4.10 star(s) 39 Votes

GeminiArt

Nov 30, 2020
So this is some explanation. The train managed to complete its course and return (reverse) to the main line before the landslide occurred. Then part of the line (where the action of the game takes place) was cut off.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I don't remember when Lily found out about the damage to the railway line. Was it while she was still in the train carriage or only when she was waiting on the platform for the return train. If she found out on the platform and the train managed to leave before the landslide occurred on the tracks, it's no wonder she can't come back. Especially if the town is one of the final stations on this line (the train has departed towards the center of the main line and several final stops (including the stop where Lily got off) are cut off from the world. Additionally, if it's a shitty place - the authorities are in no hurry to unblock it tracks on this section.

Police Issue: Lily turned herself in to the police and was brushed off by a police officer.

p.s. Besides, maybe the news about the track collapse is also manipulated? And it's a lie, to keep Lily in town? Maybe all of the residents (or a large portion) are in cahoots to cheat Lily?
No, she was still on the train when she was told about the earthquake causing the landslide. If the earthquake had taken place before she got on the train, surely she would have known about it, and the train company would already be planning for the train to terminate at Grimwood, and return back afterwards. She didn't know about it, therefore it must have happened during her train journey. It's possible, that Grimwood is actually the end of the line, and the earthquake took place between there and New Georgetown, where Lily was attending the University. But in that case, they surely would have felt the earthquake on the train as it was happening? The idea that Lily could sleep through such a massive event, just beggars belief?

Not only the residents, but the train company itself would have to be in cahoots with such a conspiracy, which seems a bit of a stretch?

GeminiArt

Nov 30, 2020
Not only the residents, but the train company itself would have to be in cahoots with such a conspiracy, which seems a bit of a stretch?
Not all train company, just one person with access to a megaphone :sneaky:
Maybe the trains are currently running on schedule, but Lily doesn't know that because she's being lied to.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
So this is some explanation. The train managed to complete its course and return (reverse) to the main line before the landslide occurred. Then part of the line (where the action of the game takes place) was cut off.
No, she was still on the train in Grimwood station, when passengers were told about the landslide. The only thing that makes any sense at all, is that it happened behind them, and that Grimwood is the end of the line. But that begs the question, why nobody on the train experienced the earthquake whilst it was happening? It's standard practice to stop trains when an earthquake is occurring, because obviously the danger of derailment is high. The idea that Lily could sleep through such an occurence is laughable.

GeminiArt

Nov 30, 2020
1) It could have been some small, local earthquake (which maybe shouldn't even be considered a typical earthquake, maybe more of a mudslide that destroyed the tracks)
2) We don't know how far Grimwood station is from the landslide site. Maybe it's several dozen kilometers/miles away, and the landslide occurred when Lily was already in Grimwood. Perhaps a possible earthquake could have been less felt there.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Not all train company, just one person with access to a megaphone :sneaky:
Maybe the trains are currently running on schedule, but Lily doesn't know that because she's being lied to.
No, it would be the train guard/conductor. They usually make announcements. Plus, the train driver would have to be in on it as well. It's extremely unlikely they would know anybody in a small place like Grimwood, but I suppose it's not impossible. But in order for your theory to hold weight, they would need to know in advance, that Lily was going to fall asleep and miss her stop, which seems even more far-fetched.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
1) It could have been some small, local earthquake (which maybe shouldn't even be considered a typical earthquake, maybe more of a mudslide that destroyed the tracks)
2) We don't know how far Grimwood station is from the landslide site. Maybe it's several dozen kilometers/miles away, and the landslide occurred when Lily was already in Grimwood. Perhaps a possible earthquake could have been less felt there.
I live in the UK and we never have big earthquakes here. The last one one which was about 4-5 on the Richter Scale was about 100 miles away, and it still caused my entire bedroom to shake and woke me up. I think if it happened a few dozen kilometres away, they would have definitely felt it, and the train would have stopped. Even that would have caused enough commotion amongst the other passengers to wake Lily up, even by some miracle she'd managed to sleep through the earthquake.

But when Lily is talking to the old woman, on the first night, she says the earthquake caused a tunnel to collapse, which suggests it was a bit more than just a minor quake. In fact, in an earthquake prone zone, you would expect train tunnels to be built to withstand anything that wasn't a major quake.

Also, the following day when she's talking to a random guy in an alleyway, he mentions that the earthquake caused landslides that blocked the road as well. So in the good ending, how did her parents manage to come pick her up by car? As things stand the good ending is impossible, and she's completely stranded in the town either way.

I'm not saying the initial set-up via the earthquake is wrong, just that it needs to be explained in a somewhat more logical way. The guy in the alleyway, just needs to talk about the rail tunnel collapse, and not mention roads at all. Lily could have been awoken by the effects of the earthquake, when the train stopped at Grimwood station. She could have been asked to disembark and later informed that an earthquake had taken place, and a tunnel between Grimwood and New Georgetown had collapsed, stranding the train in Grimwood station. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is it really that difficult to work out an intro that makes some kind of sense?
In this case, yes. I'm sure that the dev would love to have a starting scenario that requires less suspension of disbelief, but that would take time better spent on the story. The Odyssey had a lot of elements that stretched the suspension of disbelief, but I don't see anyone telling Homer to re-write those sections.

If you'd like, assume that a naive Lily is just accepting the story she is being told by people who wish her ill and have no reason to tell her the truth. After all, as you point out, she didn't actually experience those events and maybe that's because they didn't happen.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
In this case, yes. I'm sure that the dev would love to have a starting scenario that requires less suspension of disbelief, but that would take time better spent on the story. The Odyssey had a lot of elements that stretched the suspension of disbelief, but I don't see anyone telling Homer to re-write those sections.

