed the load mechanism) you have to restart the game, in order to load a save you have edited outside the game.

Edit: I saw that the dev has already released a couple of bugfixes. Maybe it would be better to wait for a few days when a more stable version will be released.

Prawnboy99

Jul 21, 2018
This game used to have cheats/debug long ago, what happened to it? Also what has changed? Doesn't seem like much is different compared to when I played it about a year ago...

Cloudchaser

Jan 24, 2018
It is still so strange for me to see these kinda games on steam...even recommended on my front page. Congrats on making it so far.

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
Is it just me or is the game now incomparably more difficult?
Also, it was already frustrating enough when if you didn't get a weapon immediately or encountered a large group before getting the snare you were doomed, but now you have a whole bunch of other factors to worry about.
Like the game proudly announcing that you will automatically heal when visiting a port... AFTER YOU'VE LEFT THE FUCKING PORT.
Turns out it doesn't heal the leader for some 'very good' reason.
Lost a particularly good run against a bandit leader on what very well might have been the last hit. I would probably just drop dead if I still had a soul to destroy.
The game suffers from a bad case of "You might as well restart completely." Forgot to pack shit? Restart. Got a mage in your crew? Restart. Low on runes? Restart. Summoner slime? Boy you better restart right now. And that's just the first 10 minutes. Fuck you, game. My time is better spent DRINKING LITERAL BLEACH.

I think I actually need some time to clear my head. Wander the mall aimlessly or, perhaps, wash my face, take a day off and just sleep until the evening.
Things have been bad for my mental health lately, and this is probably just the last straw that felt way heavier than it was. You know what? I'm just gonna lie down right now and try to think less harmful thoughts. Thought about a warm bath, but decided against it when my thoughts started to drift towards... you know.

Last edited:

loka224

Oct 10, 2018
So,i just started the game and have a question:

Is there any point to spend gold customizing your character in town shops?
It seem that you never see your character in any content,no sex scene,not even in dialogues...

And i must say,that i find the battles too difficult,the few batlles i have done,i was always near defeat,and you quicly start to have several battles in a single map.

I like the art,but have mixed feelings about this game,and i just started,so it's a bit sad.

Last edited:

ejmuerte

Sep 24, 2018
so the devs posted a roadmap trying to complete this year 2020?? i hope they better track their own progress or else its disappointing game

any patreon supporters in this thread?? because you guys need to keep tracking and reminding these devs if they fail to follow their own roadmap progress

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes