lexxus

Oct 18, 2016
Bro is one of those people who defends multi-billion dollar corporations...I activated the save function through cheats.It seems he hid the npc stat modification good enough for me to not find.The point is not about you being able to cheat with the console,you guys refuse to understand it.It is that,he just relies on making the game as grindy and as dysfunctional as possible to make me want to pay for even to be able to use the back button.The game might go to somewhere..Who will see that point,really ?I tried to talk to the first character and when trying to find the correct topic to talk about,he lost half of his friendship points.There is no back button,so that can't be taken back.If there was a back button at least,i'd waste less time doing same shit again and again.But,the dude wanted to make the experience as disturbing as possible..Even putting effort into hiding cheats in the console.And,i usually find cheats in every game quite easily and use them.Instead of attacking me..Tell the dude to deserve my money,not force it out of my pocket.
Easy petunia, no ones attacking you I promise. Simply pointing out some of us have watched projects come and go and rarely has someone put this level of effort into their bare bones proof of concept. Personally I and quite a few others that support these projects think that this effort DOES deserve some small financial support.

Your complaints are yours not everyone's and some of us are cool with this set up as it stands. Try approaching this with a tiny bit of nuance, not everything is billionaires and penniless starving gamers comrade.

Pleasurable

Aug 14, 2021
My biggest complaint. I have no idea what anything does. I get little to no response from the game. I have to assume and cross my fingers that my action did something. The game needs feedback. When you do an action it should tell you what changes or effect happened. This will help so we can tell you what's broken. This can be removed later in further progression.

lexxus

Oct 18, 2016
My biggest complaint. I have no idea what anything does. I get little to no response from the game. I have to assume and cross my fingers that my action did something. The game needs feedback. When you do an action it should tell you what changes or effect happened. This will help so we can tell you what's broken. This can be removed later in further progression.
Couldn't agree more. Thats also what I look forward to, though in the meantime the dev is active here and we need to break immersion a bit and just ask them when they pop in.

OrphanOrphan

Jun 9, 2019
A top bar showing the main stats of the NPC would solve this issue, letting you know both the status and the changes in the NPC stats.

DOM: 30 (-4)

MadProd

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
You are looking at it the wrong way.Of course nobody is forcing me.You are unable to change the stats of NPC's from the console,or at least i couldn't find it.There is no save or even back button.He obviously is trying to force people to pay for the cheat version.And,this is ultra grindy given all the difficulties.You can talk to all NPC's once a day.It will take forever to make progress with even one character.Other grindy games are not this cruel.And,instead of judging me,look at it this way.He could have made a good game which makes me want to pay for it.For example,College Daze the HTML game,already gives you access to cheats and everything..And,i still pay for it.And,i know VN games and how linear they are.
If you are making a non-linear game on SugarCube, you will have to disable the "back" button functionality (limit the maximum states to 1) because each such "step" saves a copy of all the variables. This means your game will get slower with each new step, and the RAM usage will constantly increase. You can easily test this (just open the game in Twine and in the very first location change the value of "Config.history.maxStates" to, for example, 30). There is nothing easier than hacking games on SugarCube; there are people in the comments explaining how to do it. I do not sell cut content on Patreon; everything available in the Patreon version, except for more convenient cheats, is also available in the free version. The free version is released simultaneously with the Patreon version ;)

Soon, information about stat changes will be added to the game; it is already planned.

Mar 5, 2018
every time I fight in the tournament (or win), I get this error:

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'indexOf')
<<run RandomRelocateCharacter($indexNPC)>>

Also sometimes some shop items have 0 quantity like the energy drink.... but it lets me buy one before launching a pop up error saying
Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: Not enough of item: Energy drink to remove. Requested: 1, available: 0

Sometimes this will also happen in fights where enemies will grab medkits they don't have, leading to them endlessly spamming medkits.

Also training from the prostitutes reverts to training from the martial arts instructor.

Last edited:

MadProd

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
every time I fight in the tournament (or win), I get this error:

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'indexOf')
<<run RandomRelocateCharacter($indexNPC)>>

Also sometimes some shop items have 0 quantity like the energy drink.... but it lets me buy one before launching a pop up error saying
Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: Not enough of item: Energy drink to remove. Requested: 1, available: 0

Sometimes this will also happen in fights where enemies will grab medkits they don't have, leading to them endlessly spamming medkits.

Also training from the prostitutes reverts to training from the martial arts instructor.
Thanks, this will be fixed in the next BugFix.

Reactions: ShadowedKnight50

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
the NPCs do not talk there is no story just a lot of clicking its like living in a world of robots there is no depth to the game at all
you wake up click you got to class click then you go find work ....after work to bed and start the same process over ....you can only buy one energy drink a day ........all in all the game just feels ....Flat ......at the moment.
work on the character interactions ........THAT is were this game suffers the most give them some personalities nice, bully , stuck up , evil ..rude.....etc .....
example NICE
you introduce your self ...NPC. pleased to meet you are you new here ?
RUDE
you introduce yourself ...NPC are you looking to swallow my cock ? if not piss off

MadProd

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
the NPCs do not talk there is no story just a lot of clicking its like living in a world of robots there is no depth to the game at all
you wake up click you got to class click then you go find work ....after work to bed and start the same process over ....you can only buy one energy drink a day ........all in all the game just feels ....Flat ......at the moment.
work on the character interactions ........THAT is were this game suffers the most give them some personalities nice, bully , stuck up , evil ..rude.....etc .....
example NICE
you introduce your self ...NPC. pleased to meet you are you new here ?
RUDE
you introduce yourself ...NPC are you looking to swallow my cock ? if not piss off
Having some sort of main target, like becoming the kingpin of the town, would also help to maintain the interest of the player.
Yes, I will be working on this for the next few updates.

Mapfap303

Mar 28, 2023
Is there particular reason why generator does not affect shopkeepers etc... ?
it's still random cuz i had different shopkeeper on different saves so why not just let us change them ourselves ?

MadProd

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
Is there particular reason why generator does not affect shopkeepers etc... ?
it's still random cuz i had different shopkeeper on different saves so why not just let us change them ourselves ?
Some shopkeepers have actions based on their gender, so it's better not to change them.

2.80 star(s) 12 Votes