If you'd like, assume that a naive Lily is just accepting the story she is being told by people who wish her ill and have no reason to tell her the truth. After all, as you point out, she didn't actually experience those events and maybe that's because they didn't happen.
Most of the Odyssey occurs in far-off places that most of Homer's readers would never visit, so how could they know if it was fantasy or not? Because of the internet, we know everything about everything, even if we never leave our own homes. But back then people had a very limited knowledge of the world, and even somewhere a few hundred miles away, might as well have been on the Moon. It's not like, back then you could have looked it up somewhere, and challenged Homer and said you're talking a load of nonsense. Whereas, in this instance we can, very easily.

Plus, you're ignoring that to the ancient Greeks, the supernatural was a very real thing. When Homer was writing about the Gods and Monsters that Odysseus encounters on his voyage home, he was talking to the converted. His audience weren't suspending their disbelief, they believed it implicitly. It was the fundamental foundation on which their religion and way of life was built.

Once she's got off the train, and she's in Grimwood, what you say is perfectly feasible. But it seems extremely far fetched, that the train company would be in on whatever is going on there. And since she's told about the earthquake whilst she's still on the train, they would have to be, if your theory is to hold any weight.

It would have taken up very little time to explain things more logically. The Dev wouldn't have even needed any additional renders.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Homer is read today, when people don't believe in those things, but no one is saying to trash those books because they are patently untrue and so require a large dose of suspension of disbelief. Modern horror stories require the same. Is it better to limit the extent of suspension of disbelief? Sure. But that takes effort that is then not spent on other issues.

If the game requires more suspension of disbelief than you can manage, by all means walk away. If the level is tolerable, then enjoy the story. Castigating the author for the level they chose to require is a waste of time.

• Angry
Reactions: HUNUTAN

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Homer is read today, when people don't believe in those things, but no one is saying to trash those books because they are patently untrue and so require a large dose of suspension of disbelief. Modern horror stories require the same. Is it better to limit the extent of suspension of disbelief? Sure. But that takes effort that is then not spent on other issues.

If the game requires more suspension of disbelief than you can manage, by all means walk away. If the level is tolerable, then enjoy the story. Castigating the author for the level they chose to require is a waste of time.
There's a big difference, between telling a fantasical story, and telling it in such a way that doesn't make any sense. Suspension of disbelief doesn't mean you throw out all logic. What we're talking about would require a very minor change to the introduction, and wouldn't have actually taken any longer to produce, beyond taking a few more minutes to think about whether the intro made complete sense. All it requires is some changes to the text, which is nothing, since rendering is what takes up virtually all the Devs time.

Reactions: HUNUTAN

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
There's a big difference, between telling a fantasical story, and telling it in such a way that doesn't make any sense. Suspension of disbelief doesn't mean you throw out all logic. What we're talking about would require a very minor change to the introduction, and wouldn't have actually taken any longer to produce, beyond taking a few more minutes to think about whether the intro made complete sense. All it requires is some changes to the text, which is nothing, since rendering is what takes up virtually all the Devs time.
honestly even if you have an issue with it it's not something I even thought about once until this recent conversation. So to me it's not a huge deal but I understand why you or others may have issue with it. So thanks for this conversation since it does bring something up I never once thought about.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
honestly even if you have an issue with it it's not something I even thought about once until this recent conversation. So to me it's not a huge deal but I understand why you or others may have issue with it. So thanks for this conversation since it does bring something up I never once thought about.
Well it's not a huge deal for me either. I'm certainly not suggesting that the Dev should go back and alter the intro, at least not right now anyway. Revisions like that, are best left to when a game is completed. And then it's up to him whether he wants to do it or not.

It may not sound like it, but I do actually like this game. Generally, I only take the time to comment on games that I've enjoyed playing. Because otherwise, what's the point? If I dislike a game, I don't want to waste anymore time on it at all.

Reactions: HUNUTAN and Udayana

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
It's a good card - quality of a picture is not dependent on the GPU just on the experience of the developer. The only problem is speed of render and that will not change much with another card. A 1080ti has 11GB VRAM and actual cards up to the 4070 have only 12GB and that's not much of a difference. A 4080 with 16GB VRam is expensive and the more expensive 4090's are not available at the moment. To get faster render with your actual card you can use two tools available from DAZ -> Scene Optimizer and Camera Optimizer, about 25$ each and you can use that to reduce the resolution of unimportant parts in the background of the scene like other characters, clutter etc. Something in the back don't need 4k or 8k resolutions, sometimes even 512byte are enough and it will look the same, but the render goes faster. Scene optimizer can change the resolution of assets, while camera optimizer can delete everything that is not in the camera view to save memory. No need to load a painting that is on the other side of the wall or a wall that is covered by other walls.
Just by using those two tools you can avoid to get renders that are bigger than the available VRAM and will render the to big render with the slower CPU in the normal memory.....

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Good promising game, please shave her pussy, or at least let player decide to shave or not;)
It's okay to shave pubic hair, but please keep some of it. Please don't shave it all off.:confused:
It's an option, but depending in how you make the render for the game it doubles the work and the development time. Even if a render only takes 10 min and you have 20 renders that adds to 20x10min (200min) more time needed just to keep a jungle or clearing a jungle. But most games don't have just 20 pics and most render take more than 10min. And you have to build a function that change the picture used for every scene depending on being shaved or not.

Reactions: Udayana
4.10 star(s) 39 Votes