VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Rezan

Sep 1, 2017
I understand that the work overwhelms you, but if the game is going well, and you have a fanbase, you could hire people to help you, not abandon

Does anyone have a rough art of this game, I really like it and I was late getting it

Rezan

Sep 1, 2017
Sorry, English is not my native language. I'm still learning. What I wanted to say is that if I were in Huiteme's place, and the work is overwhelming me, but it is something that is paying me off financially because I have a fanbase, I would hire people to move the project forward. I never wanted to imply that someone else would take their work and advance it by stealing from the developer.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Sorry, English is not my native language. I'm still learning. What I wanted to say is that if I were in Huiteme's place, and the work is overwhelming me, but it is something that is paying me off financially because I have a fanbase, I would hire people to move the project forward. I never wanted to imply that someone else would take their work and advance it by stealing from the developer.
No worries about English, but FYI that's not what I was saying, either. My point was that right now Huitieme doesn't make enough money from the game (not even close) to be able to hire anyone to help him. So I was joking that you might hire someone to work for him to help him out. I was never implying anyone would steal anything.

Reactions: Rezan

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I understand that the work overwhelms you, but if the game is going well, and you have a fanbase, you could hire people to help you, not abandon

Does anyone have a rough art of this game, I really like it and I was late getting it
Frankly, it's not a bad idea but I think profit sharing would be better than hiring.

But! I think Huitieme is more of a hobbyist and is / was quite passionate about this project, but is not at all in it for the money.

Sharing the project with someone else means the other guy may do things with your creation which you may not like. So either you have to do a lot of micro management (which he doesn't have time for) or he has to let it go and let this game turn into someone else's vision.

Since he's not in it for the money, neither option is really attractive.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Frankly, it's not a bad idea but I think profit sharing would be better than hiring.

But! I think Huitieme is more of a hobbyist and is / was quite passionate about this project, but is not at all in it for the money.

Sharing the project with someone else means the other guy may do things with your creation which you may not like. So either you have to do a lot of micro management (which he doesn't have time for) or he has to let it go and let this game turn into someone else's vision.

Since he's not in it for the money, neither option is really attractive.
Yep. It's easy enough to get involved with something and then think because you're attached to a project that it's at least partly yours. I always make a point of telling any developer I work with that it's their project, not mine. I am fully prepared to have every single suggestion I make shut down. It's not my project, at all. I wish more folks would have that attitude. Just b/c you work for a company doesn't mean you get to undermine the CEO. Understandably, it becomes very hard for creators to trust someone else who is willing to help out. I know I personally would be livid if I had someone helping me work on something who then completely changed my vision of that creation.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes